Windows 10: Printer Problems and File Share Problems

Discus and support Printer Problems and File Share Problems in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After upgrading to Windows 10 I had printer problems with my wireless HP printer. I could print from the laptop but not the desktop. The desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RJGallagher, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Printer Problems and File Share Problems

After upgrading to Windows 10 I had printer problems with my wireless HP printer. I could print from the laptop but not the desktop. The desktop installation had deleted the IP address to the printer. I had to re-install it from disk and do some tinkering. Now both printers work, but not as well as before.

Also, I can no longer access files across the homegroup. It won't let me find the Public Pictures between computers. I'm at a loss.

:)

RJGallagher, Aug 4, 2015

2. start menu stopped working

Cannot get start menu to pop up. Worked till yesterday, now won't. Turned off computer and back on - still won't work

problems-problems, Aug 4, 2015
  3. DanielS2 Win User
    Win 10 File and Print Sharing

On Network and Sharing Centre, Advanced sharing settings, Private, File and printer sharing.

I clicked Turn on file and printer sharing, then clicked Save changes.

When I open the advanced sharing settings, the file & print sharing is off.

So problem is cannot stay ON when saved.

What's the other way to fix that problem to stay ON?

It just happened a week. Before that was working.

DanielS2, Aug 4, 2015
  4. bro67 Win User

Printer Problems and File Share Problems

Did you delete the software and printer on both machines and go back through the install and setup process? As for Public folders, even though they are shared, you still have to log into the computer if file sharing is set for password needed.

bro67, Aug 4, 2015
Thema:

Printer Problems and File Share Problems

1. Printer Problems and File Share Problems - Similar Threads - Printer Problems File

2. Shared printer problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shared printer problem: I have 2 computers connected via ethernet cable to the same router. There is a printer connected via USB to one computer. I cannot get the second computer to access the printer.I have turned on sharing, and ensured that the printer is set to be shared.I have tried to connect...
  3. Shared printer problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shared printer problem: I have 2 computers connected via ethernet cable to the same router. There is a printer connected via USB to one computer. I cannot get the second computer to access the printer.I have turned on sharing, and ensured that the printer is set to be shared.I have tried to connect...
  4. Shared printer problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. File Sharing problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Sharing problems: I am connecting my Mac and PC to share files between the two. I have everything set up. I can see the server I can connect to it. But i cannot sign into it. it is asking for a password to a user that while it matches me does not match my username or password of the computer i...
  6. Shared printer problem but not shared folder issue

Shared printer problem but not shared folder issue: Hi, I have a Win7pro PC that shares HP Officejet 800 on a local network. It's a small office of 6 Windows10 machines. The Win7pro machine has also a shared folder in case anyone would like to drop off the file to it and print it off the machine. All of it works well with...
  7. Sharing Printer problem

Sharing Printer problem: I'd like to share my win10 printer in Xp. I know this isn't an xp forum but hoping someone can help me anyway as w10 related. XP "sees" the printer okay but then shows a 'Connect To' dialog wanting a User/Password. The win10 machine has been setup to not ask for this...
  8. File sharing problem

File sharing problem: I have two PCs on a router at home. They the only thing connected to the router. I try to share files between the two. Let's call them A and B. Both have been updated to the latest Win Pro 10. From A, I can see the files shared by B, however, on B I can not see the files...
  9. File sharing problem

File sharing problem: I use Windows 10, version 1709 and have seen a file sharing problem for the last few weeks. The shared files are displayed but sometimes some files like MS Office and pdf format are slow to open....
  10. I AM FACING PROBLEM IN FILE AND PRINTER SHARING

I AM FACING PROBLEM IN FILE AND PRINTER SHARING: Dear sir, Before friday windows update, other network pc were able to access my pc. But after update other pc are unable to access my pc whereas I am able to access all other pc. kindly help. See error images for reference....