Windows 10: Printers Misnamed and Duplicated

Discus and support Printers Misnamed and Duplicated in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Brother MFC-7460DN Printer is correctly identified in Windows 10 Build 10240. However, when I upgraded Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10, the name of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Wynona, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Wynona Win User

Printers Misnamed and Duplicated

Brother MFC-7460DN Printer is correctly identified in Windows 10 Build 10240. However, when I upgraded Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10, the name of the printer was changed to Brother PC-Fax v.2.2. Waitaminnit! Do what? Who would ever guess that was my MFC-7460DN!

I searched for and didn't find the 7460 anywhere in my Printers and Devices, so I reinstalled it and found a second PC-Fax! Sheesh! I opened a document and clicked on Print and sure enough, my PC-Fax I'd made my default popped up ready to print.

Oh, and BTW, while it was at it, the Windows 10 upgrade created a second copy of my MFC-J825DW and my HP Officejet 7610 Wide Bed, both of which are wireless! The 7460 is not a network/wireless printer and is wired to the computer.

Has anyone else had anything like this happen? To my mind, this should never have happened.

:)

Wynona, Aug 2, 2015

2. How can I change the name of the user folder in Windows 10

Creating a new account has exactly the same effect as re-installing Windows but is perhaps 100 times faster. Since you will first delete the unwanted account, and later on delete the misnamed profile folder, there will be no duplication of anything.

Frederik Long, Aug 2, 2015
  3. WM6 on HTC-S620 (UK): Calendar & WMP issues

Hi, sorry to have misnamed the thread, have just discovered it is NOT WM6, as the HTC-S620 cannot support it, it is WM5.2. Don't know if this makes a difference.

Regards

Glenys

Mrs G Chew, Aug 2, 2015
Thema:

Printers Misnamed and Duplicated

1. Printers Misnamed and Duplicated - Similar Threads - Printers Misnamed Duplicated

2. printer duplicated -printer vs print queues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printer duplicated -printer vs print queues: I have a strange issue that just happened. I went to print a shipping label only to see that it didn't print, yet I saw it in my print queue. After some digging, it seems that my label printer was duplicated in windows 10. So I now have labelprinter and labelprinter copy 1The...
  3. printer duplicated -printer vs print queues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    printer duplicated -printer vs print queues: I have a strange issue that just happened. I went to print a shipping label only to see that it didn't print, yet I saw it in my print queue. After some digging, it seems that my label printer was duplicated in windows 10. So I now have labelprinter and labelprinter copy 1The...
  4. Duplicate OneNote Printers

Duplicate OneNote Printers: Every time a new User signs in on a device, we end up with a duplicate OneNote printer. In some offices where people are often hot swapping seats they have 20+ OneNote printers. This happens on every computer. How can we prevent this from happening? I have searched all over...
  5. Duplicated printers

Duplicated printers: Hello, we have installed Windows Server 2012 R2 with print server. We have 12 printers. Workstations have installed Windows 10 Pro. Each user have install some printers using GPO. Everything was OK last three years. we have this problem last month...users see every printers...
  6. Printer Duplicated

Printer Duplicated: I'm running Windows 10 Home 20H2, (but also before that update) on my new HP laptop and in the process of installing my Hp LaserJet P1606dn, my system recorded two copies of it's existence... and neither of them work consistently... It appears as if printmanagement.msc does...
  7. Prevent duplicate printers

Prevent duplicate printers: I'm working on deploying 60 windows 10 laptops with Dyno 450 printers. To make the job easier I want to preload all the software and the printer configuration on one laptop then replicate it all the rest. The problem I'm having is after coping the OS image to the next...
  8. Duplicated Printers Missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Duplicated Printers Missing: Hi - Some time back I set up duplicate entries for some of my printers so I could have one for single-sided color printing and one for double-sided black and white. Recently, those have gone away, and when I try to add them through the process I've used before (manually...
  9. Misnamed User Folder

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Misnamed User Folder: When I perform a W10 installation I always use Owner for the account name. I just noticed something odd on this W10-64 Home machine. The folder that should be named Owner is named Waco. I have no idea how that happened. When I go to Control Panel/User Accounts/ there I am...
  10. Multiple (duplicate) printers listed in "Devices and Printers"

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple (duplicate) printers listed in "Devices and Printers": In "Devices and Printers," I have ended up with multiples with the same name. How do I delete the duplicates from the dropdown list? Thank you. 112317