Windows 10: Printer in error state

Discus and support Printer in error state in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I attempt to print documents from my Windows 10 PC the message 'This printer is in an error state' appears. I have run the diagnostic trouble... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TobysMum, Aug 6, 2018.

1. TobysMum Win User

Printer in error state

When I attempt to print documents from my Windows 10 PC the message 'This printer is in an error state' appears. I have run the diagnostic trouble shooter many times which tells me the problem cannot be identified or that it has been fixed! However when I send documents to the printer from a Windows 7 PC and laptop on the printer network the documents do print. This suggests the problem is in the W10 system. How can I resolve this issue?

:)

TobysMum, Aug 6, 2018

2. "Printer is in Error State"

If your Windows 10 compatible printer’s displaying “Printer in error state” there may be a problem with the printer itself.

So before doing any changes, make sure the printer is properly turned on,connected
    to your PC by the cable or Wi-Fi connection.

Also, check it for the low paper or ink and be sure printer’s
    cover isn’t open and the paper isn’t jammed.

I have also faced this annoying error a month ago and thankfully making few changes in the Port Settings through Device Manager helped me in this situation. Here's how to fix Printer in Error State:

• First of all, open Device Manager.
    • Click on View menu and then choose "Show hidden devices".
    • Expand the Ports (COM & LPT) and right click on Printer Port
      then select Properties.
    • Now, go to the Port Settings tab and then select “Use any interrupt assigned to the port” option.

Printer in error state f50ed1df-c990-481d-9adf-9b8311a2a479.png

• And also check the “Enable legacy Plug and Play detection” box.
    • Finally, click on OK button to save the changes and then
      restart
      your PC.

These changes in Port Settings should fix Printer in Error State in Windows 10 operating system.

Image source: http://www.zerodollartips.com/printer-in-error-state-windows-10/

Article source:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4028004/windows-printer-in-error-state

How to Fix Printer in Error State on Windows 10

I hope it helps.

Thanks

Seema-Bharti, Aug 6, 2018
  3. "Printer is in Error State"

Hi Trisha,

As per the description of the issue, I realized that you are facing issue with printer. I will certainly help you to resolve it.

Please follow the methods given below and check if it works.

Method 1: Run troubleshooter.

I suggest you to run printer troubleshooter. Please follow the link below to troubleshoot printer

problems:

Fix printer problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-printer-problems

After running the printer troubleshooter, Kindly share the results with us.

Method 2:

Since you are getting the error “Printer is an error state”, please refer the below link.

Printer in error state

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-10/printer-in-error-state

Method 3: If the printer is in Offline state, follow the below steps to

make it Online.

1. Click Windows + X, go to Control Panel
    and click on Devices and printers.

2. Click Printer.

3. If the Printer is offline, it shows “Offline” status. If the Printer is online it shows “Ready”.

4. If the Printer is offline, set it to online.

5. Right-click on the printer and select “Use Printer Online”.

6. The display should change to ready when the printer is set to online.

Hope the above information is helpful. Revert us with the status of the issue. We are glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Aug 6, 2018
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Printer in error state

Can't share printer—getting error message

Step 1: Go to store.
    Step 2: Buy a less shitty printer.
    Step 3: Pick up some beer while you are there.
    Step 4: Enjoy both your new printer and your beer.

In all seriousness, I have had more issues with Lexmark printers and their shitty drivers then any other manufacturer, HP is a close second though.

However, if you don't want to get a new printer*Laugh :laugh:, and I can understand that, when my Lexmark was giving me the same troubles in Win7(and Vista) I had to make sure the Windows firewall was ON and the firewall service was enabled and running. After I shared it I could re-disable the firewall and firewall services.

newtekie1, Aug 6, 2018
Thema:

Printer in error state

1. Printer in error state - Similar Threads - Printer error state

2. Printer in error state. How to fix?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer in error state. How to fix?: User account window asked if I wanted to allow a program my printer} to make changes. I accidentally clicked no. Now when I try to print I get a message "printer in error".. Printer is Brother MFC. OS is Windows 10. How do I fix this?...
  3. Printer in error state. How to fix?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer in error state. How to fix?: User account window asked if I wanted to allow a program my printer} to make changes. I accidentally clicked no. Now when I try to print I get a message "printer in error".. Printer is Brother MFC. OS is Windows 10. How do I fix this?...
  4. printer in error state

printer in error state: I have Windows 10 home installed and up to date. It tells me as of this afternoon. I also have a Brothers MFC795C printer attached to USB port that has worked for years. As of a recent Microsoft update it stopped working print wise. I can scan with this this device and set...
  5. Printer in Error State

Printer in Error State: Product: HP OfficeJet 5255 Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit I cannot print from my desktop. Laptop and Apple devices all print normal to the printer. I have the printer hooked up to my wifi, use the HP Smart app. I have tried hooking it up with the usb cable no...
  6. printer is in an error state. will not print

printer is in an error state. will not print: printer is in an error state. will not print https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-is-in-an-error-state-will-not-print/203c9849-d11c-4be9-9e74-0b6273c32990
  7. Printer in error state/offline

Printer in error state/offline: I have an HP Officejet Pro 8610 printer and for the last week it will not print. It is either offline or in an error state. I have reinstalled it, turn it office, restarted my laptop and I am so frustrated. What else can I do. I am not tech savvy....
  8. printer in Error State

printer in Error State: My C4600 HP printer is showing message "printer is in error state" when I try to print a document from my laptop. I've tried a few things but nothing successful do far....
  9. Epson Printer in Error State

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Epson Printer in Error State: I recently (August 19th, 2019) updated to Windows 10, 1903, and now my Epson Stylus Photo RX600 printer will not work. I've tried all the tricks and tips including uninstalling and installing, stopping and starting the print spooler, and contacting Epson with no results....
  10. Samsung printer in error state

Samsung printer in error state: Hello, please advise how to reconnect printer Samsung M2026W. Message on computer screen says "printer is in error state". This is a Wi-Fi connection. Would connecting by cable help? Thank you...