Windows 10: Printer unable to queue spool

Discus and support Printer unable to queue spool in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm trying myself crazier. I've uninstalled all printers, plugged in my hp 8000 809a let it install it, rebooted but windows can not queue the spool.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ZippyDSMlee, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Printer unable to queue spool

I'm trying myself crazier. I've uninstalled all printers, plugged in my hp 8000 809a let it install it, rebooted but windows can not queue the spool. The HP drivers can easily talk to the printer and print out test pages, I can configure wireless and print from my android phone, I can print wirelessly from my win8.1 laptop but this win10 desktop refuses to spool a print.

Is it really stuck and need to stop the service and reset it even if I have already done 3 or 5 reboots? I am starting to think this is more a registry issue since there are not files in the spool folder....

:)

ZippyDSMlee, Feb 16, 2017

2. Windows 10 printer queue dissappears

The print spooler's queue location is Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS according to

this

RobertJWin, Feb 16, 2017
  3. Problem uninstalling print driver (Windows 10)

Further actions:

I ran the following script to make sure that everything was deleted from print queues

net stop spooler

del %systemroot%\system32\spool\printers\*.shd

del %systemroot%\system32\spool\printers\*.spl

net start spooler

I then ran this script to show hidden devices:

set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1

cd %SystemRoot%\System32

start devmgmt.msc

My printer then showed up and I deleted it, but I am still unable to delete or configure USB001 (Virtual printer port for USB).

So, no resolution as yet.

Gary

GaryLynnMass, Feb 16, 2017
  4. Printer unable to queue spool

Hi ZippyDSMlee

Most HP printers for installation, you first install the software and when it tells you to connect printer you do. Seems crazy but that is recommended method. Check your quick start guide. You didn't mention re-installing software, maybe that is required.

Next check your Print Spooler Service in Services. Is it set to start Automatic.

One last thing, shut Windows all the way down by holding shift key down and clicking on Shutdown (not restart). This starts a fresh copy of Windows.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Feb 16, 2017
Thema:

Printer unable to queue spool

1. Printer unable to queue spool - Similar Threads - Printer unable queue

2. Printer Won't Spool/Print

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer Won't Spool/Print: My Brother MFC-290C printer, which had been working, stopped, Windows won't open add printer, nor can I restart the printer spool, PLEASE help me reload and restart my printer on my Windows 10 HP laptop....
  3. Printer queue

Printer queue: In bottom right corner I used to have a printer icon. It's not there now. How do I get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-queue/12b28b2b-9f70-4e6c-9d27-410c09ae6d22
  4. Printer queue

Printer queue: Hello, I am having a strange problem with my print queue. Normal printing works fine. But for some reason my print queue apparently does not delete the documents from the queue after they are printed or they are stored somewhere else?. Whenever I restart my computer or...
  5. Printer queue

Printer queue: Printer queue will not cancel print job. I have already shut off and unplugged the printer. What do I need to do know? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-queue/0068987e-5a23-4bf8-8228-f823c614f771
  6. Printer Spooling

Printer Spooling: Printer spooling way too long on my Epson ET 2750. Takes 20 minutes to print 3 or 4 pages. This only started about 3 weeks ago. Epson support said it was a Microsoft 10 issue. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Epson software and the problem still exists....
  7. Printer queue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Printer queue: I have had a text file being deleted for two days. This is despite cold reboots. Every time I go to print anything, this same doc shows it is still deleting. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-queue/5a35f085-db4e-48bc-abf4-c0f35f6451a8
  8. Printer Queue

Printer Queue: Why doesn't my printer queue clear after printing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-queue/19e18439-4811-49de-9992-4c4ef9ff9d26
  9. spooling to wifi printer

spooling to wifi printer: I have windows10 and there is a delay when I attempt to print from WORD or ADOBE. The print queue shows "Printing" but then shows error printer can't be found. I' m connected. After turning the printer off then back on the doc prints. Where's the lost interrupt I need to...
  10. "The printer queue is full" but there are no items in the queue

"The printer queue is full" but there are no items in the queue: Hi guys, I've been having trouble getting my computer to print to any printer at all. I am running Windows 10 Home 64 bit on an HP Pavilion p6 series computer. I have removed and reinstalled drivers, bought and tried new printers, restarted the computer, deleted the...