Windows 10: Printing is oversized, live mail, edge.

Discus and support Printing is oversized, live mail, edge. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, would like to introduce myself my name is Justin. I am having some troubles printing. We are a company, and 2 of our computers now run... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Dotd0tx, Oct 20, 2015.

1. Dotd0tx Win User

Printing is oversized, live mail, edge.

Hello, would like to introduce myself my name is Justin.

I am having some troubles printing. We are a company, and 2 of our computers now run windows 10.

The problem i am having from Edge, Windows Live Mail. IE pretty much Everything is printing over-sized.
    Emails is pretty much printing out everything but to large and goes off the page.

Edge prints showing the scroll bars and all which makes it look like an 'unfriendly print page' Also prints the Side Nav bars which it used to never do back on 7-8.

Printer is a Ricoh mp4000 and and another printer does both on both computers (different brands) and different printers.

I've pretty much tried everything Scale to fit don't fit page 75% is almost there but small and 50% is way to small to see. If anyone has any ideas and any help or suggestions, please let me know.

Thank you in advance,
    Justin.

:)

Dotd0tx, Oct 20, 2015

2. problem printing from live mail

Hi,

1. Does Live Mail mean that the email address (don't post the address) has either outlook.com or Hotmail.com after the
    @ ?

2. Are you accessing this email through the Windows 10 Mail App, Edge or Internet Explorer?

3. What, exactly is going wrong? Any error message?

4. Can you print from other programs? Notepad? Internet Explorer?

Don

Don Varnau, Oct 20, 2015
  3. Unable rto print web pages in edge

I have just installed windows 10 (64) and am running an Epson xp610 printer. I am using edge browser. It prints well from email (windows live mail) and documents (notebook). When I I attempt to print a web page on edge the preview pane (on right) remains
    blank and blank pages are printed. After installing Epson e-web printing, I can move to Internet Explorer in the options and print from IE I have updated the driver about 4 times and Epson is not aware of the problem.

Question: Is Edge able to print web pages on it's own?

HarrisonHoffmann, Oct 20, 2015
  4. Printing is oversized, live mail, edge.

On my printer when I use Edge it lets me look and adjust it on preprint and you can set the margin either side then press print and it comes out as I want it.
    You can also adjust the fonts to make them fit the page

hTconeM9user, Oct 20, 2015
  5. eLPuSHeR Win User
    Hello.
    If Print preview isn't available you could print to Microsoft print to PDF printer and check the outcome first before doing the actual hardcopy. Sending any work to that printer will create a PDF file. I have three Ricoh copiers and they seem to print just fine (although I am using Mozilla Firefox). What drivers are you using? Ricoh ones? Microsoft built-in ones? I am using the built-in after looking for them under Windows Update.

PS - Avoid the "generic" Ricoh built-in driver like the plague. It's a very nerfed driver. Just check for existing ones under Windows Update.

eLPuSHeR, Oct 21, 2015
  6. spapakons Win User
    I suspect that the wrong size of paper is default in your printer settings. Click the search button and type Control. Click on Control Panel to open it and then click on View as Large icons to see all controls, rather than groups. Click the Devices and printers control and wait for it to open. It can take some time. Then right-click on the printer and select Printing Preferences. Make sure the paper size is A4 or whatever you are using. Also that scaling is at 100%, if there is such setting available. Saving these settings from Printing Preferences makes them permanent, while adjusting these from Printer Properties just before printing are valid only for the specific print job. Try to print again, this time the printout should fit the page.

spapakons, Oct 21, 2015
  7. Dotd0tx Win User
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone, i have tried everyone of them and still does it. Drivers i believe are microsoft drivers, though it might download the drivers right from the printer i am not sure.

Any other suggestions i may check?

Thanks kindly,
    Justin

Dotd0tx, Oct 21, 2015
  8. Printing is oversized, live mail, edge.

Yes recheck where the drivers are downloading from.
    Also have never come across your problem in any of the printers I have had.
    Have you tried uninstalling them and if you have disc come with them run the software from them then connect your printer when adviced to either by cable or Wi-Fi .
    On the disc should be all the settings.
    hope this may help you

hTconeM9user, Oct 21, 2015
  9. spapakons Win User
    Have you checked the paper size and the scale as I suggested? Paper should be set to A4 or whatever you are using and scale to 100% or fit to paper.

spapakons, Oct 21, 2015
  10. Dotd0tx Win User
    I did, paper is set to Letter, which is what i am using (8.5x11) and as for scaling there is no settings.

I just changed driver and got those settings but then it wouldnt print at all from Internet or Live Mail, but would print test pages and print from adobe reader which had me confused.

Dotd0tx, Oct 21, 2015
  11. spapakons Win User
    If you make this printer default, then you should be able to print from any program. But even if it is not the default printer, there must be a way to choose printer before sending a print job. Certainly not from the print icon, you have to go File->Print to be given the choice.

spapakons, Oct 21, 2015
  12. Dotd0tx Win User
    I've tryed that, im a computer tech as it is. This just has me stumped. Then tryed printing to it as ashared printer from another computer didnt print either also tryed printing to another printer and didnt print as well. Printer is default. Computer is also 2-3 days old.

Dotd0tx, Oct 21, 2015
  13. spapakons Win User

I just tried to print from Edge by clicking the three dots button (menu) and selecting Print. Have you seen the Scale setting? If it is set to "Shrink to fit" it would resize the page to fit the paper. This means if the page is smaller it will print it larger. Try setting that to 100% and see if it prints correctly.

Printing is oversized, live mail, edge. [​IMG]

spapakons, Oct 21, 2015
  14. I was just looking at that in mine to do a screen print you beat me to it

hTconeM9user, Oct 21, 2015
  15. Dotd0tx Win User
    I think i beat you both there *Wink . Stating my original post.

Dotd0tx, Oct 21, 2015
Thema:

1. Printing is oversized, live mail, edge. - Similar Threads - Printing oversized live

2. live mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    live mail: j'ai du remettre mon mot de passe dans live mail mais il ne passe plus et je ne reçois plus de mail de gmail ni je ne peus en envoyer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-mail/c7fa9f3c-2031-4993-9401-f1e89d9269f4
  3. live mail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    live mail: j'ai du remettre mon mot de passe dans live mail mais il ne passe plus et je ne reçois plus de mail de gmail ni je ne peus en envoyer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-mail/c7fa9f3c-2031-4993-9401-f1e89d9269f4
  4. Windows Live Mail Not Linking to Edge, Stalls Out

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail Not Linking to Edge, Stalls Out: I have a weird problem using Windows Live Mail 2012 (WLM) to link to a URL from a message. Linking works from my other e-mails routines like Gmal, Yahoo, Outlook, etc, but when I click a link in WLM it opens Edge (Version 87.0.664.47) then stalls out. The link address shows...
  5. Live Mail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Live Mail: After the last W10 update, Live Mail 2012 will not send or receive from my mail server https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-mail/0d88823f-6a41-489d-85e2-f4fbed982ffc
  6. Live Mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Live Mail: I have been using live mail for a number of years and had a number of storage folders to retain emails I needed for reference. I found all those storage folders had disappeared when I went to live mail yesterday. I have since started new storage folders for emails received...
  7. Live mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Live mail: some emails I forward are sent as many times as 37 repeated emails how do I stop this so it is sent only once? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-mail/a373e491-9ae5-4da0-8fab-acb57a3a22be
  8. Oversize printing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Oversize printing: Can pages be tiled in Filemaker to print as a larger format https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/oversize-printing/c5cb478f-f9e1-4621-9e2d-6e3d4d177703
  9. Live mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Live mail: Cannot receive mail from Windows Live. Error message: 0x800cc90, server error Live mail error 0x800cc92 Pop 3 Part 995. It won't accept my password even tried changing it. So Frustrating....
  10. Edge and Mail intermittent printing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Edge and Mail intermittent printing: Have updated to Win 10 1607 but every now and again edge and mail fail to print to my hp d1400 series printer but if I print from desktop apps like WLM 2012 or notepad it prints ok. I ran hp print doctor which installed new drivers but the problem still remains. Any...