Windows 10: Printer won't print

Discus and support Printer won't print in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an HP Laserjet 5p printer. It worked fine in Windows 7 but since I upgraded to Windows 10 it won't print. Windows recognizes the printer. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MC3, Jan 23, 2016.

1. MC3
    MC3 Win User

Printer won't print

I have an HP Laserjet 5p printer. It worked fine in Windows 7 but since I upgraded to Windows 10 it won't print. Windows recognizes the printer. It installs it (I have removed it and reinstalled numerous times). When I try to print I just get a message that says Can't print because of an error, but it doesn't tell me the specific error. It is connected with a Rosewill PCI card which I have installed the most recent drivers. I have used DriverTuner along with other driver software to try to update drivers. I've checked all the settings. Everything looks right, there must be something I am missing. Does anyone have any suggestions? Any assistance would be appreciated.

:)

2. Wndows 10 printer now conflicts with software

I installed the new windows 10 and now two of the four printers won't work in various different programs. I have a OKI Microline 1120 that won't print in quickbooks or word 2010 but will print a test page from the print troubleshooter. one attempt sent
    it to a different printer (wired). The other printer is a HP Officejet pro L7680 and will sometimes send the print information to the OKI printer. How can these be reset?

KirbyWilson, Jan 23, 2016
  3. TXPilot69 Win User
    Microsoft Word won't print on Windows 10

I have a Dell multi-function network printer (Dell 1235cn), and Adobe Acrobat DC. After my upgrade to Windows 10, I can print a Windows Test Page from the printer settings, but I can't print from Microsoft Word Professional Plus 2010 won't print to PDF,
    or any other printer. However, Chrome will print, as will Edge, and Excel.

Any ideas? Obviously the printer, driver, and TCP/IP port are set properly--if they weren't, NOTHING would print. But why won't Word print a document now, to any printer? I tried running Word with Administrator privileges, and got the same result. Documents
    from Word don't even make it to the print queue, though Word's print dialog shows the printer as "Ready", and print preview works.

I found other posts that mentioned the "Fax" pseudo printer causing this issue, but I've deleted it and have the same issue.

I've cycled the Print Spooler Service, and rebooted the computer... no change. So why won't Word print??

TXPilot69, Jan 23, 2016
Thema:

Printer won't print

1. Printer won't print - Similar Threads - Printer won't print

2. Printer won't print

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer won't print: I may have pc problems and need to know is there a way to check it. My printer quit and I got another and still won't print. devices show the printer is ok. Running win 10 does anyone have a solution I sure don't want to get another pc already may not of needed new printer...
  3. Printer won't print

Printer won't print: my Brother DCP-195C printer won't print the print job shows in Queue: Spoolingْ ⇒ Printing ⇒ Deleting and I can't even print a test page PS: the scanner works fine and I can check the ink level on my PC normally,...
  4. Printer won't print

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Printer won't print: My computer updated Windows 10 on Wed. June 10, 2020. Now my Brother wireless printer will turn on when I send a print job to it, but it will not print. Troubleshooter says there is nothing wrong with printer. I tried to go through Recovery, but it says my last update was...
  5. printer won't print

printer won't print: I had taken my laptop into the shop to be fixed because it was running slowly and my webcam did not work. The tech said the Windows 10 I downloaded from the net was corrupt and he installed a clean version. The computer works fine except now I can't print anything. I have...
  6. printer won't print!!!

printer won't print!!!: printer won't print!!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-wont-print/fefd834b-648f-47ef-9297-ef7fe2ff1246
  7. printer won't print

printer won't print: when Itry to print a tast page, after replaceinf a cartridge my wireless printer just prints "Windows Printer Test Page" & a pic of the printer icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-wont-print/e3e053f4-20fc-4a6f-a3ae-23df87d3f7c1
  8. printer won't print

printer won't print: After my Windows 10 update my HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer won't print. It turns on, sounds like it's printing moves the paper out, but nothing on it. HELP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-wont-print/8f1b7fce-186f-4182-9c24-a0f4f589e97f
  9. PRINTER WON'T PRINT

PRINTER WON'T PRINT: After a windows update, my HP Deskjet 3522 printer is not printing or making copies. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-wont-print/d15c7ca5-b05d-4423-9b07-046097e702ec
  10. Printer won't print.

Printer won't print.: About a month ago I bought a laser printer. It's a Samsung Xpress Multifunction M2070W. Starting today it will not print. I know the reason as a message comes up saying "Out of toner." I believe that there is still toner in it. This printer (and I'm sure most printers) have a...