Windows 10: Printer not being added

Discus and support Printer not being added in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have windows 10 on my computer. When I go to Add Printer - the Windows detects that Epson XP-445 is connected to the network. When I click on add... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Millennium Consultants, Jul 21, 2018.

1. Printer not being added

I have windows 10 on my computer. When I go to Add Printer - the Windows detects that Epson XP-445 is connected to the network. When I click on add device a message appears "Windows doesn't has a network profile for this device". I have done everything possible including reinstalling the Printer drivers - which fails because a message appears you have a later version of the software already installed on this computer. Windows simply does not detect my Printer and hence it doesn't work. Please advise remedy.

:)

Millennium Consultants, Jul 21, 2018
  2. JohnD Win User

Adding unlisted printer to the Win10 list

!'m not sure how I did it but all seems well now. It was something like Deacon suggested plus a re-boot or two. It's now listed as a printer, not as unspecified.

Printer not being added [​IMG]

Update the list still doesn't work.

Thanks for your support.

PS MS's Update catalogue is very useful. E.g. Microsoft Update Catalog

JohnD, Jul 21, 2018
  3. dmholt57 Win User
    Adding unlisted printer to the Win10 list

This is what you get by clicking the 'The printer I want is not listed' I would try the network options... *Cool

Printer not being added [​IMG]

dmholt57, Jul 21, 2018
  4. Printer not being added

Adding a New Printer in Windows 10 does not work

Hi Braink,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about adding a printer to Surface Pro 4 device. We will help you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted or outdated printer drivers after installing the updates for Outlook 2016. We will help you with this issue.

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps you to add the printer.

Step 1: If the device is not detected on your computer try to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

Follow:

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to check the status of
    Print Spooler service and check.

Print Spooler service, spools print service and handles interactions with the printer.
    If you turn off this service you won’t be able to print or see your printer.

Steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run command, type
      Services.msc and press Enter.
    • Search for Printer Spooler service, right click on it and
      Start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to Automatic.
    • Now check if you are able to install the driver.

Step 3: I suggest you to refer to the below thread, check if your issue matches with the same.

If so, try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Greg Carmack - MS MVP
    on January 10, 2016 and check if it helps.

Unable to connect my Printer to Windows 10

Hope it helps. get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 21, 2018
Thema:

Printer not being added

1. Printer not being added - Similar Threads - Printer being added

2. Adding a copy of a printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding a copy of a printer: Since 2013, I had been using a workhorse HP LaserJet Pro 400 M401dn printer. Recently it had developed severe paper feed problems and finally refused to duplex without jamming, so I figured it was time for a replacement. It turns out that HP doesn't make a printer that...
  3. Adding Printers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding Printers: When I go to set up a printer I keep running into issues with the Microsoft sign-in. At first it tells me my account simply doesn't exist and then once I finally managed to sign in it tells me I can't access this function because I don't belong to an organization. This is my...
  4. Adding Printers

Adding Printers: When I go to set up a printer I keep running into issues with the Microsoft sign-in. At first it tells me my account simply doesn't exist and then once I finally managed to sign in it tells me I can't access this function because I don't belong to an organization. This is my...
  5. Adding Printers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. adding a printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    adding a printer: Im trying to connect a new wireless printer and its not showing up even under 'advanced search' https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-a-printer/8ab36212-160f-40e6-9517-d3fb8eee0486
  7. adding a printer

adding a printer: Im trying to connect a new wireless printer and its not showing up even under 'advanced search' https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-a-printer/8ab36212-160f-40e6-9517-d3fb8eee0486
  8. Adding a printer

Adding a printer: I'm trying to connect a laptop to a printer but I have searched through the printers list and the one I want isn't there. Tried checking the 'add manually' but that does the same thing. Can you not just type in the make/model number that you want?...
  9. adding printer

adding printer: Hello, My laptop running windows 10 keeps telling me it can not find the driver for my Kodal Verite 55 plus. I've gone to the Kodak site to download and it tells me it can't detect it. The printer says it's connected. Again it shows as installed on the Laptop but says no...
  10. adding printer

adding printer: How can I add a HP LaserJet 1320 Printer to my PC with Windows 10? It does not come up on a list of printers/drivers. thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-printer/ce8ce848-30fc-405f-b505-0d982ba1251e