Windows 10: printer will not print only gives option to save document as tiff file

Discus and support printer will not print only gives option to save document as tiff file in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; when I try to print any documdent with a print command, I only get anoption to save the document as a tiff file. Saving the documnet and then trying to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by rjett, Nov 14, 2015.

1. rjett Win User

printer will not print only gives option to save document as tiff file

when I try to print any documdent with a print command, I only get anoption to save the document as a tiff file. Saving the documnet and then trying to print it gives the same "save as" option again. Printer is HP photosmart 6100 series.

:)

rjett, Nov 14, 2015

2. printer

my printer won't let me print it only give the option to save when i try to print

Vanessa DWillis, Nov 14, 2015
  3. Julie Ram Win User
    Printing from Wordpad

Hi Darlene,

Please to inform that the print preview option show how the documents will be, once they are printed. You can make the changes and preview the documents and then print them.

Please follow these steps.

• To create a new document, open WordPad and write the text you wish.
    • For formatting, use the appropriate areas from the ribbon, shown in the previous section of this article.
    • When done, to save your document, go to the File menu and choose Save as. There are five options available for saving documents
    • Select the format you prefer, provide the location of the file and type its name. When done, press the Save button.
    • To open a WordPad document, go to the File menu, and press Open.
    • If you want to print a document, open the File menu and go to Print. WordPad has three options for printing documents: Print, Quick print and Print preview.
    • If you select Print preview from the Print menu, you will get to see how the document will look before you print it. When you are done with the preview of the document, click Close print preview.
    • If you select Print, a new window is displayed, where you can choose the desired printer, page range and specify the number of copies you want to print. When done setting things up, press the Print button.
    • The Quick print option automatically prints the document using your default printer.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post back.

Julie Ram, Nov 14, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

Looks like your default printer is not your HP but someone else that produces a TIFF file. If you go File->Print you should be able to select printer before you print. If you just click on the print icon, the default printer is used and you cannot select another. To fix it click on the search icon on the taskbar and type devices, click to open Devices and printers. Then right-click on you HP and make it default. If it still produces a TIFF rather than printing, the port is set to File, rather than USB. Right-click on the printer and select Printer Properties. Click the Port tab and then from the list of ports check the box next to USB. Another way would be to delete the printer from Devices and Printers, disconnect it and then reconnect to be detected again and assigned the appropriate USB port.

spapakons, Nov 14, 2015
Thema:

1. printer will not print only gives option to save document as tiff file - Similar Threads - printer print option

2. Printer is only giving blank pages when printing any documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer is only giving blank pages when printing any documents: Hello.We have canon pixma mg8621 printer. I am using windows 11 I have connected the printer and whenever I try to print anything any document then it acts as it is printing it. However, it gives blank page. I have sufficient ink and cartridge was working.I have removed the...
  3. Printer is only giving blank pages when printing any documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer is only giving blank pages when printing any documents: Hello.We have canon pixma mg8621 printer. I am using windows 11 I have connected the printer and whenever I try to print anything any document then it acts as it is printing it. However, it gives blank page. I have sufficient ink and cartridge was working.I have removed the...
  4. Printer not printing giving option to print in color once updated to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer not printing giving option to print in color once updated to Windows 11: I do not have the option to print in color or print on both sides since I updated to Windows 11. I read a thread which said that it could be a driver issue. How would I know what driver to change it too?...
  5. Printer not printing giving option to print in color once updated to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer not printing giving option to print in color once updated to Windows 11: I do not have the option to print in color or print on both sides since I updated to Windows 11. I read a thread which said that it could be a driver issue. How would I know what driver to change it too?...
  6. Windows Photo Viewer only printing .tiff files on part of page

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Photo Viewer only printing .tiff files on part of page: Suddenly, whenever I try to print a .tiff file from Windows Photo Viewer, it only prints a portion of the page, the rest is blank. Also when I print to PDF it only shows part of the page. I have had no system/software/driver updates that might account for this happening. It...
  7. Can't open or print saved documents or files

Can't open or print saved documents or files: Ever since the recent Windows 10 Update, I can no longer open or print any documents or files at all. If I try to open or print it says I don't have an app to perform this . . ? I am at a loss. I have never not been able to open a document....
  8. Unable to print only Save Print Outprint As option appearing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to print only Save Print Outprint As option appearing: When I print, I get this message, "Save Print Outprint As". Nothing else. Can you help me please. ***Original title: I get this message, "Save Print Outprint As". Nothing else. Can you help me please.***...
  9. PDF document only saves as a HTML file with no option to print

PDF document only saves as a HTML file with no option to print: I received a document clearly marked as a PDF but when I downloaded it it was saved as HTML file and it won't give me an option to print https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pdf-document-only-saves-as-a-html-file-with-no/4a2d40f0-c14c-4d82-b99a-3de82931d3ff"
  10. Printing/not saving PDF documents

Printing/not saving PDF documents: I don't know what changed on my computer, but I can no longer just print PDF documents. It makes me save them first. I can't figure out how to correct this. Help!...