Windows 10: printer not detected issue

Discus and support printer not detected issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi snelcamp2 - Cleanly uninstall the printer software if already installed. Shut down the PC. Power-off and disconnect your printer if USB or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Compumind, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Compumind Win User

printer not detected issue

Hi snelcamp2 -

Cleanly uninstall the printer software if already installed. Shut down the PC.
    Power-off and disconnect your printer if USB or power-off if Wi-Fi.

Reboot the disconnected PC and perform this reset on the printer -

Epson XP-320 | XP Series | All-In-Ones | Printers | Support | Epson US

Afterwards download the correct version of the software for your model and follow the instructions.
    If W10 wants to install, let it go first. Check it. If no go, run the Epson software.

Epson XP-320 | XP Series | All-In-Ones | Printers | Support | Epson US

Let us know.

Hope this helps.

P.S. Plankton got in right before me (surprise!) but the process is essentially the same. Thanks, Plankton! *Smile

Compumind, Apr 5, 2018
  2. snelcamp2 Win User

Hi. I have an epson printer that has for some reason disappeared. I tried to reinstall the software pkg. and while it displays in devices (control panel) with a green check mark by it, it does not print. When trying to add a new device it is unable to locate it. This is windows 10 on a desktop pc, 64 bit computer and an epson xp320 printer. I have tried reinstalling after uninstalling and rebooting numerous times. Any help appreciated.

:)

snelcamp2, Apr 23, 2018
  3. My Printer is in an error state and I cannot print

My computer did not detect the new network printer that our office installed. All other computers were able to detect it, and I can still use the other office printers without any issues. My computer did not detect the new printer, so I added it manually
    and installed the driver provided by out IT staff.

The printer is listed and the icon is there, but each time I print it fails, and I get the error message that the printer is in an error state. The printer troubleshooter did not detect any issues.

Any thoughts?

Jaccordion, Apr 23, 2018
  4. printer not detected issue

printer off line

Connection issue, is it a wireless printer?

Try adding a new printer and see if it detects your printer, if it does then remove the older one and use the newer one.

Sumit Dhiman2, Apr 23, 2018
  5. Plankton Win User
    After you uninstalled driver/software package....did you download a fresh copy of the driver/software package? If not you need to. Next, before for you install the driver/software package, you need to unplug the printer USB cable...either from printer or PC...."IF THE PC IS STILL ON". Otherwise just leave printer off and cable connected.....then install the software and follow the onscreen prompts when to turn on printer.

Plankton, Apr 23, 2018
Thema:

printer not detected issue

1. printer not detected issue - Similar Threads - printer detected issue

2. Having issue with device malfunction in printer is not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having issue with device malfunction in printer is not detected: Hello I want to print some documents however my printer is not working. It's not detected by my PC, what to do to make it work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-issue-with-device-malfunction-in-printer-is/9f17df70-c6f0-43d7-b9b0-9f7bda8be619
  3. Having issue with device malfunction in printer is not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having issue with device malfunction in printer is not detected: Hello I want to print some documents however my printer is not working. It's not detected by my PC, what to do to make it work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-issue-with-device-malfunction-in-printer-is/9f17df70-c6f0-43d7-b9b0-9f7bda8be619
  4. Having issue with device malfunction in printer is not detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Laptop detects scanner but not printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop detects scanner but not printer: I have an old Canon MP250 multifunction printer/scanner. I haven't used it in ages.... I wanted to scan something so I plugged it in and connected it up to my laptop running Windows 10 via USB, and had no issues - I used Windows Fax/Scan to scan a document. But when I wanted...
  6. Laptop detects scanner but not printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop detects scanner but not printer: I have an old Canon MP250 multifunction printer/scanner. I haven't used it in ages.... I wanted to scan something so I plugged it in and connected it up to my laptop running Windows 10 via USB, and had no issues - I used Windows Fax/Scan to scan a document. But when I wanted...
  7. Laptop detects scanner but not printer

8. Printer detected but not printing

Printer detected but not printing: Hi, Printer says is connected, trouble shoot does not find any issues, drivers are updated, I have un-installed and re-installed several (8-9) times. I can't print a test page from the computer but I can from the printer. I can scan to the computer as well. There are no...
  9. Printer not detected by computer

Printer not detected by computer: Printer was working a few days ago. Got an update from Microsoft for Windows 10. Now computer doesn't detect the printer. I uninstalled the printer from the computer to reinstall but it will not reinstall. The computer just doesn't see nor recognize it. This printer has been...
  10. usb printers not being detected

usb printers not being detected: Hi, I have a new HP pc upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 and it does not detect the usb printers plug into it. I've tried 2 hp printers with it. All the other usb devices connected do work. Any ideas? Thanks, Joe 97155