Windows 10: printer spool will not reset and start

Discus and support printer spool will not reset and start in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am running windows 10 with a hp envy 7640 printer. the problem is the printer spool will not reset and start. Have tried many options to reset... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by dcord9567, Jul 8, 2018.

1. dcord9567 Win User

printer spool will not reset and start

I am running windows 10 with a hp envy 7640 printer. the problem is the printer spool will not reset and start. Have tried many options to reset

:)

dcord9567, Jul 8, 2018

2. Printer unable to queue spool

I'm trying myself crazier. I've uninstalled all printers, plugged in my hp 8000 809a let it install it, rebooted but windows can not queue the spool. The HP drivers can easily talk to the printer and print out test pages, I can configure wireless and print from my android phone, I can print wirelessly from my win8.1 laptop but this win10 desktop refuses to spool a print.

Is it really stuck and need to stop the service and reset it even if I have already done 3 or 5 reboots? I am starting to think this is more a registry issue since there are not files in the spool folder....

ZippyDSMlee, Jul 8, 2018
  3. pappo46 Win User
    Print Spooler Service Stopping

I followed the steps you listed. When I opened C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS, it was empty.

pappo46, Jul 8, 2018
  4. printer spool will not reset and start

Print Spooling Issue

Hi Beth,

An incompatible printer is one of the possible causes why it does not print with your Windows 10 device. We'll not include the steps you have done which are: Starting and stopping the spooling. Deleted items from print folder. Ran 3 different virus scans.
    Reinstalled 4 times. Have updated drivers. I even set up printer as non wireless (with cable).

To troubleshoot your concern, kindly follow these steps:

• Use the Microsoft easy fix tool. Select Troubleshoot problems with devices and printers
      You may refer to this
      link
      . Simply run the file and follow the instructions in the Troubleshooting wizard.
    • Download the latest driver directly from the OEM/manufacturer’s site.
    • Clear print queue. Run an elevated command prompt and type the following commands in succeeding order:

net stop spooler (press Enter)

del %systemroot%\System32\spool\printers\* /Q (press Enter)

net start spooler (press Enter)
    • Roll back to a previous driver. Go to Device Manager> Print queues> Select your printer> Right click> Properties> Driver> Roll back.
    • Edit registry. Note: You need to a backup file first before proceeding to the steps.
      Navigate to the ff. registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Environments\Windows x64\Print Processors
    • Delete all the driver keys for existing printers, scanners, etc except for winprint.
    • Restart your system. Proceed with the usual re-installation of latest printer drivers and see if it makes any difference.

If the issue still persists, please contact the printer manufacturer for better assistance.

Should you need further help, please let us know.

Raymond Ave, Jul 8, 2018
Thema:

printer spool will not reset and start

1. printer spool will not reset and start - Similar Threads - printer spool reset

2. Printer Won't Spool/Print

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer Won't Spool/Print: My Brother MFC-290C printer, which had been working, stopped, Windows won't open add printer, nor can I restart the printer spool, PLEASE help me reload and restart my printer on my Windows 10 HP laptop....
  3. Printer Won't Spool/Print

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer Won't Spool/Print: My Brother MFC-290C printer, which had been working, stopped, Windows won't open add printer, nor can I restart the printer spool, PLEASE help me reload and restart my printer on my Windows 10 HP laptop....
  4. Printer Won't Spool/Print

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Printer spooling problems after updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Printer spooling problems after updates: The June updates have been giving me printing problems. I've tried to fix it, but to no avail. I have Windows 10 1909. June 19, I ended up installing Cumulative Update KB4560960. The following day, I couldn't print anything. Print documents would partially load in the...
  6. Printer spooling problems after updates

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Printer spooling problems after updates: The June updates have been giving me printing problems. I've tried to fix it, but to no avail. I have Windows 10 1909. June 19, I ended up installing Cumulative Update KB4560960. The following day, I couldn't print anything. Print documents would partially load in the...
  7. printer spooling and crashes publisher

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    printer spooling and crashes publisher: hi everyone any ideas appreciated On wednesday 17th my xps15 suddenly stopped printing only certain publisher files to my canon ix6850 printer, says spooling and crashes publisher after about 3 hours I noticed the update and rolled it back and then printers all worked...
  8. Printer Spooling

Printer Spooling: Printer spooling way too long on my Epson ET 2750. Takes 20 minutes to print 3 or 4 pages. This only started about 3 weeks ago. Epson support said it was a Microsoft 10 issue. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Epson software and the problem still exists....
  9. spooling to wifi printer

spooling to wifi printer: I have windows10 and there is a delay when I attempt to print from WORD or ADOBE. The print queue shows "Printing" but then shows error printer can't be found. I' m connected. After turning the printer off then back on the doc prints. Where's the lost interrupt I need to...
  10. Printer unable to queue spool

Printer unable to queue spool: I'm trying myself crazier. I've uninstalled all printers, plugged in my hp 8000 809a let it install it, rebooted but windows can not queue the spool. The HP drivers can easily talk to the printer and print out test pages, I can configure wireless and print from my android...