Windows 10: Printer preferences not identical on connected PCs

Discus and support Printer preferences not identical on connected PCs in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have two home PCs, both running Win 10 Pro 64-bit version 1803, both connected to an Xfinity broadband router. My PC has a USB connected HP Envy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rzn6jw, Aug 26, 2018.

1. rzn6jw Win User

Printer preferences not identical on connected PCs

I have two home PCs, both running Win 10 Pro 64-bit version 1803, both connected to an Xfinity broadband router. My PC has a USB connected HP Envy printer. My wife's PC prints to this PC via the network.

The issue is that my wife's PC can only print to the HP in black-and-white. When selecting printer preferences on her PC there is no color option selections available. However, these selections are available on my PC. I have deleted, downloaded and installed the printer drivers, and reconfigured the Envy on her PC but the lack of color is still there (see below).

Printer preferences not identical on connected PCs [​IMG]

I'm wondering if this is a function of Windows or if this is an HP issue.

:)

rzn6jw, Aug 26, 2018

2. Can't change printer preferences in Windows 10

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

• What exactly happens when you try to go into printer driver settings from Control Panel?
    I suggest you to try the steps given below and check if it helps:

Step 1:

• Type change default printer and hit
      enter.

• Check whether you are able to change the preferences and properties from here.

Step 2:

• Type printers and scanners and hit
      enter.

• Check whether you are able to change the preferences and properties from here.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Aug 26, 2018
  3. connecting laptop to Office jet G55 printer

Hi Luisa,

To help you with your concern regarding the printer, let me suggest you to contact the manufacturer for the steps on how to connect your printer to your computer. Please follow the steps on how to contact the manufacturer:

• The name of the OEM + “contact information”
    • The name of the OEM + “PC support”

Regards.

Virfranz Man, Aug 26, 2018
  4. topgundcp Win User

Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    • Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

• Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

topgundcp, Aug 26, 2018
Thema:

1. Printer preferences not identical on connected PCs - Similar Threads - Printer preferences identical

2. Printer Preferences

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer Preferences: Is there a way to tell windows 10 to allow each app its own printer preferences. If I set a specific preference in devices and printer it applies to all apps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-preferences/1367993b-cb6b-4cdd-a928-429333b2edd2
  3. Printer preferences lost

in Windows 10 Customization
    Printer preferences lost: I have a HP ENVY 5540 printer which works perfectly I have tested it by printing from my phone but I have lost a number of printer preference options when trying to print from my laptop, namely: colour printing and photo quality print although I can select 'best'. So when...
  4. Printer Preferences

Printer Preferences: Received CD from UK and changed "Printer Preferences" to "Shrink to fit". Printed Fine. Tried to go back in to change "Printer Preferences" and upon selecting printer to "Manage" received pop-up window with following: White X in small red circle followed by...
  5. Connecting PCs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connecting PCs: I have two computers both running Windows 10 Pro 64bit. They are both on the same broadband router Network which connects with G4 as we have no land-line. I want to connect the computers but when I try I am asked for a username and password. I have never used a password for...
  6. Connecting one printer to two PCs on Windows 10.

Connecting one printer to two PCs on Windows 10.: I have two computers connected by a switch, but can only printer from one computer. I've already changed the sharing options on both computers and still can only print from one. Also, I have no Homegroup....
  7. printer preferences

printer preferences: I want to cease using the duplex printing (default setting) to print on 1 page. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-preferences/c75e4fb4-f754-47ca-b4ac-f13d921a0a60
  8. Printer preferences

Printer preferences: I have a HP Photosmart printer, which I cannot print on. when I choose the 'Printing Preferences', it's all blank, there's nothing in the boxes at the top (settings/advanced/security etc) & on the right side of the page there are just symbols. I've uninstalled & reinstalled...
  9. Printer not using preferences

Printer not using preferences: Here's a weird one. 2 systems, one a homebuilt Intel-based tower and the other an AMD based laptop, both: Windows 10 Pro, 64 Bit system with all updates. Canon MF227DW Laser printer with the current drivers Windows has all current drivers for the printer. Uninstalled,...
  10. Printer preferences not identical on connected PCs

Printer preferences not identical on connected PCs: I have two home PCs, both running Win 10 Pro 64-bit version 1803, both connected to an Xfinity broadband router. My PC has a USB connected HP Envy printer. My wife's PC prints to this PC via the network. The issue is that my wife's PC can only print to the HP in...