Windows 10: printer is not working and I was told that since I upgraded Windows, the computer will not...

Discus and support printer is not working and I was told that since I upgraded Windows, the computer will not... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Lexmark 5600-6600 will not print since I updated Microsoft. I was told the computer doesn't recognize the printer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Catherine81, Jul 20, 2018.

1. printer is not working and I was told that since I upgraded Windows, the computer will not...

My Lexmark 5600-6600 will not print since I updated Microsoft. I was told the computer doesn't recognize the printer.

:)

Catherine81, Jul 20, 2018

2. Printer not working

Hi Terry,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

How have you connected the printer to your computer? Is it wired or wireless connection?

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• Click Hardware and Devices.

• Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Mouse, Touchpad and Printer drivers check if it works for you.
    Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Touchpad device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Follow the same steps to uninstall Mouse and Printer drivers.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset, touchpad and Printer drivers.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Giridhar J, Oct 16, 2018
  3. Printer not working after updating computer to windows 10

Hi Shelly,

I suggest you to run the Printer Troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• In Search window type Troubleshooting and click on it to open it.
    • Click on Hardware and Sound.
    • Then click on Printer to run the troubleshooter. Follow onscreen steps.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Oct 16, 2018
  4. printer is not working and I was told that since I upgraded Windows, the computer will not...

Printer

Hi Rodrigo,

I am sorry to know that you are having issues with Printer.

What and all steps have you tried so far?

Restart the computer and check.

Also, check for Windows updates.

I suggest you to run the Printer Troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• In Search window type Troubleshooting and click on it to open it.

• Click on Hardware and Sound.

• Then click on Printer to run the troubleshooter. Follow onscreen steps.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Oct 16, 2018
Thema:

printer is not working and I was told that since I upgraded Windows, the computer will not...

1. printer is not working and I was told that since I upgraded Windows, the computer will not... - Similar Threads - printer working was

2. Computer getting bluescreens every day since I upgraded to Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer getting bluescreens every day since I upgraded to Windows 11.: Hi, This is John from Ananka Group.Hey. Ever since I upgraded to Windows 11, my computer has been getting multiple bluescreens every day and so far, I've found absolutely no way to fix this. Most of them are caused by "ntoskrnl.exe"...
  3. Computer getting bluescreens every day since I upgraded to Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer getting bluescreens every day since I upgraded to Windows 11.: Hi, This is John from Ananka Group.Hey. Ever since I upgraded to Windows 11, my computer has been getting multiple bluescreens every day and so far, I've found absolutely no way to fix this. Most of them are caused by "ntoskrnl.exe"...
  4. canon printers told me my printer will not work because you have blocked too many ports. i...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    canon printers told me my printer will not work because you have blocked too many ports. i...: my printer does not work because you have blocked 13 ports. this according to Canon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/canon-printers-told-me-my-printer-will-not-work/74c40a59-a3a7-4cdc-87a6-2c6d9a65e47d
  5. computer upgraded now printer not working with windows 10

computer upgraded now printer not working with windows 10: I up graded to windows 10, now my printer Lexmark 1400 is not working, but worked before upgrade. This printer is brand new, just was never opened, and worked fine before upgrade....
  6. I been told I need upgrade my computer to play Anno 1800. What do I need

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I been told I need upgrade my computer to play Anno 1800. What do I need: Current Specs: Windows 10 64 bit Intel Core i3-4350 CPU @ 3.60 GHz 8.0GB RAM NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-been-told-i-need-upgrade-my-computer-to-play/a4d2c4c1-9064-47c6-a2e8-d391c9268cae
  7. Printer Drivers - I was told by manufacturer to contact Microsoft to missing ones...

Printer Drivers - I was told by manufacturer to contact Microsoft to missing ones...: But where do I do this? Okidata (the printer manufacturer) said that Microsoft now handles all printer drivers for Okidata printers and that if there are any missing, that Microsoft needs to be told to add them. In my case, I'm missing the drivers for a brand new Okidata...
  8. I have no sound since i upgraded to windows 10.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have no sound since i upgraded to windows 10.: How do I get my sound back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-no-sound-since-i-upgraded-to-windows-10/de5bbc63-ba16-48ef-8abb-ff4754ca1847
  9. My Computer Sleeps when I told it not to

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My Computer Sleeps when I told it not to: Hello guys. I have a Lenovo Ideapad 310-15iKB and Windows 10 v1803. My power plan is set to high performance. My computer is set not to sleep, although when I make it set to sleep mode, it continues to sleep when I turn it back on. The problem is gone when I restart though,...
  10. My Computer Sleeps even though I told it not to

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My Computer Sleeps even though I told it not to: Hello everyone. I have a problem concerning my laptop sleeping. In my power options, I have set it not to sleep, when charging or not. But when I ask it to sleep manually, every time I open it and leave it idle, it sleeps. The problem goes away when I restart my laptop but...