Windows 10: Printer only works in certain Windows applications / 0 documents pending

Discus and support Printer only works in certain Windows applications / 0 documents pending in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I own a HP ENVY 5530 series printer on Windows 10. I've discovered that it will not print from any application but certain Windows apps such as Photos... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PrintingJobs, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Printer only works in certain Windows applications / 0 documents pending

I own a HP ENVY 5530 series printer on Windows 10. I've discovered that it will not print from any application but certain Windows apps such as Photos or Edge. It will not print from LibreOffice, Firefox, WordPad or anything like that. The same issue would occur with Windows Print to PDF: doesn't work outside of Photos or Edge. However it does work on another computer running Windows 7.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the printer, using the software provided by HP to install my device (which just fails to install), restarting Printer Spooler. Once I had that issue and the HP Diagnosis tool worked, but it doesn't work anymore.

My issue is similar to this one that was automatically locked.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-hardware/hp-printer-will-not-print-from-selective/395748de-d86e-4515-9e42-df18c4483e3a

The workaround did work... on the account that was created, but that doesn't help me on my main account. Can anyone chime in?

:)

PrintingJobs, Aug 5, 2018

2. how to get printer online

Hi Kathy,

Your printer may not connect properly due to incorrect printer or network sharing settings. To isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Have you made any recent changes in the settings prior to the issue?
    • Does this issue only happen when trying to print a certain document or it happens randomly?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying use the printer?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided on this

link
    . The methods provided on the link also includes the steps on how to run the troubleshooter that may help to resolve the issue.

For any results, just send us a reply.

Eileen Gal, Aug 5, 2018
  3. Unable to print Excel documents on Windows 10.

Hello Gifford,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

From the above description, I understand you are unable to print Excel documents on the computer running Windows 10.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Did you check if you are able to print other system documents or webpages using the printer?
    • Did you check if the printer is visible under Devices and Printers?

You will be able to print documents and web pages from the Printer if the device is online or showing working status under
    Devices and Printers.

If haven’t tried, I suggest you to check if you are able to print documents other than Excel documents or webpages using the printer.

Also check if the printer is listed under Devices and Printers
    by following the steps below:

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Devices and Drivers and select the top most search result.
    • Under Printers, check if the printer you are trying to print from is listed.
    • If yes, print a test Excel document and check if the device works.

Write to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Aug 5, 2018
  4. Printer only works in certain Windows applications / 0 documents pending

Printer? Word says there is no printer installed, Printers are listed under Devices and my default is set

Hello Mel,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Printer. We will certainly help you.

It would be grate if you can reply to this question to assist you further:

• Does the issue only occur when you are using Word?
    • Have you tried printing any other document like PDF?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows updates?

Meanwhile we suggest you to try the steps from the links below and check:

Fix printer problems

Fix printer

Let us know the result. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Aug 5, 2018
Thema:

Printer only works in certain Windows applications / 0 documents pending

1. Printer only works in certain Windows applications / 0 documents pending - Similar Threads - Printer works certain

2. My internet only works for certain applications and websites

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My internet only works for certain applications and websites: My computer randomly started having trouble connecting to certain websites and applications, I restarted it in order to attempt to fix it, went ahead and reset my adapter settings, connected and disconnected my LAN cable and yet it doesn't work.Any help is appreciated...
  3. My internet only works for certain applications and websites

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My internet only works for certain applications and websites: My computer randomly started having trouble connecting to certain websites and applications, I restarted it in order to attempt to fix it, went ahead and reset my adapter settings, connected and disconnected my LAN cable and yet it doesn't work.Any help is appreciated...
  4. Microphone not working for certain applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone not working for certain applications: Hi I am Joshua.I use an Windows 11 Laptop, and I had been experiencing some issues with the Bluetooth microphones At first, they were working well, but later, A Microsoft visual c++ library error, "Assertion Failed", popped up.From that point, microphone is not working in the...
  5. Microphone not working for certain applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone not working for certain applications: Hi I am Joshua.I use an Windows 11 Laptop, and I had been experiencing some issues with the Bluetooth microphones At first, they were working well, but later, A Microsoft visual c++ library error, "Assertion Failed", popped up.From that point, microphone is not working in the...
  6. Print Screen not working, only sometimes and only in certain applications.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Print Screen not working, only sometimes and only in certain applications.: When doing normal computery stuff, my printscreen works totally fine. I press it, I paste into Paint or Discord, and there it is. The problems arise when I'm in fullscreen games. Pressing printscreen most of the time does absolutely nothing, *however*, when I press it after...
  7. Only certain system sounds are working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Only certain system sounds are working: Hello, I am trying to use custom system sounds, but only certain system sounds are playing. Specifically the system sounds that by default have sounds set to them. Things like maximize, minimize, restore down, etc, that don't by default have sounds, are not working when I set...
  8. Certain Windows applications not working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Certain Windows applications not working.: After some of my applications started to have issues, i first tried reinstalling all of the Microsoft visual c++ Redistributable packages which did not work, i them used the DISM tool for repair, which did work, however after i got everything working I noticed that the start...
  9. ADFS only Working On Certain IPs

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    ADFS only Working On Certain IPs: Recently I have been tasked with putting an updated application on our new 2016 virtual server to run our campus. ADFS is already working on major systems. And for this particular new 2016 server, I can navigate from a handful of other computers and browser sign into the adfs...
  10. High Contrast setting only on certain applications

in Windows 10 Customization
    High Contrast setting only on certain applications: So by mistake, on the ease of access tab I clicked on the high contrast setting a number of times as my computer seemed to have sticky keys of some sort. Even after being turned off, some applications still retained the high contrast e.g. the background of Microsoft words and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. printer only works with certain programs