Windows 10: Printers working fine until update to 10074

Discus and support Printers working fine until update to 10074 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I had two printers hooked up in wireless mode, a Samsung ML-2525W and a Brother inkjet MFC_J870DW. Both were working fine until the recent update and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tacit, May 3, 2015.

1. Tacit Win User

Printers working fine until update to 10074

I had two printers hooked up in wireless mode, a Samsung ML-2525W and a Brother inkjet MFC_J870DW. Both were working fine until the recent update and both dropped off the network.
    I reinstalled the driver for the Samsung and providing I have it wired to a USB port on the computer it works fine, I tried my usual method I have written down to reconnect wireless but to no avail. It is odd but it shows up in the router as it is connected but when I go through the connect routine it reports "not connected"
    I havnt tried the Brother printer yet.
    Its odd.

:)

Tacit, May 3, 2015
  2. MTGE LADY Win User

Offline Printer i Windows 10

MICROSOFT Update and now my printer shows OFFLINE and I am unable to use. I tried all the suggestions given in previous posts. The printer is working fine, it is connected, it is the default printer (I only have 1) and it was working fine until the update.
    I'm going to try reversing the update and see if that works - grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!

MTGE LADY, May 3, 2015
  3. mike35z Win User
    HP printer will not connect to USB

I am having the same problem. I have an HP BA009DX notebook and I have an HP 2130 printer scanner. It was working fine until the HP update was done. Now the computer will not recognize the printer, it says operating system not found. This is very annoying.
    I reset the computer with a fresh windows 10 and the printer installed fine and worked until I did the updates from windows and HP.

mike35z, May 3, 2015
  4. topgundcp Win User

topgundcp, May 3, 2015
  5. Tacit Win User
    After a nights sleep and a few reboots both printers are now back online.

Tacit, May 3, 2015
  6. Wynona Win User
    Tacit, I don't know about the Samsung, but "Run as Administrator" is your friend when installing your MFC-J8xxDW printer as wireless.

Wynona, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Printers working fine until update to 10074 - Similar Threads - Printers working fine

2. Printer is not working fine pls solve the issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer is not working fine pls solve the issue: Printer is not working fine pls solve the issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-is-not-working-fine-pls-solve-the-issue/8174779b-ad00-4c5f-86b8-0720aca5b864
  3. Printer is not working fine pls solve the issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer is not working fine pls solve the issue: Printer is not working fine pls solve the issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-is-not-working-fine-pls-solve-the-issue/8174779b-ad00-4c5f-86b8-0720aca5b864
  4. Printer is not working fine pls solve the issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Printer - was working fine but now not recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer - was working fine but now not recognized: I've got an old Epson SX130 which has worked fine on Windows 10, without the need to download drivers. Now it's just disappeared, when I want to print it's not there. It's still listed on the printer page in control panel, but if I ask to print a test page windows tells me...
  6. IE11 Not working in Build 10074

in Browsers and Email
    IE11 Not working in Build 10074: Hello! I recently updated to build 10074 and IE11 will not launch at all! It is set as my default browser. Spartan (Edge) is working just fine...but I dont want to use it just yet as it doesnt store cookies and autofills logins. (among other reasons) Chrome opens just fine...
  7. No update available in 10074

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    No update available in 10074: So I had alot of problems on the builds coming out after 10074 and decided to stay on this build untuil today. Saw the new release and thought it was about time to get some updates, but no matter how I try, Windows always say I got the lastest updates. I've read different...
  8. Wireless works fine on new install until I run Windows Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless works fine on new install until I run Windows Update: I have an elderly but perfectly functional Acer 5920 laptop (I upgraded it extensively in the years). It has an Intel 3945ABG wifi chipset. I've been running Linux on it since forever, but it became necessary to put Windows on it. I installed Windows 8.1 and everything...
  9. Build 10074 not working as should

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Build 10074 not working as should: hi guys, my network and/or homegroup no longer work. After searching and trying to fix this (a couple of hours) i gave up, gave feedback to MS and returnde to Build 10061. Hate to do a fresh install, although i have burned the ISO. So i guess i have to wait for a...
  10. 10074

in Windows 10 Support
    10074: Hi. I have just installed 10074. Is that the latest preview. Thanks 6418