Windows 10: Printer visible on network but can't connect

Discus and support Printer visible on network but can't connect in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, all. Any help much appreciated: just switched to Win 10. My HP wifi-connected printer shows up as a device on my network, but the printer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RokeW, Jun 27, 2016.

1. RokeW Win User

Printer visible on network but can't connect

Hello, all.
    Any help much appreciated: just switched to Win 10. My HP wifi-connected printer shows up as a device on my network, but the printer connect wizard can't find it. Have reconnected printer a few times, restarted, etc. Still can't connect. Need to fix this one soon!

:)

RokeW, Jun 27, 2016
  2. Donna Men Win User

Network Printer not visible

Since you mentioned that your device is connected to an organization, changing the default printer may only be accessed by the administrator. We suggest that you ask your administrator to give permission to your device, so you'll be able to make the changes.

Should there be anything else, feel free to let us know.

Donna Men, Jun 27, 2016
  3. lesulm16 Win User
    Network Printer not visible

After running the troubleshooter it says that it may not be working because it is not the default printer. It attempted to fix the problem but was unable. I am unable to change the default printer manually since it does not show up in my devices and
    printers.

lesulm16, Jun 27, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Did you install the software from the mfg. for the printer?

bro67, Jun 27, 2016
  5. Jayman193 Win User
    I would double check and reinstall the printers drivers.

Jayman193, Jun 28, 2016
  6. OK I too have an HP Printer and the way I found to do it is
    Uninstall and remove all traces of it from your system.
    Then insert the Disc that came with it and let it run
    This will install all the software.
    It will come up about either connect your printer via cable or WI-FI
    Let it do its job
    Once done you should be able to go to Apps and find it there
    Then go to Settings
    Devices
    You should find it entered there
    To test that it works ok
    Go to the 3 dots top right hand corner
    Click on it
    Scroll down to Print
    Once you click that it should open up your printer
    Also once it has installed a test page should show up
    Let us know how you get on

hTconeM9user, Jun 28, 2016
  7. RokeW Win User
    Well I had done all of the suggested steps but in wrong order. I updated router firmware, but still couldn't see printer. When I then reinstalled the new driver I had downloaded, it located the printer and all is now running fine. How complex this can get!

RokeW, Jun 29, 2016
  8. bro67 Win User

The router Firmware has nothing to do with this. The driver could have been the issue, it may have not been the issue.

Some security software can also cause you to not see network devices if the software is not properly setup.

bro67, Jun 29, 2016
  9. RokeW Win User
    Could be, but I installed the driver first and nothing happened. After updating router firmware, reinstalling driver caused the printer to appear.

RokeW, Jun 29, 2016
  10. bro67 Win User
    It is possible the update to the router flushed the IP Tables and any old MAC to IP stuff. At least it is working for now. Make sure that you go into system in the control Panel and turn off allowing Windows to update drivers.

bro67, Jun 30, 2016
  11. RokeW Win User
    Thanks.

RokeW, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Printer visible on network but can't connect - Similar Threads - Printer visible network

2. Can't connect printer to home network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect printer to home network: I can’t connect my HP 2700 printer to my internet.I think I know the reason why. It automatically connects to a network called HP=Setup<5F_DeskJet 2700 series.I can’t ‘ignore’ that network and ive turned ‘automatically connect to this network’ off.Every time I try to connect...
  3. Can't connect printer to home network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't connect printer to home network: I can’t connect my HP 2700 printer to my internet.I think I know the reason why. It automatically connects to a network called HP=Setup<5F_DeskJet 2700 series.I can’t ‘ignore’ that network and ive turned ‘automatically connect to this network’ off.Every time I try to connect...
  4. Can't connect printer to home network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Can't connect to network printer 0x00000709

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to network printer 0x00000709: I went to advanced shared settings and disabled "Password protected sharing" so everyone can access the printer.But when trying to connect it gives the 0x00000709 error. What should I do?The host is windows 11 with all updates, the PC which need to access printers are one w10...
  6. Can't connect to network printer 0x00000709

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't connect to network printer 0x00000709: I went to advanced shared settings and disabled "Password protected sharing" so everyone can access the printer.But when trying to connect it gives the 0x00000709 error. What should I do?The host is windows 11 with all updates, the PC which need to access printers are one w10...
  7. Printer suddenly not visible to others on network.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer suddenly not visible to others on network.: Our office uses a Konica Minolta Bizhub printer they've been no help that is wired directly to our network. My computer is able to print and save documents to the User Boxes within the printer, but nobody else connected to our network can. Sometimes the printer won't even add...
  8. Can't connect to network printer

Can't connect to network printer: Hello Good People. Can anyone help with this problem, please? I'm having no luck at all printing to a HP Photosmart 7760 usb printer (old, like me, but still works well), which is connected to an iMac, through a wired home network. The printer works perfectly from the...
  9. printer visibility on network

printer visibility on network: this is a problem which has just cropped up after years of no problem. hp4630 printer connected to network acer aspire laptop connected to network but when i try to print, the laptop thinks the printer is "offline". even though it's not. please advise. thank you....
  10. Can't connect to known network printer.

Can't connect to known network printer.: I have setup a network and printer sharing on my main lap top (mainlaptop). I have then connected another laptop (helensstudy) that has two users assigned. When the first user signs in they can print via mainlaptop no problem but if they sign out and the 2nd user signs...