Windows 10: Printer won't print.

Discus and support Printer won't print. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; About a month ago I bought a laser printer. It's a Samsung Xpress Multifunction M2070W. Starting today it will not print. I know the reason as a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Frank1, Dec 18, 2014.

1. Frank1 Win User

Printer won't print.

About a month ago I bought a laser printer. It's a Samsung Xpress Multifunction M2070W. Starting today it will not print. I know the reason as a message comes up saying "Out of toner." I believe that there is still toner in it. This printer (and I'm sure most printers) have a chip that counts the number of pages and when it gets to that number it assumes it's out of toner. I very seldom print a full page and some pages have only a few lines. I called Tech. Support at Samsung and they said that there is a work-around. I talked to 3 different people but didn't understand them as how to do it. I have somewhat of a hearing problem and cannot understand anyone who has an accent. They were all very nice and tried to help but I thanked them and had to give up. My question is: Would anyone know what the work-around may be? Thank you for your help.

:)

Frank1, Dec 18, 2014

2. Wndows 10 printer now conflicts with software

I installed the new windows 10 and now two of the four printers won't work in various different programs. I have a OKI Microline 1120 that won't print in quickbooks or word 2010 but will print a test page from the print troubleshooter. one attempt sent
    it to a different printer (wired). The other printer is a HP Officejet pro L7680 and will sometimes send the print information to the OKI printer. How can these be reset?

KirbyWilson, Dec 18, 2014
  3. TXPilot69 Win User
    Microsoft Word won't print on Windows 10

I have a Dell multi-function network printer (Dell 1235cn), and Adobe Acrobat DC. After my upgrade to Windows 10, I can print a Windows Test Page from the printer settings, but I can't print from Microsoft Word Professional Plus 2010 won't print to PDF,
    or any other printer. However, Chrome will print, as will Edge, and Excel.

Any ideas? Obviously the printer, driver, and TCP/IP port are set properly--if they weren't, NOTHING would print. But why won't Word print a document now, to any printer? I tried running Word with Administrator privileges, and got the same result. Documents
    from Word don't even make it to the print queue, though Word's print dialog shows the printer as "Ready", and print preview works.

I found other posts that mentioned the "Fax" pseudo printer causing this issue, but I've deleted it and have the same issue.

I've cycled the Print Spooler Service, and rebooted the computer... no change. So why won't Word print??

TXPilot69, Dec 18, 2014
  4. Winuser Win User

Printer won't print.

Winuser, Dec 19, 2014
  5. Frank1 Win User
    Thank you--That worked. It left confused for awhile but now it prints. I followed the instructions. A message was then on the window of printer control panel which said "wait Image". I waited about 15 minutes and nothing happened. I couldn't even shut it down--none of the buttons worked. It was completely frozen. I though that maybe I messed up so I just pulled the power cord to completely shut it down and maybe it will reboot itself. When I turned it back on the message in the little window of the printer still says "replace cartridge" but it prints just fine. So thanks again for your help.
    I forgot to mention that once it decided to print, it printed about 6 files that were in the print queue. As they say, "All's well that ends well."

Frank1, Dec 19, 2014
  6. I've a Canon MG5350 which is recognised & drivers installed but I can't get it to print in the current build (9879) - was OK previously in 9860.

WightWalker, Dec 19, 2014
  7. Winuser Win User
    Your Welcome Frank1, Glad I could help!

I would start a new thread. You will have a better chance of getting help.

Winuser, Dec 19, 2014
  8. topgundcp Win User

Printer won't print.

With a month old printer, there should be plenty of toner powder in it. You might want to take the cartridge out, tap on it couple of times then shake it side to side so the toner powder inside the cartridge will be evenly distributed.

topgundcp, Dec 20, 2014
  9. CountMike New Member
    Modern Laser printers don't have a sensor for powder amount in the cartridge, FW "Guesstimates" that by recording page count and coverage. Many can display that data on their own displays and/or thru driver.

CountMike, Dec 22, 2014
  10. f14tomcat Win User
    I had a similar problem with my wireless keyboard and mouse, they just starting acting goofy! I "uninstalled" them thru device manager, rebooted, and let the box config them and re-install the drivers. Works fine now. Just a thought...

f14tomcat, Dec 28, 2014
  11. I had a similar problem with my wireless keyboard and mouse, they just starting acting goofy! I "uninstalled" them thru device manager, rebooted, and let the box config them and re-install the drivers. Works fine now. Just a thought... Couldn't find the printer listed in Device Manager, but removed it under Printers & re-installed; now working fine again - thanks for advice.

Printer now appears under Device Manager.

WightWalker, Dec 28, 2014
  12. f14tomcat Win User

I had a similar problem with my wireless keyboard and mouse, they just starting acting goofy! I "uninstalled" them thru device manager, rebooted, and let the box config them and re-install the drivers. Works fine now. Just a thought... Couldn't find the printer listed in Device Manager, but removed it under Printers & re-installed; now working fine again - thanks for advice.
    You're welcome! Glad all is ok...

f14tomcat, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Printer won't print.

1. Printer won't print. - Similar Threads - Printer won't print

2. printer won't print

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printer won't print: My printer will not print and I get the message "driver unavailable" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-wont-print/44eb7059-f58c-48b0-a5fc-ac83a52433cb
  3. Printer won't print

Printer won't print: I may have pc problems and need to know is there a way to check it. My printer quit and I got another and still won't print. devices show the printer is ok. Running win 10 does anyone have a solution I sure don't want to get another pc already may not of needed new printer...
  4. Printer won't print

Printer won't print: my Brother DCP-195C printer won't print the print job shows in Queue: Spoolingْ ⇒ Printing ⇒ Deleting and I can't even print a test page PS: the scanner works fine and I can check the ink level on my PC normally,...
  5. Printer won't print

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Printer won't print: My computer updated Windows 10 on Wed. June 10, 2020. Now my Brother wireless printer will turn on when I send a print job to it, but it will not print. Troubleshooter says there is nothing wrong with printer. I tried to go through Recovery, but it says my last update was...
  6. printer won't print

printer won't print: I had taken my laptop into the shop to be fixed because it was running slowly and my webcam did not work. The tech said the Windows 10 I downloaded from the net was corrupt and he installed a clean version. The computer works fine except now I can't print anything. I have...
  7. printer won't print!!!

printer won't print!!!: printer won't print!!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-wont-print/fefd834b-648f-47ef-9297-ef7fe2ff1246
  8. printer won't print

printer won't print: when Itry to print a tast page, after replaceinf a cartridge my wireless printer just prints "Windows Printer Test Page" & a pic of the printer icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-wont-print/e3e053f4-20fc-4a6f-a3ae-23df87d3f7c1
  9. printer won't print

printer won't print: After my Windows 10 update my HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer won't print. It turns on, sounds like it's printing moves the paper out, but nothing on it. HELP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-wont-print/8f1b7fce-186f-4182-9c24-a0f4f589e97f
  10. PRINTER WON'T PRINT

PRINTER WON'T PRINT: After a windows update, my HP Deskjet 3522 printer is not printing or making copies. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-wont-print/d15c7ca5-b05d-4423-9b07-046097e702ec