Windows 10: Printers Compatible With my HP laptop

Discus and support Printers Compatible With my HP laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I couldn't get my printer to scan. I used my older laptop and now my newer. My computer had an error message that couldn't be removed so I took it to 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SANDYSCHAIRER, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Printers Compatible With my HP laptop

I couldn't get my printer to scan. I used my older laptop and now my newer. My computer had an error message that couldn't be removed so I took it to 2 repairmen one most recently. The last one restored Windows 10. I have no idea if it's Windows 10 S.

I ran out of in very quickly and I got some new ink cartridges. They were expensive. The printer just now printed one page and then printed a half page and faded away.

I have always been happy with HP laptops and printers. I paid twice what I usually paid thinking I would get a better computer for my money. It's worse.

The printer is newer than the computer and it won't work.

I would go back to my older printer but it's wasn't scanning anymore. I think because it wouldn't work with my new computer.

I guess I have to throw away the HP printers and get some other brand. I can't stand the frustration.

When this computer wears out, I'm getting another brand.

HP has become inferior since I stated buying them years ago.

:)

SANDYSCHAIRER, Aug 8, 2018

2. Compatibility of printer

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

With the issue description, I understand that after upgrading to Windows 10 operating system your computer is not detecting and installing the HP Printer. I will certainly help you in getting this fixed. I would appreciate if you could help me with more
    information:

• Is this a wired printer or wireless printer?

I would like to tell you that you have to make sure that the printer is enabled in “devices and printer” by following below steps:

• Press “Windows key”, click on “Settings
    • Click on “Devices”, now click on “Printer & Scanners” in the left pane
    • Click on “Devices and Printers
    • Right click on the printer and “Enable” it, Now try to use the printer.

There might be a possibility that while upgrading/installing Windows 10, printer drivers might get corrupt. Hence you are facing issues while printing. I would suggest you to follow the below methods and check if that helps:

Method 1:
    Printer Troubleshooter

The built-in Printer Troubleshooter can automatically detect and fix most of the incorrect settings and errors that could cause issues while printing. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if there is any issue while printing. Refer
    top these steps:

• Open Control Panel
    • Click on Troubleshooting and select the view all option on the left pane.
    • Click on Printer troubleshooter and follow the prompts.

Try method 2, if the issue persist

Method 2:
    Uninstall and Reinstall the Printer's Driver

Step 1: Uninstall the Printer's Drivers

a. Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

b. Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

c. Search for the Printer from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove
    the corrupted drivers from the computer.

d. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Step 2:
    Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Go to the Printer manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the printer model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

Try method 3, if the issue persist

Method 3:
    You may check the compatibility of the printer by following below mentioned link:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/compatibility

If the printer is not compatible with the computer then follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

a. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.

b. Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.

c. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 7 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer
    and check if the issue persists

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Neha.Gupta, Aug 8, 2018
  3. hp 1115 and hp1215 printers compatibility on Windows 10.

Hi,

From the above description, I understand you want to know if HP 1115 and HP 1215 printers will work on Windows 10 computer. Please reply, which is the operating system currently installed on the computer?

I would suggest you to please refer to the manufacturer’s website regarding the availability of compatible printer drivers to the above mentioned devices to run on Windows 10 operating system on the computer.

Refer to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads
    website to check for the compatible device drivers.

If the manufacturer has not released any compatible device drivers, install the printer drivers in
    Compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Compatibility mode runs the program in the current version of Windows using the settings from previous version of Windows. Follow the steps suggested in
    Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows
    article and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the answer to the above question and the status of printers HP 1115 and HP 1215 working on Windows 10
    in the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Aug 8, 2018
  4. KaySand Win User

Printers Compatible With my HP laptop

Windows 10 and HP Envy 5660 Printer

Recently updated to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1. I have HP Envy 5660 All-in-one Printer. I have not been able to connect this printer to my laptop on my home network since the upgrade. I can print on it from my desktop, phone, and ipad.

I have tried the following:

• Downloaded and redownloaded software and driver for printer
    • Checked compatibility with HP site, and says my printer is compatible
    • Downloaded driver for Windows 8.1 and installed it in compatibility mode as suggested
    • Troubleshooting printer many times to no avail
    Printer shows up in my home network in Control Panel, but says "not connected" or sometimes "offline". Have spent hours trying to resolve this issue. Is there a solution? Or do I need to go back to Windows 8, and wait until Windows 10 has the drivers I need.
    Is the problem with Windows 10 or with my HP printer? Very frustrated!!!!

KaySand, Aug 8, 2018
Thema:

Printers Compatible With my HP laptop

1. Printers Compatible With my HP laptop - Similar Threads - Printers Compatible laptop

2. My hp laptop compatible with Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My hp laptop compatible with Windows 11?: Last year I got the windows update notification.It was windows 11. Without a second thought I downloaded it and got windows 11. I used windows 11 for about 1 year. Windows 11 is truly eye-popping i would say.But later on for some reasons my device got really slow, that I...
  3. My hp laptop compatible with Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My hp laptop compatible with Windows 11?: Last year I got the windows update notification.It was windows 11. Without a second thought I downloaded it and got windows 11. I used windows 11 for about 1 year. Windows 11 is truly eye-popping i would say.But later on for some reasons my device got really slow, that I...
  4. My hp laptop compatible with Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. HP Printer 4500 Not Compatible with new HP Laptop w/ Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Printer 4500 Not Compatible with new HP Laptop w/ Windows 10: Has anyone had this problem? My printer will work but my scanner does not. I reinstalled the drivers, but the scanner still does not work. Any ideas? Thank you in advance! Also, my printer and scanner were last used with Windows 7 until I recently upgraded a little over a...
  6. HP Printer 4500 Not Compatible with new HP Laptop w/ Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Printer 4500 Not Compatible with new HP Laptop w/ Windows 10: Has anyone had this problem? My printer will work but my scanner does not. I reinstalled the drivers, but the scanner still does not work. Any ideas? Thank you in advance! Also, my printer and scanner were last used with Windows 7 until I recently upgraded a little over a...
  7. HP Printer 4500 Not Compatible with new HP Laptop w/ Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Is there a specific or compatible printer for HP Pavilion laptop?

Is there a specific or compatible printer for HP Pavilion laptop?: I am using Canon iP2700 printer and it says printer is unavailable even though it was already plug in. I've been using my printer for how many years now. I also have another laptop and it's functioning, but when I use my HP laptop I can't print any documents because it always...
  9. HP Color Printer and my laptop

HP Color Printer and my laptop: I have a Laptop with Windows 10 pro 2004 and a HP 4650 series printer. My printer will print color for documents sent from my iPhone, but not from my laptop. All the printer settings on the laptop show that its set for color. But, no matter what program I use, all documents...
  10. compatible printer for hp stream windows 10

compatible printer for hp stream windows 10: my new hp stream laptop is not compatible with my hp deskjet 2130 printer, the driver is unavailable. Can anyone tell me of a printer that is compatible?...