Windows 10: Printer Notification missing

Discus and support Printer Notification missing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have no printer notification when I'm printing. In the control panel -> devices and printer -> printerserver properties these are enabled. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mbartelt, Sep 10, 2015.

1. mbartelt Win User

Printer Notification missing

Hi,

I have no printer notification when I'm printing. In the control panel -> devices and printer -> printerserver properties these are enabled. I have no hiden icons in the taskbar. I tried in the windows registry the setting from windows 7: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Printers\Settings\EnableBalloonNotificationsRemote and HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Printers\Settings\EnableBalloonNotificationsLocal. But this also don't work. I'm printing to and HP Deskjet 895 CXI on an WIndows Home Server 2011. On my Windows 7 Pro machine the notification is present. Any tipps what to do?

Manfred

:)

mbartelt, Sep 10, 2015

2. windows 10 version 1709

The images are in my first reply at the top of this page (they won't show up in the email notifications).

I can't help but to wonder if the printer's settings are missing because they need to be installed again. Are you able to get to the printer manufacturer's website to re-download their driver suite of software?

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Sep 10, 2015
  3. Officejet All-In-One Wireless Printer G510n-z

Hi Lisa,

Getting a notification that the update that was installed for your printer is not applicable for the device either means that there were missing components in the update or you have to manually download the update for your printer. For us to resolve your
    concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• The update that was installed, was it installed automatically by Windows update or is there a dedicated application on your computer that manages the printer functions and updates?
    • Which version and build of Windows 10 do you have installed on your computer?

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Sep 10, 2015
  4. ambimom Win User

Have you updated your printer's driver lately? It's probably been made compatible with Windows 10 since July.

ambimom, Sep 11, 2015
  5. mbartelt Win User
    Hi,

it's an old HP Deskjet 895 CXI, driver installed from the WIndows Home Server 2011. It's the same driver, that is instllable via Windows update.

mbartelt, Sep 11, 2015
  6. ambimom Win User
  7. mbartelt Win User
    mbartelt, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Printer Notification missing - Similar Threads - Printer Notification missing

2. Notification suggestions on "Devices and Printers"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notification suggestions on "Devices and Printers": Hello, Each time I open the "Devices and Printers" window, there is a yellow notification from Microsoft "Suggesting to replace the icons....". Before applying to you with this question, I did every possible setting while searching the internet. It is annoying and I do not...
  3. Missed notifications

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Missed notifications: I had a windows notification pop up just now but was in the middle of replying to a message so didnt see it. Have gone to the notifications and its empty ...nothing was dismissed and all notifications settings are turned on and everything is ticked under manage notifications....
  4. Where is the printer in the notification area?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Where is the printer in the notification area?: In previous versions of windows there has been an icon in the notification area that allowed me to see what was happening to items that were printing. Whichever printer they were sent to. Is there a way to get the same function in Windows 10? Sorry if my terminology is...
  5. Notifications - apps missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Notifications - apps missing: Hi, I removed email notifcation on windows 10. I would now like to receive a notfication everytime i recieve an email. I tried through email settings. I went Manage notification>get notifications from these apps However my email app (outlook) is not there, infact i can...
  6. Missing printer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Missing printer: I assume there has been a recent update. My printer HPC3180 no longer appears on my list and has been replaced with HP ePrint. I've tried all the help and troubleshooting options. It is not found if I ADD printer. I can print when in a document, e.g. Word, so the printer...
  7. StartupCheckLibrary.dll is missing notification!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    StartupCheckLibrary.dll is missing notification!: Hello to everyone, My windows defender quarantined StartupChecklibrary.dll as a Trojan. Since then every time I start the PC I'm getting the StartupCheckLibrary.dll is missing notification. I've read that StartupChecklibrary.dll is an official windows dll. How can this be...
  8. Missing printer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing printer: I have an Epsom XP-510 printer that has been perfectly ok until today.When I tried to print something I get the error message STATUS.ERROR.It seems to have lost the wi-fi connection,I have a fully wired connection and the other units connected all show and are working ok.I am...
  9. Missing notification Button

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing notification Button: i installed 1809 and i noticed that i don't have button at the end of the taskbar to open the notifications panel. i know they are on and working cause i've been getting the ones i haven't disabled under notification settings. any idea how to get it back, or an alternative...
  10. Missing Devices & Printers

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Devices & Printers: Most of my devices and printers have disappeared from the Devices & Printer page. Any ideas? 43334

Users found this page by searching for:

1. printer notifications missing