Windows 10: printer installs copy(1)

Discus and support printer installs copy(1) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi I have a brother all in one MCF-j470dw, I have it installed to 2 different laptops both wireless, both dell windows 10 laptops, one works fine, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by oatgla, Jan 4, 2016.

1. oatgla Win User

printer installs copy(1)

Hi I have a brother all in one MCF-j470dw, I have it installed to 2 different laptops both wireless, both dell windows 10 laptops, one works fine, the other one for some reason lost the original printer from devices and printers section now there is only a copy(1) there. I've tried uninstalling everything I can think of including whats listed in device*manager but whenever I reinstall the printer it automatically only installs the printer copy(1) no original printer, so every time I try to print it seems to be looking for the original printer and even though I have the copy(1) set as default I have to manually choose the copy(1) to print anything, this is probably not a printer problem because the other laptop works fine but hoping someone might be able to get me some advice, or has seen this before?

:)

oatgla, Jan 4, 2016
  2. WCarp Win User

Cannot install HP LaserJet Drivers on Windows 10 version 1607

When I click on Add a Printer, I eventually find listings for the HP 5000 LaserJet and various drivers. During the installation though, it already had a driver installed because it appends Copy 1 to the name but the printer wasn't listed in Devices and
    Printers, and in Device Manager. After installing an addition driver, the printer is now listed in Devices and Printers but without Copy 1 appended to the name and it's still not listed in Device Manager. So something is messed up concerning the LaserJet 5000
    printer installations. I was wondering if all of the installations can be removed so I can start over with a good installation??

WCarp, Jan 4, 2016
  3. Printer is shown as (copy 1) with no listing of the original

In Settings, Devices and Printers my printer is shown as (copy 1) with no listing of the original. I have deleted the printer and then added it but it still shows as copy 1. I'd like to delete both the original and copy but can't locate the original to
    delete it. Any ideas would be most welcome.

JohnMetcalfqw, Jan 4, 2016
  4. KeithD Win User

printer installs copy(1)

I had a similar issue with an HP, and the problem for me was that, whilst I had deleted the printer ok, the deletion of the printer did not delete the imaging device (which was the same name as the printer), which I spotted after several frustrating hours. After deleting the imaging device then re-installation of the printer worked fine and the copy1 was avoided..... don't know if this helps you...

KeithD, Nov 14, 2016
Thema:

printer installs copy(1)

1. printer installs copy(1) - Similar Threads - printer installs copy

2. Adding a copy of a printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Adding a copy of a printer: Since 2013, I had been using a workhorse HP LaserJet Pro 400 M401dn printer. Recently it had developed severe paper feed problems and finally refused to duplex without jamming, so I figured it was time for a replacement. It turns out that HP doesn't make a printer that...
  3. Adding a copy of a printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding a copy of a printer: Since 2013, I had been using a workhorse HP LaserJet Pro 400 M401dn printer. Recently it had developed severe paper feed problems and finally refused to duplex without jamming, so I figured it was time for a replacement. It turns out that HP doesn't make a printer that...
  4. Printer shows up as Copy 1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer shows up as Copy 1: I have a wireless printer that shows up as Copy 1 on one of my networked PCs. When I try to change the name without Copy 1, it fails because it says another device with that name exists. That device name does not show up under Devices & Printers. The printer works fine, but...
  5. Printer shows up as Copy 1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer shows up as Copy 1: I have a wireless printer that shows up as Copy 1 on one of my networked PCs. When I try to change the name without Copy 1, it fails because it says another device with that name exists. That device name does not show up under Devices & Printers. The printer works fine, but...
  6. Printer shows up as Copy 1

7. My Brother MFC-L8900CDW printer is listed as Copy 1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Brother MFC-L8900CDW printer is listed as Copy 1: I had to remove my printer and when I added it again it has Copy 1 after it, though it's the Brother printer listed. I've tried rebooting both my laptop and uninstalling it. Each time I add it now, it shows as Copy1....
  8. My Brother MFC-L8900CDW printer is listed as Copy 1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Brother MFC-L8900CDW printer is listed as Copy 1: I had to remove my printer and when I added it again it has Copy 1 after it, though it's the Brother printer listed. I've tried rebooting both my laptop and uninstalling it. Each time I add it now, it shows as Copy1....
  9. My Brother MFC-L8900CDW printer is listed as Copy 1

10. Printer will copy but not print

Printer will copy but not print: My Brother DCP-350C printer has always worked perfectly but since a Windows update this week it will copy but not print . Any ideas on what I can do to get it right ....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. printer installs as copy 2