Windows 10: Printer trouble

Discus and support Printer trouble in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have installed my new Coler LaserJet Pro MFP M277dw. It prints a test page and it is able to print from Notepad. It is however not able to print from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LarsenDK, Feb 13, 2016.

1. LarsenDK Win User

Printer trouble

I have installed my new Coler LaserJet Pro MFP M277dw. It prints a test page and it is able to print from Notepad. It is however not able to print from any office or adobe software and all the software is original. The strange thing is that if I log on as administrator it is printing fine??? What do I do???

:)

LarsenDK, Feb 13, 2016

2. How to fix white lines when printing

What trouble shooter? For the laptop or printer. If the printer do I do that on my printer itself or on the laptop for the printer?

sheriselitz, Feb 13, 2016
  3. printer trouble

I AM A REAL DUMMY ON COMPUTERS. MY PRINTER IS A PAIN FIRST IT KEPT SAYING OFFLINE . I REMOVED IT AND PUT IT BACK IN. NOW IT SAYS ERROR. SCAN DOCTOR FINDS NOTHING I MIGHT HAVE MESSED SOMETHING UP, HAD NO TROUBLE TILL I MOVED DESKTOP TO ANOTHER ROOM. BUT
    NOW I HAVE MOVED PRINTER WITH IT .NO LUCK. IT IS WIRELESS , IT IS A HP ENVY 5530. I DONT SEEM TO UNDERSTAND WHAT DO WHEN I WATCH VIDEOS ON FIXES . I TRIED SOME THINGS ITS ON AND WILL PRINT TEST PAGE LAST I KNEW. LINDA

lindastorey74, Feb 13, 2016
  4. OldMike65 Win User

Printer trouble

You should ALWAYS be logged in as administrator on your Windows 10. If you don't you will be VERY limited to what you can do on your Windows 10.

OldMike65, Feb 13, 2016
  5. LarsenDK Win User
    I am per default logged in with my own profile and administrator rights. It will however not print using this profile. If I log in as administrator after creating the profile with: "net user administrator /active:yes" In the cmd prompt I can print. In my regular profile I can print as described above with notepad and a test page, but NOT from any other program???

LarsenDK, Feb 13, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    Suggestion only:

Logon to your own user account with admin rights > go to Programs and Features > right click at the printer > click Uninstall.
    When done, reinstall the same printer.

See if it will print this time.

davidhk, Feb 13, 2016
  7. LarsenDK Win User
    Dear David,

Already tried that, but it does not work and again the funny thing is that it is printing from Notepad and test pages. Another thing is that the HP software acknowledges the scanner function. Non of the other programs does???

LarsenDK, Feb 13, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

Printer trouble

I am speculating that there is the "permission" issue.
    I am not well versed in this field. So, I shall bow out.

Good luck.

davidhk, Feb 13, 2016
  9. LarsenDK Win User
    Øh... thanks I guess???

LarsenDK, Feb 13, 2016
  10. OldMike65 Win User
    Question then if you go into Control panel > User Accounts > change your account type (don't change anything, just looking)
    Does it report that you are the Administrator for your windows??

OldMike65, Feb 13, 2016
  11. OldMike65 Win User
    Printer trouble [​IMG]

Should look like this.......make sure standard user is NOT check marked.

OldMike65, Feb 13, 2016
  12. LarsenDK Win User
    Øh... I am a little lost... where do I find this menu??

LarsenDK, Feb 13, 2016
  13. OldMike65 Win User

Printer trouble

did you read msg #8 ??? I thought I explained it pretty well.....???

OldMike65, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Printer trouble

1. Printer trouble - Similar Threads - Printer trouble

2. I have windows 11, I am having trouble with my printer. I tried removing it so I could...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have windows 11, I am having trouble with my printer. I tried removing it so I could...: I have windows 11, I am having trouble with my printer. I tried removing it so I could reinstall it. It is stuck in removing device. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-windows-11-i-am-having-trouble-with-my/d7f0f076-e758-4f56-9a9b-57429c20b9c5
  3. I have windows 11, I am having trouble with my printer. I tried removing it so I could...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have windows 11, I am having trouble with my printer. I tried removing it so I could...: I have windows 11, I am having trouble with my printer. I tried removing it so I could reinstall it. It is stuck in removing device. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-windows-11-i-am-having-trouble-with-my/d7f0f076-e758-4f56-9a9b-57429c20b9c5
  4. Trouble adding older printer to WIN 11 Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble adding older printer to WIN 11 Laptop: Unable to open the .exe driver for a CANON PIXMA MP 280? Truly need to understand where the setting is to allow this. Could step by step instructions be offered as the new laptop can see the printer but only as a scanner....
  5. Trouble adding older printer to WIN 11 Laptop

Trouble adding older printer to WIN 11 Laptop: Unable to open the .exe driver for a CANON PIXMA MP 280? Truly need to understand where the setting is to allow this. Could step by step instructions be offered as the new laptop can see the printer but only as a scanner....
  6. Trouble with Canon G3260 printer

Trouble with Canon G3260 printer: I have a new Canon G3260 color printer. Used CD that came with printer to set up to access wirelessly to my computer . Set it as the default printer control panel shows as Canon 3060 series but have not been able to print a single page only Windows set-up page. Running...
  7. Trouble with Canon G3260 printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble with Canon G3260 printer: I have a new Canon G3260 color printer. Used CD that came with printer to set up to access wirelessly to my computer . Set it as the default printer control panel shows as Canon 3060 series but have not been able to print a single page only Windows set-up page. Running...
  8. I'm having trouble with my Windows 10 printer setup.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm having trouble with my Windows 10 printer setup.: Every time I try to print a document, the print queue gets stuck, and the printer shows an error. I've checked for paper jams, updated printer drivers, and restarted both the printer and the PC, but the issue remains. Has anyone experienced printer queue problems on Windows...
  9. I'm having trouble with my Windows 10 printer setup.

I'm having trouble with my Windows 10 printer setup.: Every time I try to print a document, the print queue gets stuck, and the printer shows an error. I've checked for paper jams, updated printer drivers, and restarted both the printer and the PC, but the issue remains. Has anyone experienced printer queue problems on Windows...
  10. I'm having trouble with my Windows 10 printer setup.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware