Windows 10: Printing issue in windows 10

Discus and support Printing issue in windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi.I have a HP Photosmart 6520 printer with windows 10, Been working well until last few days. When I select an item to print from a web page I used... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by dafydd, Dec 1, 2016.

1. dafydd Win User

Printing issue in windows 10

Hi.I have a HP Photosmart 6520 printer with windows 10, Been working well until last few days.
    When I select an item to print from a web page I used to select the three dots top right and select print and within a few seconds the print would show up in the black screen that appears then gives a choice to print size etc, But now when select print nothing shows up in the black screen the small circle revolves to the right but nothing comes on screen.
    When I select print at bottom left the paper comes out of printer blank.
    Have uninstalled the printer and reinstalled with latest updates but with no luck, Very difficult when I require to print our a receipt or similar item.
    Any help on this Please.
    Many thanks David.

:)

dafydd, Dec 1, 2016

2. Windows 10: Issues with deleting a particular system file and Administrator Problems.

Original Title: Administrator Problems

The issue is quite simple. Ever since migrating to Windows 10, I've been unable to administrate, though I'm supposedly an administrator with "full control." A current example: I've picked up a trojan file in a c:\windows subdirectory. having full control
    of the c:\ directory, I should be able to simply delete the bad file. However, I can't do that because I get the following message:

"You require permission from the computer's administrator to make changes to this file." I've tried all the suggestions here and none of them work. This has been an ongoing issue with this OS since I installed it a year ago. Until now, I haven't needed
    to "administrate" over this directory, and thought that Microsoft would eventually get around to fixing the problem, especially since there have been so many complaints about it. Apparently, Microsoft can't handle it. BTW, Windows 10 sucks. It's apparently
    not built for end users who want to accomplish real work on the computers THEY OWN. Instead it's built for vendors who want to know who you are, where you are and what you're doing, so that they can tailor advertising to you.

Windows 10 Keyboard Issue, Dec 1, 2016
  3. Won't read SD CARD windows 10

Below is the result of following your Step 1. So my issue of Windows 10 not reading the SD is still not resolved. How come the required driver to allow Windows 10 to read the SD in my computer was not installed during the fix?

"There is a problem with the driver for USB-IF xHCI USB Host Controller. The driver needs to be reinstalled."

Windows 10 SD issue, Dec 1, 2016
  4. Printing issue in windows 10

You mentioned this happens when you print from web page. Have you tried another browser, maybe Firefox to see if this is a printer issue or browser issue?

Caledon Ken, Dec 1, 2016
  5. Hi did you get a disc with the printer, and install all the software from the disc.
    What seems to be happening is nothing is being found by the printer to download.
    Also see if using Edge Browser cures the problem
    Also go to Printer and Devices and see if your printer is set as Default Printer if not then click that and see if it works

hTconeM9user, Dec 1, 2016
  6. dafydd Win User
    Hi thanks all
    I'm using edge.
    Regarding the software cd yes I do have it but its for windows 8.I cant seemed to find the correct software for this printer to have the full package.Tried a few downloads but not much joy.
    The printer is working its just that issue with when I want to print receipts etc.
    Thanks

dafydd, Dec 1, 2016
  7. Hi...

You Contact HP Support Team

waltercarroll, Dec 1, 2016
  8. Printing issue in windows 10

Caledon Ken, Dec 1, 2016
  9. Steve C Win User
    Steve C, Dec 2, 2016
  10. If David selects a different printer, say Microsoft PDF printer does the preview window show something other than blank? (according tho David's first post, the preview window shows blank)

Caledon Ken, Dec 2, 2016
  11. dafydd Win User
    Many thanks to all for the help.
    Sorry for the delay in getting back to you,The reason is that my nine year old granddaughter came from school on Friday for the weekend.
    Regarding the setup, When I first had this printer it was on windows 8.1 then went to windows 10 all was working okay until about a week ago it started to play up.When I first had it when inserting the cd software I had an option to connect with usb or wifi don't get that option now maybe it has something to do with windows 10?.
    Will be having a good look at it today hoping to have some peace as i'm 67 today.
    Thanks all. Will let you know how I get on later.
    David.

dafydd, Dec 3, 2016
  12. dafydd Win User
    If David selects a different printer, say Microsoft PDF printer does the preview window show something other than blank? (according tho David's first post, the preview window shows blank)

Regarding your question Yes it des show Blank..

dafydd, Dec 3, 2016
  13. dafydd Win User

Just an update.
    I connected my laptop to the printer in question and all is working fine there So it must be a fault on the desktop.
    Been thinking of doing a repair. Have done the scannowsfc with no luck.
    What would be the best way to do a repair and keep all my contents of the C drive.
    David.

dafydd, Dec 3, 2016
  14. If another printer shows blank then this likely is not a printer issue but a browser issue. Unfortunately web is littered with this issue.

The Ten forum thread Edge Browser - cannot print to pdf file talks to this issue. One solution for v1511 was to ensure KB3140768 was installed. I also looked at this KB and it said it needed to re-installed if you subsequently installed a language pack.

Other solutions mention certain folders being missing. Any chance did you move any of your user folders?

I believe if you need a quick fix while you investigate install Chrome or Firefox.

The link I posted from HP was the full software bundle. You may also find firmware for your printer at the same site which may help with wireless. The wireless is likely something totally unrelated to blank screen in preview as you also get a blank screen when you select an internal PDF printer.

Caledon Ken, Dec 3, 2016
  15. dafydd Win User
    Well i'm here again.
    Did a windows repair as there was another small issue on another program. It went okay all working fine now printer is a good one.
    many thanks to all who replied to my post.
    Merry xmas to all.

dafydd, Dec 4, 2016
Thema:

1. Printing issue in windows 10 - Similar Threads - Printing issue

2. Printing Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printing Issues: I have a HP Desk jet plus 4155 wireless, I cannot get to print, also cannot fine the drivers for 4155, just 4100, how do I correct this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printing-issues/e344403a-84a5-424d-bad0-6b8ef4e3ac27
  3. Printing Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printing Issues: I have a HP Desk jet plus 4155 wireless, I cannot get to print, also cannot fine the drivers for 4155, just 4100, how do I correct this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printing-issues/e344403a-84a5-424d-bad0-6b8ef4e3ac27
  4. Printing Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. I need help to fix printer offline for windows 11 issue. I'm unable to print documents,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help to fix printer offline for windows 11 issue. I'm unable to print documents,...: I need help to fix printer offline for windows 11 issue. I'm unable to print documents or scan or fax as well, and this is the second time. HP Officejet Pro 6970 PCL-3.. please help....
  6. I need help to fix printer offline for windows 11 issue. I'm unable to print documents,...

I need help to fix printer offline for windows 11 issue. I'm unable to print documents,...: I need help to fix printer offline for windows 11 issue. I'm unable to print documents or scan or fax as well, and this is the second time. HP Officejet Pro 6970 PCL-3.. please help....
  7. Printing issues - Just built Windows 11 PC and HP envy 5530 printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printing issues - Just built Windows 11 PC and HP envy 5530 printer: Greetings , just built my new computer and have an issue printing. Excel Docs and word docs print fine. When I use the snipping tool and /or "print Screen" and past picture onto a word doc or excel, it will either not print or print a small portion. When printing pictures,...
  8. Printing issues - Just built Windows 11 PC and HP envy 5530 printer

Printing issues - Just built Windows 11 PC and HP envy 5530 printer: Greetings , just built my new computer and have an issue printing. Excel Docs and word docs print fine. When I use the snipping tool and /or "print Screen" and past picture onto a word doc or excel, it will either not print or print a small portion. When printing pictures,...
  9. PDF print issue - Insufficient data for image? stopgap measure - use Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PDF print issue - Insufficient data for image? stopgap measure - use Edge: I need help with printing a PDF which opens albeit locked.Problem is printing; no error message; just information message as followsThe document could not be printed kindly use our help page to troubleshoot.If you continue to face this issue kindly reach out to adobe support...
  10. PDF print issue - Insufficient data for image? stopgap measure - use Edge

PDF print issue - Insufficient data for image? stopgap measure - use Edge: I need help with printing a PDF which opens albeit locked.Problem is printing; no error message; just information message as followsThe document could not be printed kindly use our help page to troubleshoot.If you continue to face this issue kindly reach out to adobe support...