Windows 10: printing failure

Discus and support printing failure in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My HP laptop no longer prints to either of my network printers or Adobe pdf printer, although my other computers print OK. error messages: Notepad... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GregMcHone, Jul 9, 2018.

1. printing failure

My HP laptop no longer prints to either of my network printers or Adobe pdf printer, although my other computers print OK.

error messages:

Notepad says A StartDocPrinter call was not issued

MS Word just says there's a problem with the printer setup

Adobe Acrobat says no pages were selected to print

Removing and reinstalling printers, and changing default printers, does not help

I am at a loss. Any ideas?

Thanks, Greg

:)

GregMcHone, Jul 9, 2018
  2. Jan123 Win User

Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

• Remove the printer device.
    • Add a Printer
    • The printer that I want isn’t listed
    • Select a shared printer by name
    • Browse
    • Select the displayed Machine 1.
    • Select the displayed Printer.
    • Next
    • Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    • Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    • Next
    • Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    • Detecting TCP/IP Port
    • Additional Port information required.
    • Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    • Next
    • Detecting the Driver Model
    • Install The Print Driver
    • Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    • Next
    • Replace the Current Driver
    • Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    • Next
    • Do not share this printer
    • Next
    • You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    • Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, Jul 9, 2018
  3. Print Failure (not able to print suddenly)

• Yes
    • No
    • Brother MFC- J430W
    • Yes
    • Yes
    I can print a test page from the devices page "Windows Printer Test Page" but not from any other file or Document as I used to do.

The print page comes up with the correct printer etc but when I press "print" the printer does not have any information in the document queue

simonweraiti, Jul 9, 2018
  4. printing failure

Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Hi William,

We suggest that you disable and re-enable the Print to PDF feature. Here are the steps:

• Click on the Start menu and type in Windows Features.
    • Choose Turn Windows features on or off.
    • On the next window, find Microsoft Print to PDF and disable it. Click
      OK to save changes.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Repeat the same steps to re-enable Microsoft Print to PDF.
    If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps suggested on the link below under
    Advanced:

Fix printer problems

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Jul 9, 2018
Thema:

printing failure

1. printing failure - Similar Threads - printing failure

2. Print Spooler failures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Print Spooler failures: Hi Everyone, Long shot I know but hoping someone has seen this before!I have an environment of clients using both windows 10 & 11 22H2, for the past week we have encountered a number of printing issues. The clients are sending jobs to an internal printer server server 2022...
  3. Print Spooler failures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Print Spooler failures: Hi Everyone, Long shot I know but hoping someone has seen this before!I have an environment of clients using both windows 10 & 11 22H2, for the past week we have encountered a number of printing issues. The clients are sending jobs to an internal printer server server 2022...
  4. HP Envy Printing help! printfilterpipelinesvc.exe failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Envy Printing help! printfilterpipelinesvc.exe failure: Hello all. I've exhausted my online searches so I'm turning to the community for help. In the past couple of weeks, I finished building my computer. All the software installations went perfectly. I installed Windows 10, then upgraded to Windows 11 without any issue. The...
  5. HP Envy Printing help! printfilterpipelinesvc.exe failure

HP Envy Printing help! printfilterpipelinesvc.exe failure: Hello all. I've exhausted my online searches so I'm turning to the community for help. In the past couple of weeks, I finished building my computer. All the software installations went perfectly. I installed Windows 10, then upgraded to Windows 11 without any issue. The...
  6. Windows Photo Viewer, failure to print multiple images on one page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Photo Viewer, failure to print multiple images on one page: Hello, One of our customers has this issue for several months now where he selects multiple images but could not print this on one page directly to the network printer. The print shows only a black page. Note that he could print individual images just fine. He was using...
  7. Windows Photo Viewer, failure to print multiple images on one page

Windows Photo Viewer, failure to print multiple images on one page: Hello, One of our customers has this issue for several months now where he selects multiple images but could not print this on one page directly to the network printer. The print shows only a black page. Note that he could print individual images just fine. He was using...
  8. Windows Photo Viewer, failure to print multiple images on one page

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Printing failure in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printing failure in windows 10: Cannot print any Web page or document in Windows 10. Details say that printer driver is unavailable. However I can print anything when using my I-Pad. Have reinstalled Printer drivers and reset Windows 10....
  10. Epson photo printing failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Epson photo printing failure: Epson XP 6100 when I try to print a photo there is a broad white band across the whole of the middle of the photo which doesn't print; only a thin band of the image top and bottom prints. Epson say it's a microsoft windows problem. Any help please? John...