Windows 10: Printer Problem

Discus and support Printer Problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I up loaded Windows 10 to replace Windows 7. I has been working just fine until yesterday when I tried to print a word document. The " Print" button is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by dgreen, Sep 7, 2015.

1. dgreen Win User

Printer Problem

I up loaded Windows 10 to replace Windows 7. I has been working just fine until yesterday when I tried to print a word document. The " Print" button is dead. The HP 7510-All-in-One Photosmart printer will scan documents to my PC, scan documents etc. just fine but will not print a document. Any ideas??? *Sad

Don G

:)

dgreen, Sep 7, 2015

2. default printer keeps change

Hi,

I am using Windows 10. The problem is the default printer keeps change. For example, I set printer A as the default printer. Then I print to printer B. Then the system change my default printer to printer B. It is very strange and the problem is repeatable.

Please advise what could cause the problem.

Thanks,

graceyin39, Sep 7, 2015
  3. Windows 10: Print Spooler Service could not be started - not sufficient resources for the operation

same problem with me all drivers for my printer installed successfully on windows x64 and printer is giving print command to printer but printer is taking print command problem is only with x64 and x86 version is working fine with printer

Pankaj Sarupariya, Sep 7, 2015
  4. dgreen Win User
    Yes I have. Downloaded all the up to date drivers. Everything I have checked says the devices are working correctly however not only will the "Print" button not work nor will the "Test Page" sent by HP work. I keep getting messages the computer is off line but I have not trouble getting on the internet. If I can get on the internet, why can't HP send a "Test Page"???

When I click send "Test Page", it tells me a "Test page" has been sent, but the printer does not respond. *Sad

Don G

dgreen, Sep 8, 2015
  5. jds63 Win User
    Long shot, by any chance what are your network settings, Private ?File and printer Printer sharing on ? Show your printer in Devices and Printers in the Control Panel ? Check Printer in Device Manager, any yellow exclamation points ?

jds63, Sep 8, 2015
  6. dgreen Win User
    Printer is sharing, No yellow exclamation points. On this very page, if you go to tools wheel and click "Print", nothing happens. If you click "Print preview" and then click print nothing happens???

I can go to the top of this page, click tools, click print or print preview, click print to a PDF file and save to a new folder on my desktop. So I know the computer is communicating with the internet. I have just about convinced myself the printer print function has shot craps. I did restore the printer to it's factory defaults and it didn't help.

I guess I need to go to Amazon and buy another printer!!

*cry

Don G

dgreen, Sep 8, 2015
  7. jds63 Win User

Printer Problem

Did you check Devices and Printers in Control Panel was it listed there ? Did you try to add a Printer, add a device ?
    How was printer connected USB ? Try disconnect and reconnect. Run hardware troubleshooter. Drivers are up to 2014 not sure how compatible they are for Windows 10.

A lot of solutions to try here, ever see this ?
    http://support.hp.com/gb-en/product/...ent/c04714314/

jds63, Sep 8, 2015
  8. dgreen Win User
    Yes the printer is the primary default printer in devices shown in Control Panel. It is connected USB, not only did I disconnect and reconnect, but removed the USB cable and installed a new one. I also tried adding a new device.

Also tried to re-install HP software that came with the printer but was told it was not compatible with Windows 10 operating system. Went to HP and confirmed the printer is compatible with Windows 10, downloaded their latest drivers and HP printer Assistant. Nothing seems to help!!

Don G

dgreen, Sep 8, 2015
  9. dgreen Win User
    I as a last result uninstalled the printer, disconnected the USB and main power switch, re-booted the computer, added a new device, reconnected the main power switch, re-connected the USB, selected it as the default printer and Eureka!

The thing seems to be back to normal.

Don G

dgreen, Sep 8, 2015
  10. jds63 Win User
    Good to hear, similar to what i said about letting it redetect it again. My last choice would be reinstall USB drivers by uninstalling them and rebooting letting redetect them. I was not sure what other USB devices you may of had.

I have an Epson not so knew same type of All-in-One, only issue i had is i lost right type of icon in Devices and Printers on Windows 10, as it uses a Windows default icon instead of an Epson one, but no big deal it works.

jds63, Sep 8, 2015
  11. I have an HP 8500 all-in-one and I repeatedly get a popup saying it's dropped offline even though the network cable is still connected. If I unplug the cable from both the router and printer, turn off the printer, turn it back on, and replug the cable at both ends, it's fine -- for a while. I've experienced this in Win8.1 as well, so it's not a Win10-specific problem.

Mark Phelps, Sep 9, 2015
  12. Printer Problem

HP printer 7515
    I had the same problem. I hope this helps:
    uninstall your printer then go to:
    control panel
    devices and Printers
    add a printer
    when the window comes up that says: the
    printer I want isn't listed
    add a printer using a TCP/IP address or host name
    go to your printer and get the ip address write it down
    and enter it here once it will fill in both lines
    your computer will find your printer and know where it is and
    poof!!!! you can print!!
    hope this works for you!

haircolorer, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Printer Problem

1. Printer Problem - Similar Threads - Printer Problem

2. I have a problem with my printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a problem with my printer: I have a dnp ds rx1 printer and i can not connect it to my window 10.I tried everything but i can not connect it.I tried install companies driver and i could not install it.I tried uninstall it and install it again but that also did not help.I do not know what to do now.Also...
  3. I have a problem with my printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a problem with my printer: I have a dnp ds rx1 printer and i can not connect it to my window 10.I tried everything but i can not connect it.I tried install companies driver and i could not install it.I tried uninstall it and install it again but that also did not help.I do not know what to do now.Also...
  4. I have a problem with my printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Printer problems

Printer problems: We have changed to a Spectrum router and modem. Now I can't get my Epson ET-2400 to print. When we had T-mobile it would print https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-problems/c6bb250d-5a74-4a4b-8dce-d867ad50b295
  6. Printer problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer problems: We have changed to a Spectrum router and modem. Now I can't get my Epson ET-2400 to print. When we had T-mobile it would print https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-problems/c6bb250d-5a74-4a4b-8dce-d867ad50b295
  7. Printer problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Why can't I change the paper type to photo paper on my printer? Windows 11 problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I change the paper type to photo paper on my printer? Windows 11 problem.: Finally I found where I could possibly change the paper type in this question:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-print-2-photos-on-1-page-windows-11/69b8915e-e36b-424d-9947-fd14818fc2ae But the dialog on my computer only has Plain paper. And the...
  9. Why can't I change the paper type to photo paper on my printer? Windows 11 problem.

Why can't I change the paper type to photo paper on my printer? Windows 11 problem.: Finally I found where I could possibly change the paper type in this question:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-print-2-photos-on-1-page-windows-11/69b8915e-e36b-424d-9947-fd14818fc2ae But the dialog on my computer only has Plain paper. And the...
  10. Printers broken, driver problems, adding printer problems. Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printers broken, driver problems, adding printer problems. Win 10: This problem started because Brother MFC-J6920DW would not print correctly at letter size.Problem printer was deleted, including 'IPP Class Driver' and now I am unable to successfully add any printers. They either load up and simply say 'Driver is unavailable' or appear to...