Windows 10: Printer tries to fax instead of print.

Discus and support Printer tries to fax instead of print. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have an Epson WF-7720 multipurpose printer and every time I try to print it brings up a popup trying to fax. I am asking for help here... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RDeane1, Aug 16, 2018.

1. RDeane1 Win User

Printer tries to fax instead of print.

Hello,

I have an Epson WF-7720 multipurpose printer and every time I try to print it brings up a popup trying to fax. I am asking for help here because the Epson support is being woefully unhelpful.

Here are some details:

The Epson printer on my Printers & Scanners list says the "driver is unavailable", this is despite my uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers 6 times (both with and without a firewall).

The printer (not the fax) is set as my default printer. Trying to print with the "fax" printer selected has the same result.

The printer is connected over a wifi connection.

Here is (what I think is) the model number: EPSONEB865B (WF - 7720 Series)

It works fine on my bosses computer, and on another laptop, so I assume the problem is with my PC.

Lastly, I don't know if it helps but here is a screenshot of the popup.

:)

RDeane1, Aug 16, 2018
  2. Jan123 Win User

Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

• Remove the printer device.
    • Add a Printer
    • The printer that I want isn’t listed
    • Select a shared printer by name
    • Browse
    • Select the displayed Machine 1.
    • Select the displayed Printer.
    • Next
    • Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    • Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    • Next
    • Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    • Detecting TCP/IP Port
    • Additional Port information required.
    • Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    • Next
    • Detecting the Driver Model
    • Install The Print Driver
    • Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    • Next
    • Replace the Current Driver
    • Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    • Next
    • Do not share this printer
    • Next
    • You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    • Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, Aug 16, 2018
  3. Error - Printing on Network printer

We have 4 printers on our Windows print server. The server was migrated from win2k3 to 2k8 on friday. 3/4 printers are working great, the other is having issues. When trying to print a test page to it, it gets a job status of Error - Printing.

When sending a small word document to it, it sends it to the printer, the queue is empty but nothing prints. If I goto the printer itself, it doesnt show any errors and I can print things such as information sheets and diagnostic files just fine.

All four printers are the same model, all 4 have a static IP. I can ping the printer successfully. I've tried printing from both an XP machine and the print server itself. I tried removing and adding the printer on the print server. And lastly, uunplugged the printer for 30 seconds, plugged it back in.

Any ideas?

Hybrid_theory, Aug 16, 2018
  4. Printer tries to fax instead of print.

Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Hi William,

We suggest that you disable and re-enable the Print to PDF feature. Here are the steps:

• Click on the Start menu and type in Windows Features.
    • Choose Turn Windows features on or off.
    • On the next window, find Microsoft Print to PDF and disable it. Click
      OK to save changes.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Repeat the same steps to re-enable Microsoft Print to PDF.
    If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps suggested on the link below under
    Advanced:

Fix printer problems

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Aug 16, 2018
Thema:

Printer tries to fax instead of print.

1. Printer tries to fax instead of print. - Similar Threads - Printer tries fax

2. Windows Fax and Scan tries to print when I try to send a fax with a USB modem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Fax and Scan tries to print when I try to send a fax with a USB modem: I bought a USB modem and connected it to my Windows 11 PC. It shows up in the device manager, but when I type in the phone number and all the info and click send, it brings me to the print menu to select a printer. I'm not trying to print though....
  3. Windows Fax and Scan tries to print when I try to send a fax with a USB modem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Fax and Scan tries to print when I try to send a fax with a USB modem: I bought a USB modem and connected it to my Windows 11 PC. It shows up in the device manager, but when I type in the phone number and all the info and click send, it brings me to the print menu to select a printer. I'm not trying to print though....
  4. Windows Fax and Scan, Cannot print faxes to printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Fax and Scan, Cannot print faxes to printer: I have been facing this problem for about a week now. Faxes are working just fine. I can send and receive faxes without problem. I can save those faxes and then print them if needed. But the problem is that I cannot print them directly from the application as I were able to...
  5. Windows Fax and Scan, Cannot print faxes to printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Fax and Scan, Cannot print faxes to printer: I have been facing this problem for about a week now. Faxes are working just fine. I can send and receive faxes without problem. I can save those faxes and then print them if needed. But the problem is that I cannot print them directly from the application as I were able to...
  6. Prints to File instead of to printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Prints to File instead of to printer: after Win 10 update....print jobs go to file intsteadof to printer....how do I correct this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/prints-to-file-instead-of-to-printer/53af65c8-2d21-4f75-89e3-018f0edb7ada
  7. printer scanner fax

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    printer scanner fax: I'm new here, bare with me, if possible. I have a HP Officejet Pro 8500A. It's obviously not bran new, but I believe in good shape. I've hooked it up, and am getting blank pages coming out of it, when attempting to print. All help is appreciated....
  8. Printer drivers default to printing to FAX only

Printer drivers default to printing to FAX only: I have a Canon multi-function printer used to work normally but for the last few months it seeds prints to Fax though I am sending prints to PRINT. It will print normally if I reinstall the drivers (TR7550) and leave the computer on but if I switch the computer off, when I...
  9. My printer faxes instead of PRINT.

My printer faxes instead of PRINT.: I have a MB 5120 wireless printer. Everytime I go print, it faxes. I choose the printer option and not the fax option but it still faxes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-printer-faxes-instead-of-print/6c3388d6-657e-4fcc-a03f-825e638410dd
  10. trying to fax

trying to fax: trying to fax https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-fax/e5566308-c9a5-4bfe-9497-41246bdf2c17

Users found this page by searching for:

1. canon tr8520 tries to fax instead of print