Windows 10: Printers say (Offline) W-10

Discus and support Printers say (Offline) W-10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Both my printers say (show) offline and I can not print... I checked in tutorials and found nothing. Thanks 97915 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LeeB, Nov 12, 2017.

1. LeeB Win User

Printers say (Offline) W-10

Both my printers say (show) offline and I can not print...
    I checked in tutorials and found nothing.

Thanks

:)

2. PRINTER CONSTANTLY goes OFFLINE on Windows 10 computer.

Original Title: PRINTER CONSTANTLY goes OFFLINE

I am using HP officejet 8600 and its constantly reading "offline" by my ASUS Windows 10 laptop. The printer is connected, it says online. Ive tried turning off and on, connecting and unconnecting. It used to make me uninstall the printer and reinstall the
    printer to work. But, now it won't even do that. It is a constant annoying problem. Why would laptop say its offline when it says its online?

PLEASE help

Ellen123456, Nov 12, 2017
  3. HP 8620/Windows 10 Printer Offline

I'm an IT Admin, this Win10 Printer Offline issue has be completely baffled.

Here are the hardware specs that a family member is using:

- HP 8620 All-in-One Printer

- ASUS laptop w/ Windows 10

I initially set this up for him a few months ago. Worked fine for a week or two, then I get a call saying that the laptop won't print. His phone and other devices continue to print fine. Go to printers in Win10 and it says "printer offline". Tried the following:

- Disable SNMP

- Ran the HP printer troubleshooter

- Set static IP address

- Ethernet connection versus wireless

- Ran all updates on Win10 and from HP

- Went into printer "see what's printing" and settings in there do not make a difference.

Always works good for a few days then I get a call again. He is a normal user who is unable to uninstall/reinstall every few days. Seems like a common issue, which i'm hoping there is a fix for.

Thanks in advance,

Drake

Drake Krummrey, Nov 12, 2017
  4. spunk Win User

How are the printers connected to your computer? USB cable? Ethernet Cable? WiFi?
    Go to Start/Devices and Printers and right click each printer and choose Online or Troubleshoot.

spunk, Nov 12, 2017
  5. LeeB Win User
    Oops They are both connected via WiFi and they worked fine at one time...... I'll check the advice you suggested.....

Thanks .......

Bummer just checked and ran Troubleshoot and it told me to turn the printer on. (Which it was) So I tried to do a test print and got a message saying printer is OFFLINE..... So running Troubleshoot did no good...

6. Okay, please power off the printer(s), wait twenty seconds and power on. Do the same for your router.

On a number of devices when the wireless is connected the wireless logo LED on printer will be solid, if the printer is not connected they flash. What kind of printers are they, makes and models.

Has there been a change in your router, new device, possible long duration power outage? Is your computer wireless or wired?

If computer is wireless please ensure network is showing as Private and not public.

Could you share what version build of Windows you are using?

Windows key + R, type winver, enter.

Caledon Ken, Nov 13, 2017
  7. TrustMe Win User
    I had the same problem with my Dell printer. What I did to fix it was assign the printer a static IP Address. Then go into the printer's properties and click on the Ports tab. Create a new Standard TCP/IP port and give it the same static IP Address you gave your printer. Windows will automatically assign the new port to your printer. It’s been six months now and I have not had any more problems.

TrustMe, Nov 13, 2017
  8. LeeB Win User

Thanks I will give your solutions a try later today. I have to work in a few

LeeB, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Printers say (Offline) W-10 - Similar Threads - Printers Offline

2. Printer keeps going offline

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer keeps going offline: i have 2 Brother printers on a wireless connection that keep going offline. To get them back on, I unplug & replug them. For one of them, I have to do that two or three times to get it working again. I uninstalled & reinstalled the driver a couple of times already & my router...
  3. Printer keeps going offline

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer keeps going offline: i have 2 Brother printers on a wireless connection that keep going offline. To get them back on, I unplug & replug them. For one of them, I have to do that two or three times to get it working again. I uninstalled & reinstalled the driver a couple of times already & my router...
  4. All Printers, Including Print to PDF intermittently offline

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All Printers, Including Print to PDF intermittently offline: Windows 11 64-Bit. All of the printers will intermittently go offline. This includes the software printers ie Microsoft's Print to PDF, Print to XPS, Adobe Print to PDF and hardware printers HP OfficeJet. If I go in and check the printers communication is restored after a few...
  5. All Printers, Including Print to PDF intermittently offline

All Printers, Including Print to PDF intermittently offline: Windows 11 64-Bit. All of the printers will intermittently go offline. This includes the software printers ie Microsoft's Print to PDF, Print to XPS, Adobe Print to PDF and hardware printers HP OfficeJet. If I go in and check the printers communication is restored after a few...
  6. Printer Offline - need help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer Offline - need help: Need helpThe printer offline is not responsive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-offline-need-help/c0f823d9-d414-4842-884f-66e436f071f2
  7. Printer Offline - need help

Printer Offline - need help: Need helpThe printer offline is not responsive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-offline-need-help/c0f823d9-d414-4842-884f-66e436f071f2
  8. Printer Offline - need help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. I need help to fix printer offline for windows 11 issue. I'm unable to print documents,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help to fix printer offline for windows 11 issue. I'm unable to print documents,...: I need help to fix printer offline for windows 11 issue. I'm unable to print documents or scan or fax as well, and this is the second time. HP Officejet Pro 6970 PCL-3.. please help....
  10. I need help to fix printer offline for windows 11 issue. I'm unable to print documents,...

I need help to fix printer offline for windows 11 issue. I'm unable to print documents,...: I need help to fix printer offline for windows 11 issue. I'm unable to print documents or scan or fax as well, and this is the second time. HP Officejet Pro 6970 PCL-3.. please help....