Windows 10: Printer Sharing issue after KB3193494

Discus and support Printer Sharing issue after KB3193494 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After the latest Microsoft Update installed on 20SEP2016, KB3193494, my new laptop has network sharing issues. Firstly, the problem ONLY occurs on a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MercTech, Sep 23, 2016.

1. MercTech Win User

Printer Sharing issue after KB3193494

After the latest Microsoft Update installed on 20SEP2016, KB3193494, my new laptop has network sharing issues.

Firstly, the problem ONLY occurs on a very new laptop where I allowed KB319494 to install. The older Win7 box and the Win10 desktop (KB3193494 not installed) still work fine.

1> After the update installed; nothing but the laptop would show under "network" in Windows Explorer.
    ... Discovered ALL network types were set to "public". Tweaked settings to "private" to the two networks I have extant. Reset sharing and network discovery to "on". All other computers on the system (4) now show up.

2. After spending a lot of troubleshooting time looking at network settings and having to re-install a HP printer driver again I was able to get the laptop to work on the network IN WIRED ETHERNET ONLY.
    ... The weirdness is that when I shift to 802.11n; the printer disappears from the device list again. If I plug the ethernet cable back in; it comes right back up.

2. This issue has me scratching my head as I'm sitting here troubleshooting with two laptops and a desktop computer side by side. The desktop and the old Win7 laptop print fine on wireless. The brand new Asus ROG will not longer communicate with the printer on WiFi.

Anyone have some constructive ideas on this issue?

:)

MercTech, Sep 23, 2016
  2. ALBOET Win User

Windows 10 falls to access network drives

After installing KB3193494 on 9/21/16 windows 10 fails to connect to network drives. The following message is received when I attempt to connect to NAS or to the memory cards on my attached printers.

"an error occurred while reconnecting M: to \\Diskstation\Music...... a specified logon session does not exist.

Got any ideas?

ALBOET, Sep 23, 2016
  3. Windows 10 anniversary update

We encountered a network transmission issue that affected update 3189866, published on September 13, 2016. The quickest way to address this issue was to reissue the update to all Content Delivery Networks. This new update package, KB3193494, includes
    the same set of fixes as KB3189866. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Microsoft Update Catalog

Gerry C J Cornell, Sep 23, 2016
  4. Kbird Win User

Kbird, Sep 23, 2016
  5. MercTech Win User
    Shouldn't be windows firewall as I'm using AVG's firewall on all three computers.

MercTech, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Printer Sharing issue after KB3193494 - Similar Threads - Printer Sharing issue

2. Shared printer issue on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shared printer issue on windows 10: Hi everyone,We are currently facing printer issues.Specifically kb 5005565 causing shared printer issue. Printer is work fine on directly connected pc but couldn't work on shared pc.Thank you....
  3. Shared printer issue on windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shared printer issue on windows 10: Hi everyone,We are currently facing printer issues.Specifically kb 5005565 causing shared printer issue. Printer is work fine on directly connected pc but couldn't work on shared pc.Thank you....
  4. Shared printer issue on windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. KB5005565 - Issue accessing Shared Printer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB5005565 - Issue accessing Shared Printer: One of the systemsWindows 10 Pro - 21H1 in domain had a shared printer Epson LX-350 which was inaccessible over the network, print works locally without an Issue.Print was fired from the network system but ends without an error, one of the error logs in administrative Events...
  6. USB Shared printer Spooler issue

USB Shared printer Spooler issue: We have USB Dot Matrix printer which is shared between two PC's. But when we restart the main system, the other system wont respond to its printing process. it shows device error unless we restart the Print Spooler of the main system. please help us to sort out this issue....
  7. Shared Printer installation issue - 0x000003e3 error?

in Windows 10 Support
    Shared Printer installation issue - 0x000003e3 error?: Hi all, I have a friend with a small business at their home that does boat repairs. I'm trying to get a receipt printer set up on one Win10 desktop PC that is shared from another Win10 computer in his shop...it used to work fine, but when I try to connect to the share, I get...
  8. Shared printer problem but not shared folder issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shared printer problem but not shared folder issue: Hi, I have a Win7pro PC that shares HP Officejet 800 on a local network. It's a small office of 6 Windows10 machines. The Win7pro machine has also a shared folder in case anyone would like to drop off the file to it and print it off the machine. All of it works well with...
  9. Printer Sharing Issue

Printer Sharing Issue: A printer is connected to Computer 1 via USB cable. I have enabled printer sharing on that computer. That computer is connected to a wifi router via Ethernet. I want Computer 2 to use the printer. I have enabled printer sharing on both computers. In the Network and Sharing...
  10. HP Printer send to shared folder issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HP Printer send to shared folder issue: Dear Experts I have got HP LaserJet M5035 MFP Series printer that initially was able to scan documents to shared folder on 2xDesktops (PC1 and PC2) windows 8 I upgraded PC1 (but not yet PC2) only from windows 8 to windows 10 pro 64 bit and I tried to copy the same setting...