Windows 10: Printing through server doesn't work anymore

Discus and support Printing through server doesn't work anymore in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi everybody, I have a multifunction HP C5280 printer connected via USB to my router that has a built in printer server and it's a couple of days I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mirkorm, Aug 28, 2015.

1. mirkorm Win User

Printing through server doesn't work anymore

Hi everybody,

I have a multifunction HP C5280 printer connected via USB to my router that has a built in printer server and it's a couple of days I can't print through it from my laptop anymore (but I still can print from my smartphone as always).

The problem started when I removed the device from control panel to try installing the latest driver downloaded from the HP website, because I wasn't able to scan from it, but at least I still could print. Since then, even if the printer appears as ready, Windows doesn't even send documents to the spooler: the printer icon appears on the taskbar but it just says "0 document(s) pending".

Additional informations: I already uninstalled the downloaded new driver and installed back the previous working one and it's not a spooler problem since I can print if I directly connect the printer through the laptop USB.

Thanks a lot

:)

mirkorm, Aug 28, 2015

2. how to take screen shots with windows 10

Is there a new combination of buttons to press to take screen shots in windows 10? I used to be able to just press the print screen button along with the windows button, but that doesn't work anymore.

somebody_123, Aug 28, 2015
  3. retroneo Win User
    NSU vs Proxy servers

The current version doesn't work through and authenticated proxy. It works through an unauthenticated proxy server however.

retroneo, Aug 28, 2015
  4. Printing through server doesn't work anymore

Did you try rebooting the router? I've seen routers get confused and forget that they have a printer attached too them...you might try it.

play2mefish, Aug 28, 2015
  5. mirkorm Win User
    Thanks for the answer but I already tried it.

The worst part is that I can even see the printer from the network folder as in the screenshot (https://i.imgur.com/Z8b7m4Q.png) but even if I click on it, add it as a printer and install the driver from the printer's CD-ROM, when I'll try to print the test page or anything else, there's no response.

I'm going crazy over this thing, I really can't manage to figure it out ahahah.
    Please help

mirkorm, Aug 28, 2015
  6. mirkorm Win User
    mirkorm, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Printing through server doesn't work anymore

1. Printing through server doesn't work anymore - Similar Threads - Printing through server

2. Winget doesn't work anymore.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Winget doesn't work anymore.: Hello everyone, as you can see from the screenshot when i use the command "winget" it does nothing, the only change that i can see is the colour of the letters.Is there a solution?Thank in advance....
  3. Winget doesn't work anymore.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Winget doesn't work anymore.: Hello everyone, as you can see from the screenshot when i use the command "winget" it does nothing, the only change that i can see is the colour of the letters.Is there a solution?Thank in advance....
  4. Fingertip doesn't work anymore

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Fingertip doesn't work anymore: I've had this windows hello fingertip thing and it doesn't work anymore i tried to update the driver "Biometric devices" as in the picture but it says that it's already updated, my windows is updated as well[ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  5. Notebook doesn't work anymore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Notebook doesn't work anymore: Hi. I need emergency help So, I have this Lenovo Ideapad 320 for about 8months and it suddenly started having "blue screen" errors. I did what i found in the community, and that was cleaning my HD by CMD, it helped that was March 18th. Then everything was fine until...
  6. A program doesn't work anymore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    A program doesn't work anymore: Hey there, A few days ago, my PC ran into a problem and restarted while I was playing a game. After that, I have not been able to open the game anymore. Unfortunately, there is no error message to be posted. Can anyone help me out with this problem? Regards....
  7. License doesn't work anymore

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    License doesn't work anymore: My computer started to tell me my license was going to expire, and I didn't really look into it. Then the messages stopped coming up, and was replaced with a Activate Windows thing in the corner. Today, I wanted to play a game from the microsoft store, and when I tried to...
  8. File explorer: Keyboard letters to "jump" through folders and files doesn't work anymore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer: Keyboard letters to "jump" through folders and files doesn't work anymore: I'll explain it with an example: before the 1909 update if I opened my System32 folder, single clicked a random folder/file and pressed the letter "E" multiple times, the selection moved to the folders starting their name with "e", and then files. Now they changed this, and...
  9. File explorer: Keyboard letters to "jump" through folders and files doesn't work anymore

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer: Keyboard letters to "jump" through folders and files doesn't work anymore: I'll explain it with an example: before this update if I opened my System32, single clicked a random folder/file and pressed the letter "E" multiple times, the selection moved to the folders starting their name with "e", and then files. Now they changed this, and instead of...
  10. Bluetooth doesn't work anymore

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth doesn't work anymore: A few moments ago my bluetooth stopped workig. I already tried to follow your faq on how to fix the problems similar to mine, but nothing worked. Then I found this topic: click. It's identical to my case: after I disinstalled the bluetooth from Device Manager and rebooted...