Windows 10: Printer Problems After Windows 10 Updates a Couple Of Weeks Ago

Discus and support Printer Problems After Windows 10 Updates a Couple Of Weeks Ago in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, New to the forum so please be gentle with me (treat me like an idiot)!! I have a Dell XPS 420 which I have had for about 8 years now.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by timattgs, Aug 19, 2017.

1. timattgs Win User

Printer Problems After Windows 10 Updates a Couple Of Weeks Ago

Hi,

New to the forum so please be gentle with me (treat me like an idiot)!!

I have a Dell XPS 420 which I have had for about 8 years now. Attached are 2 printers an HP Laserjet which works fine and a Canon Pixma MP500 which I am having a problem with.

After the Windows 10 Security Updates a couple of weeks ago a little shield appeared at the bottom of the screen and it had a little yellow triangle with an exclamation mark on it. So I opened it up and Under Device Performance and Health it said something like XPS Miniview driver not available. I clicked troubleshoot and it went off and seemed unable to fix the problem. Due to a busy schedule I have been unable to try and work this out any further until yesterday when I tried to print send something to the Canon printer only to find it was no longer in the dropdown box of printers available.

I opened up Control Panel and found it and XPS Miniviewer in Unspecified at the bottom of the screen. I clicked on the MP500 and clicked troubleshoot and I now have an Inkjet Multifunction Printer showing in Printers, it does not however show up in the drop down box when you try and select from Word or Excel.

There are five devices showing in Printers the HP Laserjet, Fax, the Inkjet Multifunction Printer, Microsoft print to pdf and Microsoft XPS Document Writer.

The XPS Miniview is still in unspecified and I am not sure where to look to find its drivers.

I tried putting the MP500 installation disc in and re installing but I get a message saying that this is for 32 bit not 64 bit.

I have visited the Canon site and it says there are no drivers available (see attachment).

I find it hard to believe that a printer that was working okay before the security updates.

If someone could give me some idiot proof instructions on where to go what to download and what to do after wards I would be very grateful.

:)

timattgs, Aug 19, 2017

2. Lost printers after automatic Win 10 upgrade

OK - there is actually 2 problems.

Regarding the error message: it has nothing to do with the missing printers. I have removed the software which caused the problem (I stopped using it a while ago anyway), so for me that problem is "solved" - might be other users will have a problem though...

Printer Problems After Windows 10 Updates a Couple Of Weeks Ago [​IMG]

Regarding the missing printers - the problem still exists. Its not just ONE printer missing - it´s something like 5-10 printers..

I've been on Win10 for a couple of years now and "the missing printers" has been used all the time. However after todays update
    (Windows 10 Version 1703 - KB4022405), a number of printers disappeared from the list of installed printers. Do you really mean that after this update, printer drivers suddenly gets outdated? I don´t believe in
    that theory. Especially since one of the missing printers is excatly the same as my homeprinter (HP LaserJet 500 color 551n), it's just installed on another network and another printer, (brother QL-570) was installed just a couple of weeks ago with the latest
    win10 driver...

ÅkeLarsson-04, Aug 19, 2017
  3. Printer problems, Windows 10 freezes, other problems

Hi not sure what to do. I have window 10 but the problem started when I updated

just few weeks ago with the printer and freezers on me. thinking of going back

to window 8

- - - - -

From another post:

Hi thinking going back to windows 8. I went to windows 10 couple years ago but I up dated just couple weeks ago since then my computer crashes then after 10 mins its ok. thinking taking it right back to new. go back windows 8. never really been right !

[Moved from Internet Explorer]

witchespot687, Aug 19, 2017
  4. fireberd Win User

According to what I read the printer is not (officially) supported in Win 10. You can try installing it in a compatibility mode for Win 7 or Win 8.1 and see if it works. From comments on some posts, later Win 10 updates do not support some older hardware/drivers and it looks like this printer is one of those.

fireberd, Aug 19, 2017
Thema:

1. Printer Problems After Windows 10 Updates a Couple Of Weeks Ago - Similar Threads - Printer Problems Updates

2. abnormal behaviour after an update a week ago

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    abnormal behaviour after an update a week ago: i tried system restore, factory reset but none of the usb ports are responding ,camera failed to start , bluetooth also not working and many more abnormalities are disturbing me ,somebody please help me out.i had hp notebook laptop ....
  3. abnormal behaviour after an update a week ago

in Windows 10 Gaming
    abnormal behaviour after an update a week ago: i tried system restore, factory reset but none of the usb ports are responding ,camera failed to start , bluetooth also not working and many more abnormalities are disturbing me ,somebody please help me out.i had hp notebook laptop ....
  4. abnormal behaviour after an update a week ago

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. A couple weeks ago got a windows update and this happend today, my mouse scrolls on things...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A couple weeks ago got a windows update and this happend today, my mouse scrolls on things...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Puzzleheaded-Mix-392 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kfa62e/a_couple_weeks_ago_got_a_windows_update_and_this/
  6. Built a new PC a couple weeks ago- random crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Built a new PC a couple weeks ago- random crashes: Hello I built a new PC and am experiencing random crashes sometimes days apart. I only saw a blue screen once but the system does restart. AMD Ryzen 3700x Gigabyte X570 Elite pro wifi motherboard Zotac geforce 1080 extreme 32GB Ram 3600w/ XMP enabled 2400 without...
  7. Having problems with windows, it started about a week or two ago, after an update I think,...

Having problems with windows, it started about a week or two ago, after an update I think,...: Alright I don't know what happened but for several weeks prior to the main day of black screen of almost impending death, I will get to that in a bit, every night around 3 in the morning, I would loose my internet connection. It wouldn't be permanent maybe like 10 minutes...
  8. Crackdown 3 Campaign crashes on my PC after Update / ran fine a couple of weeks ago

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crackdown 3 Campaign crashes on my PC after Update / ran fine a couple of weeks ago: Hello, out of the sudden Crackdown 3 Campaign crashes on my PC. Couple of weeks ago all was fine. There were some Windows 10 updates and new driver installation meanwhile. I since have deinstalled and installed the game several times without solving the issue. I also...
  9. Windows did an upgrade a couple of weeks ago

Windows did an upgrade a couple of weeks ago: Windows did an upgrade a couple of weeks ago and I can't open my pay advice which uses VMR, how do I do to get this back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-did-an-upgrade-a-couple-of-weeks-ago/7a62f32f-e4a5-46c7-8633-e5de9b7f672b
  10. After Windows 10 update a couple weeks ago, certain programs will not open (Hotspot Shield,...

After Windows 10 update a couple weeks ago, certain programs will not open (Hotspot Shield,...: I think this was on August 4th because I remember updating on a Saturday. When I try to open Hotspot Shield (or when it opens on login) the outline of the program window appears, but the program fails to do so. The inside is usually whatever was on top of it - so if I open...