Windows 10: Printing a JPG photo

Discus and support Printing a JPG photo in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 and have a photo in my pictures folder in jpg format. There is no icon on that screen enabling me to print that photo. How to do it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by thailend19, Feb 19, 2016.

1. Printing a JPG photo

I have Windows 10 and have a photo in my pictures folder in jpg format. There is no icon on that screen enabling me to print that photo. How to do it?

:)

thailend19, Feb 19, 2016
  2. hifz Win User

Windows 10 Microsoft Photos App Not Printing JPG, PNG

Windows 10 Microsoft Photos App Not Printing JPG, PNG

Hi,

I am using Windows 10 Enterprise 1511. We have discovered Microsoft Photos App is not Printing JPG, PNG files.

Upon observation the print job is not reaching the printer? I have checked see what's printing dialogue box.

If I print the same jpg, png via paint, word etc, the photo is printed.

Is this a known issue?

CAN SOMEONE HELP PLEASE?

3. document conversion from jpg to pdf/zip

Open the jpg in Photo App, click ... and select Print from the menu followed by Microsoft Print to PDF.

willy denoyette, Feb 19, 2016
  4. b1rd Win User

Printing a JPG photo

Hi thailend19,

Which program / app are you using when you view the image?

5. Ztruker Win User
    Just double click on the jpg, it will open in the Photos app. Click on the 3 dots at top right and select Print.

Ztruker, Feb 19, 2016
  6. WHS
    whs Win User
    Depends which photo app you use. they are all a bit different. E.g. I use Fast Stone image viewer.

7. Ztruker Win User
    The native, built in program for viewing pictures is the Photos app. If you changed that then you would have to do whatever that program requires.

I was using the old Windows Photo Viewer but find myself liking the Photos app more and more as I use it.

Ztruker, Feb 20, 2016
  8. Phone Man Win User

Printing a JPG photo

On my system I just right click the jpg and it gives me a print selection.

Jim *Nerd

Phone Man, Feb 20, 2016
  9. Ztruker Win User
    Urk!!!! Mine too, I forgot about that one *Redface

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Printing a JPG photo

1. Printing a JPG photo - Similar Threads - Printing JPG photo

2. Jpg files not printing in full

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Jpg files not printing in full: I had this problem before after a Windows update. Now the problem is back. When I try to print a jpg only asmall portion is printing, the rest is just blank. Please assist asap....
  3. Jpg files not printing in full

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Jpg files not printing in full: I had this problem before after a Windows update. Now the problem is back. When I try to print a jpg only asmall portion is printing, the rest is just blank. Please assist asap....
  4. Jpg files not printing in full

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. white stripe on jpg photos when printing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    white stripe on jpg photos when printing: in March I suddenly found that all the photos I printed had a white stripe down the middle. Brother tells me it is a microdoft problem connected with adobe. They sent me a link to microsoft but I cant download KB4577586 because it says it is not secure. Not even sure this...
  6. jpg photos corrupt

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    jpg photos corrupt: I have corrupted JPG images. I cannot open I used most of the programs for the repair [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jpg-photos-corrupt/20079b5f-d428-4d19-8c6b-794bf7ca4916
  7. cannot print JPG files in Windows Photos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cannot print JPG files in Windows Photos: When I try to print in Windows Photos, I get an error message that says "...unexpected configuration problem 0x8007007e" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-print-jpg-files-in-windows-photos/11c3f5e4-2436-4e36-bf8f-831aa13a78a3
  8. JPG photos not supported on Photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    JPG photos not supported on Photos: Good evening. Have been trying to transfer photos from my Samsung S7 and they are in jpg format and when I try and open on desktop or laptop they say unsupported. Tried to uninstall and reinstall and still not working. Apologies if asked and solved already but this is...
  9. Photos in jpg

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos in jpg: Heei! Why when I download photos from my camera SD card the photos are not saving in jpg? Because when I want to send my photos from the pc I just can not find the pics there...
  10. opening jpg photos

in Windows 10 Customization
    opening jpg photos: I cannot open photos in jpg format when I double click on them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-jpg-photos/fcce5b94-6b60-4f59-a732-28835bcdcdc0