Windows 10: Printer won't scan....

Discus and support Printer won't scan.... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi I've an HP Envy 4500 series printer about 2/3 years old and never had a big problem, till today when it won't scan. Did a troubleshoot which went... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Arcadian, Jul 29, 2017.

1. Arcadian Win User

Printer won't scan....

Hi I've an HP Envy 4500 series printer about 2/3 years old and never had a big problem, till today when it won't scan. Did a troubleshoot which went through everything displaying the following message which I can't follow.

"Turn on the :%printername% usb composite device is an older USB device and might not work with USB 3.0"

It's always worked fine before so even after switching off and restarting a couple of times it still won't start which is odd as nothing's changed.

Appreciate any help thanks....

:)

Arcadian, Jul 29, 2017

2. printer-HP Photosmart C7280 used to scan with windows 7-now windows 10 wont scan from printer to computer any ideas

As per subject above--My HP Photosmart C7280 printer will not scan from my printer to my computer. It states no scan options. It did scan with windows 7--now windows 10--won't scan. any ideas.

FRANK BENDINELLI, Jul 29, 2017
  3. printers

We have a dell 963W, downloaded Win 10. It will scan, scan and email with out outlook but when we print it stays in Q and won't print, won't delete. printer freezes. We are on SOC and cannot afford a new printer. Many of us wonder just how much MS charged
    other mfg's to make our devices, printers unavailable?

mike abbey, Jul 29, 2017
  4. Printer won't scan....

Hi Arcadian.

I think I would resolve this by heading to HP and getting the latest software / driver. I would uninstall the old, disconnect printer, reboot, install software and when it requests connect printer.

This link was for 64Bit but you can confirm.

https://support.hp.com/ca-en/drivers...series/5304875

Now it could be something failed in unit. Are you able to use "Copy" function?

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jul 29, 2017
  5. Helmut Win User
    There are a number of things you can try.

1) From the HP download page obviously download the Full Feature driver, re-install that.

2) In Utility-Diagnostic Tools, Download and run the "HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows" from the download page. This should integrate with your current HP software, if not just run it separately.

3) Check on your Chipset/USB driver, this you would get from your PC/Laptop manufacturer.

I have had HP printers and scanners for something over 20 years and quite often you have re-install drivers, so keep a hold on them you will need them again for sure....

Helmut, Jul 29, 2017
  6. Arcadian Win User
    Great thank you both will get onto it....*Smile

Arcadian, Jul 29, 2017
  7. Arcadian Win User
    All done many thanks.... !! *Biggrin

Arcadian, Jul 30, 2017
  8. Printer won't scan....

Excellent. Glad the forum could help. Thanks for marking thread solved, others will find.

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Printer won't scan....

1. Printer won't scan.... - Similar Threads - Printer won't scan

2. Printer scan issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer scan issue: Why won't Windows 11 on my new Dell computer recognize the scan function of my HP officejet pro printer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-scan-issue/70c67abd-5717-492d-b120-40563b8022ec
  3. printer isnt' scanning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printer isnt' scanning: I have a very old printer, fax, scanner all in one. The scanner still works and the document went through the machine but nothing showed up on the screen.what should i do?is there a fax and scan program for windows 10? I did it manuarlly but now it won't go down through the...
  4. printer isnt' scanning

printer isnt' scanning: I have a very old printer, fax, scanner all in one. The scanner still works and the document went through the machine but nothing showed up on the screen.what should i do?is there a fax and scan program for windows 10? I did it manuarlly but now it won't go down through the...
  5. Scanning function on printer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Scanning function on printer: My laptop has suddenly stopped recognising my printer for scanning, but does not have a problem printing.Is this something to do with an update, and how do I fix it?...
  6. Scan from printer

Scan from printer: My printer HP Envy 4500 will print emails etc but will not scan from the printer to the computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scan-from-printer/c2399783-bdb7-4c90-8f3f-7344d05b1f93
  7. Printer Will Not Scan or Copy

Printer Will Not Scan or Copy: Ever since installing Windows 10 almost 2 months ago I have been having problems with my printer. My computer is a HP P7-1154 and my printer is a HP Envy 4520 All-in-one. I can no longer scan or copy. When I try to do either one the result is a paper filled with vertical,...
  8. Printer won't scan

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Printer won't scan: Epson 446 printer will copy and print, but not scan; any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-wont-scan/68fc8aa6-4322-4a82-a7a9-d92b556b63be
  9. printer,scan won't work

printer,scan won't work: cannot get printer to work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printerscan-wont-work/b3d986ea-b363-4fc2-9bc1-041d59707fed
  10. scanning from printer

scanning from printer: My printer won't scan and email my documents to my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scanning-from-printer/92213a1a-9ce7-46b2-9499-69b92a4fed49