Windows 10: Printer problem after Windows 10 upgrade

Discus and support Printer problem after Windows 10 upgrade in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After Windows 10 upgrade my computer "mysteriously" connected to Public and can't use Printer now. Trying to reset to private. How do I do that? Is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DAVIDWOODSON1, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Printer problem after Windows 10 upgrade

After Windows 10 upgrade my computer "mysteriously" connected to Public and can't use Printer now. Trying to reset to private. How do I do that? Is that a connect solution? Will private setting stop SPAM?

:)

DAVIDWOODSON1, Aug 15, 2018
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Aug 15, 2018
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Aug 15, 2018
  4. Printer problem after Windows 10 upgrade

Windows 10 update cause printer problem with: "Printer not activated - Error - 20"

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the printer after the Windows Update, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • How is the printer connected to the computer, locally or through network?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the drivers for printer and check.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Print queue.

• Right-click on the printer driver
      that is listed and click Update driver software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the printer troubleshooter from
    Fix printer problems
    and then check if this fixes the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 15, 2018
Thema:

Printer problem after Windows 10 upgrade

1. Printer problem after Windows 10 upgrade - Similar Threads - Printer problem upgrade

2. Printer driver problem after the Windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer driver problem after the Windows 10 upgrade: Since the Windows 10 upgrade three weeks ago, my Canon printer will not print disc labels. It functions fine in every other regard, but when trying to print the disc label I get an "unable to print" message without an error code, and when using the USB connection there is an...
  3. Problem with Windows 10 after upgrade

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with Windows 10 after upgrade: Hi, Acer travel mate lap top upgraded to window 10 a few years ago. Windows 10 is a real pain. constantly losing wifi at the drop of a hat when ever I ask it to do a task. Have installed blue tooth usb device which worked well for a couple opf months then it start to...
  4. Problems after upgrade to windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems after upgrade to windows 10: My installed ram has reduced to 2gb from 8gb after upgrade to windows 10 from windows 8.1! I use virtual box to operate various operating systems but unable to do this due to lack of ram can you please help?...
  5. Printer Not Working after upgrading to Windows 10

Printer Not Working after upgrading to Windows 10: I have a dell printer and desktop,after upgrading to windows 10 printer will not work anymore. I have done all humanly possible including running original disk for my printer. Would love a fix for this,after all we are the ones buying the Windows/Microsoft/Computers products....
  6. Slow printer after windows 10 upgrade

Slow printer after windows 10 upgrade: Ever since my computer did a windows 10 upgrade, my printer prints extremely slow. I have done all the diagnostics multiple times and it still will not print at a normal speed. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. According to the printer website and diagnostics my printer is...
  7. Windows 10 upgrade printer problem.

Windows 10 upgrade printer problem.: How do I solve HP Color Laserjet printer problem following Windows10 upgrade? Printer message: "Unsupported Personality:: UNKNOWN". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-upgrade-printer-problem/39d626e7-24c7-4850-8723-4041e27db459
  8. Printer problems after upgrading to Win 10 1903

Printer problems after upgrading to Win 10 1903: I recently upgraded to Windows 10 1903. Appeared to go ok, until I wanted to use my printer, a Brother MFC-J5330DW. It would not function, even though the device preferences and settings could be seen and it was flagged as the default printer in the Windows settings. Any...
  9. Problems after Windows 10 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems after Windows 10 Upgrade: I upgraded to Windows 10 three days ago and I now have innumerable problems. Firstly I can't open the start menu. If I right click on it I get the usual context menu but left clicking doesn't activate the new start menu. Secondly although I have the search bar I'm not able to...
  10. problems after windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    problems after windows 10 upgrade: Hallo, I am having a couple of problems and I don't know if they are related or each needs to dealt with separately. I keep getting this message "the external tool disk defragmentation GUI could not be found for os windows unknown major release service pack 0...