Windows 10: Printer preferences set in control panel not used in applications

Discus and support Printer preferences set in control panel not used in applications in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am using Windows 10, and setting printer preferences in the control panel. When I go to an application, it is not using the printer settings that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RichardLinhart1, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Printer preferences set in control panel not used in applications

I am using Windows 10, and setting printer preferences in the control panel.

When I go to an application, it is not using the printer settings that I set in the control panel.

What do I need to do to have printer preferences be saved?

:)

RichardLinhart1, Aug 23, 2018

2. Can't change printer preferences in Windows 10

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

• What exactly happens when you try to go into printer driver settings from Control Panel?
    I suggest you to try the steps given below and check if it helps:

Step 1:

• Type change default printer and hit
      enter.

• Check whether you are able to change the preferences and properties from here.

Step 2:

• Type printers and scanners and hit
      enter.

• Check whether you are able to change the preferences and properties from here.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Aug 23, 2018
  3. Control Panel... Devices and Printers content

Hi,

Thank you for the reply and update.

As there is a delay in opening the Devices and Printers content from the Control Panel, suggest you to follow this alternative method of opening the same screen to check if that helps.

• Press “Windows key + I” to get the Settings screen.

• Click on “Devices” and click on “Devices and printers”.

If there are external devices connected then pc takes some time to communicate with those devices and then the screen opens up.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Aug 23, 2018
  4. Printer preferences set in control panel not used in applications

Is there "Settings" equivlent to the Control panel > Devices and Printer > Printer que windows

Hi Rohn,

I will certainly help you with the Printer queue option in the settings.

Kindly follow the steps below:

• Click on the Windows start button and select
      settings.

• Select the option Devices.

• In devices click on Printers and Scanners from the left pane.

• Select the printer as per your preference and click on
      Open queue
      the window you are looking for will be displayed.
    Please get back to us for further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you

Jahnabi Das, Aug 23, 2018
Thema:

Printer preferences set in control panel not used in applications

1. Printer preferences set in control panel not used in applications - Similar Threads - Printer preferences set

2. Control Panel VS Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Control Panel VS Settings: Hello everybody,Who preferes the control panel and who preferes settings in ms win10?what i think: i dont like settings because a lot of control panel functions are not included.settings seems to be the UWP of the control panel. Is settings wrongly designed yes still in...
  3. Printing Preferences from Control Panel will not open?

Printing Preferences from Control Panel will not open?: Hi, We have x2 Windows 10 Pro Dell PC's but just today both would no longer allow the user to select the printing preferences page. Both are set as the default printer. We added another make/model of printer but that displays the preferences OKI also installed all the latest...
  4. Invalid Control Panel Setting

Invalid Control Panel Setting: I uninstalled Avira Antivirus and I use Avast now, however there is one issue it left after uninstalling. There is invalid setting in Control Panel called Avira Antivirus and it has default folder icon. I checked .cpl files in system32 folder, but I didn't find any file that...
  5. Printer preferences and properties are not available in control panel or settings.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer preferences and properties are not available in control panel or settings.: I am having an issue with a Network Printer. At this time this is only happening for one user on multiple computers. This printer is deployed by GPO. If the user tries to change the preferences in control panel/device and printers, there is no "printer properties" or...
  6. Control Panel AND Settings

Control Panel AND Settings: Why do we find two possibilities to change settings, Control Panel and Settings. They don't cover eachother as far as I know. Why not bring them together? It would be much less confusing in my opinion....
  7. Printer Preferences settings not getting saved

Printer Preferences settings not getting saved: Windows 10 does not save the printer settings aw well as the settings in the 'preferences'. In 'preferences' there is another two settings, 'Default setting' and 'current setting'. If I click on 'current setting' and 'apply' it, after the print-out is done it again goes back...
  8. no language setting in control panel

no language setting in control panel: [ATTACH]no language setting in control panel https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-language-setting-in-control-panel/7747d59d-3536-4785-b09b-70d0a9939941
  9. How to set the printer preferences permanently for a particular printer

How to set the printer preferences permanently for a particular printer: Hi, I would like to know how to set the printer preferences permanently for a particular printer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-the-printer-preferences-permanently-for/7ba5d7d5-4292-45f8-ab46-f3e779755734
  10. Printer not using preferences

Printer not using preferences: Here's a weird one. 2 systems, one a homebuilt Intel-based tower and the other an AMD based laptop, both: Windows 10 Pro, 64 Bit system with all updates. Canon MF227DW Laser printer with the current drivers Windows has all current drivers for the printer. Uninstalled,...