Windows 10: Printer not printing through computer

Discus and support Printer not printing through computer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Morning, I am having a problem with printing anything from my computer. Printer software loads and says it is connected, ETC., but when I hit print I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Shalto#1, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Shalto#1 Win User

Printer not printing through computer

Morning,

I am having a problem with printing anything from my computer.

Printer software loads and says it is connected, ETC., but when I hit print I get two windows come up, first one says "Document could not be printed", 2nd one says, :An error occurred while printing the document". These error messages pop up after spooling seems to be taking effect but then they revert to the above error messages.

The windows that the messages appear in are headed Acrobat Reader. I'm not sure if this has any bearing.

I have tried two different printers with the same effect. Both printers are HP printers as is my computer.

How can I establish the problem and remedy it?

Many thanks

:)

Shalto#1, Jul 9, 2018
  2. Jan123 Win User

Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

• Remove the printer device.
    • Add a Printer
    • The printer that I want isn’t listed
    • Select a shared printer by name
    • Browse
    • Select the displayed Machine 1.
    • Select the displayed Printer.
    • Next
    • Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    • Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    • Next
    • Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    • Detecting TCP/IP Port
    • Additional Port information required.
    • Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    • Next
    • Detecting the Driver Model
    • Install The Print Driver
    • Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    • Next
    • Replace the Current Driver
    • Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    • Next
    • Do not share this printer
    • Next
    • You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    • Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, Jul 9, 2018
  3. Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Hi William,

We suggest that you disable and re-enable the Print to PDF feature. Here are the steps:

• Click on the Start menu and type in Windows Features.
    • Choose Turn Windows features on or off.
    • On the next window, find Microsoft Print to PDF and disable it. Click
      OK to save changes.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Repeat the same steps to re-enable Microsoft Print to PDF.
    If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps suggested on the link below under
    Advanced:

Fix printer problems

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Jul 9, 2018
  4. Ernie San Win User

Printer will not print

Hello Donald,

Usually, if the printer is unable to print this may be an issue with the driver for your device. To isolate the issue, we'd like to ask the following:

• What's the make and model of your printer?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

Meanwhile, we recommend checking the driver of your printer if it's updated. To do so, follow the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We are looking forward to your reply.

Ernie San, Jul 9, 2018
Thema:

1. Printer not printing through computer - Similar Threads - Printer printing through

2. my printer goes through the motions of printing from my computer but the page is always...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my printer goes through the motions of printing from my computer but the page is always...: my printer goes through the motions of printing from my computer but the page is always blank. It will print from other files though, How can this be fixed...
  3. my printer goes through the motions of printing from my computer but the page is always...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my printer goes through the motions of printing from my computer but the page is always...: my printer goes through the motions of printing from my computer but the page is always blank. It will print from other files though, How can this be fixed...
  4. Computer will signal printer to print

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer will signal printer to print: Does tech support solve problems like the computer not signaling the printer to print? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-will-signal-printer-to-print/c935f6be-5705-4de5-ae30-fc605caeee49
  5. printer won't print from computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    printer won't print from computer: What do I do with Device SWD\PRINTENUM\WSD-5d9595d2-7c67-4b30-9d46-1988da14e24f REQUIRES FURTHER INSTALLATION on my Brother MFC-495CW printer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-wont-print-from-computer/a985b203-a755-4b20-a246-679cbb5be597
  6. Printer will not connect to computer-will not print

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer will not connect to computer-will not print: I am unable to get my computer to connect to the printer. I have tried everything they had listed to try. Is there someone that can suggest a fix?...
  7. New computer won't print to printer

New computer won't print to printer: I have a new Lenovo IdeaPad S340 with Windows 10 and a HP ENVY 4520 printer. I downloaded the printer online since I don't have a CD slot. Computer recognizes the printer and sends to queue (at least device window shows it there), but it doesn't print. One time I turned...
  8. my printer is not printing from the computer

my printer is not printing from the computer: Hi my printer can print copies but will not print directly from my computer? Tried all of the suggestions you had listed but it still is not printing unless I want a copy? HELP! Theresa Gelchie...
  9. printer stopped printing from computer

printer stopped printing from computer: new windows 10 update installed and my Epson printer will no longer print from computer. ever time I hit print "save print out put as" comes up and regardless of what I do it will not allow me to print. Uninstalled the update but can not print from this computer from any app...
  10. cannot print from computer to printer???

cannot print from computer to printer???: My HP Officejet 5740 will print if I put something on printer to be copied but I cannot get it to print from my Lenova desk top computer. What am I doing wrong???...