Windows 10: Printer list disappears and there are none listed when selecting print for word or other...

Discus and support Printer list disappears and there are none listed when selecting print for word or other... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Almost every time in windows 10 (I'm using Surface pro computer) I will go to print a document, the system hangs because it cannot find a printer. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by David Franklin, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Printer list disappears and there are none listed when selecting print for word or other...

Almost every time in windows 10 (I'm using Surface pro computer) I will go to print a document, the system hangs because it cannot find a printer. I then have to cancel the print, 'trouble shoot' printers and then the list appears, and I can continue, Why is the list of printers disappearing?

:)

David Franklin, Aug 9, 2018

2. Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Hi William,

We suggest that you disable and re-enable the Print to PDF feature. Here are the steps:

• Click on the Start menu and type in Windows Features.
    • Choose Turn Windows features on or off.
    • On the next window, find Microsoft Print to PDF and disable it. Click
      OK to save changes.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Repeat the same steps to re-enable Microsoft Print to PDF.
    If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps suggested on the link below under
    Advanced:

Fix printer problems

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Aug 9, 2018
  3. Rene tb Win User
    Printer listed as device and not as a printer. Cannot print

I am not able to print. If I go to Word or any other application my printer is not listed. If I go to settings I see my printer listed as a printer. When I go to > hardware and printers, then my printer is listed as a
    device and not as a printer. This is probably the reason why it is not listed in applications like Word. How can this problem be fixed? I run a business and need to print!

Rene

Printer list disappears and there are none listed when selecting print for word or other... e02dba7e-4c1e-4c2e-af7d-c7a36e19b216.png

Rene tb, Aug 9, 2018
  4. Printer list disappears and there are none listed when selecting print for word or other...

Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Thanks for your help. I was browsing the web the other day and I found a page called FINAL DRAFT. They had a set of instructions for reinstalling the Microsoft Print to PDF utility that worked great for me. Problem solved.

WilliamSturgis, Aug 9, 2018
Thema:

Printer list disappears and there are none listed when selecting print for word or other...

1. Printer list disappears and there are none listed when selecting print for word or other... - Similar Threads - Printer list disappears

2. Printer in device list wont show up in printer list for printing.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Printer in device list wont show up in printer list for printing.: I successfully add my bluetooth printer to the printer list, and it shows up in the scanner app, but it wont show up as a printer for any of the apps that print, or in any of the other management lists....
  3. Printer in device list wont show up in printer list for printing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer in device list wont show up in printer list for printing.: I successfully add my bluetooth printer to the printer list, and it shows up in the scanner app, but it wont show up as a printer for any of the apps that print, or in any of the other management lists....
  4. Printer in device list wont show up in printer list for printing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft print to pdf has disappeared from printer list

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft print to pdf has disappeared from printer list: ...its disappeared and does not show in the list of printers when 'adding a local printer et' local port, use existing port: PORTPROMPT:, Microsoft shows up in the Manufacturers list but not in the 'Printers' list. From what i understand there should be a 'Microsoft print to...
  6. How to flush the list of Printer in the Printer list

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to flush the list of Printer in the Printer list: How do i flush the printer list that comes up when selecting the printer to print too? I guess this is some sort of Cache? This problem is I have many old deleted printer that continue to com up in the list to print too. Deleting them from Printer and devices does not change...
  7. Printer listed under Other. Won't work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer listed under Other. Won't work.: I had my computer worked on and now my printer is listed under "Other". How do I get it under printers so it will work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-listed-under-other-wont-work/223d58f5-089a-462e-8121-651d1239dbb9
  8. Printing Grocery List

in Cortana
    Printing Grocery List: Please tell me how to print a Cortana Grocery or To Do list. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printing-grocery-list/01b162e5-cdc5-46f2-97f7-1dda69a19706"
  9. print favorites list

print favorites list: print list of my favorites https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/print-favorites-list/cd8dbba5-c35a-4eb2-b87f-7dc4ca91f8e4
  10. List of Programs disappeared

List of Programs disappeared: How do i get my list of programs back on Windows 10? When I click on the icon on the bottom left (looks like a window pane) nothing happens. Before, my list of programs appeared. Thanks...