Windows 10: Prints are way too dark on Win10, works fine on Win7 (Samsung ML-1670)

Discus and support Prints are way too dark on Win10, works fine on Win7 (Samsung ML-1670) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I bought a Samsung ML-1670 monotone laser printer back in 2012. The printer was working fine until I upgraded to Windows 10. Now when I print a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jiia, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Jiia Win User

Prints are way too dark on Win10, works fine on Win7 (Samsung ML-1670)

I bought a Samsung ML-1670 monotone laser printer back in 2012. The printer was working fine until I upgraded to Windows 10.

Now when I print a gradient that goes from white to black the black point in the print is in the middle of the page even though it should be at the edge. Text prints out fine because it's usually all black but all images look horrible.

Here's the problem illustrated

Prints are way too dark on Win10, works fine on Win7 (Samsung ML-1670) [​IMG]

This problem has been haunting me for months and I've been unable to fix it. I've tried resetting the printer, reinstalling drivers. Installing Samsung optional software and then uninstalling it once it didn't help. I've even changed the toner cartridge. I've tried out every single option in the printer settings, but none of them change the outcome at all. At one point I even reinstalled Windows, and IIRC the problem went away for some time but came back later.

The only thing that helps a little, is printing in Photoshop and using the setting "Photoshop manages colors", then setting the color profile to eRGB. But even then the outcome is washed out and nothing like the source image.

The printer used to work fine when I was still using Windows 7.

:)

2. ubergnosh Win User

Driver failure for Samsung ML 1430 in windows 10 upgrade.

i ran into this myself with a ML-1430 hanging off a samba print server. the samsung site likes to suggest you use their universal print driver 2.0 which installed but didn't make any printing happen. i figured I wanted to install the win7 gdi drivers
    but ran into a problem that its not properly signed. so i restarted win10 with disable driver signature signing checking on and then installed the samsung win7 gdi driver from their site. after that I added my printer and picked the ML-1430 driver i had
    just installed and printing worked like a charm .

ubergnosh, Mar 18, 2016
  3. PnnyPnchr Win User
    Samsung Printer ML 2010 and Window 10

When I upgraded to Windows 10 my Samsung ML-2010 initially worked fine. However, after upgrading the driver to "Samsung Universal Print Driver 3" (via the Windows 10 recommendation) my 2010 lost the ability for duplex printing, selecting "toner save" via
    software, and turned it into a basic printer. Samsung Canada help chat suggested I wait for a new driver, but I'm not holding my breath.

In short, if your ML-2010 is currently working OK do NOT install the "Universal Print Driver 3" for Windows 10, or your printer will lose some functionality.

PnnyPnchr, Mar 18, 2016
  4. no1yak Win User

Looking at your printer spec, the print driver is not available for win 10. I don't use a laser printer only inkjet so I'm not familiar with your set up. With dark prints compared to on screen it would indicate that the monitor is over bright and a monitor calibration was required. Sorry, not much help - I know. Win 10 has a native driver for the ML 1610, have you tried that?

• OS Compatibility

Windows 2000 / XP / Vista / 7 / 2003 Server / 2008 Server, Mac OS X 10.3 ~ 10.6, Various Linux OS

no1yak, Mar 18, 2016
  5. bobkn Win User
    I'm not sure that's correct.

ML-1670 16PPM Mono Laser Printer (ML-1670/XEU) | Support | SAMSUNG UK

The Windows driver isn't specifically listed for 10, but some of the files in the installer appear to be newer than the release date of Win 10.

If the proper drivers are in place, I don't know why the printer calibration would be off. Nothing like that happened with my two Brother lasers.

bobkn, Mar 19, 2016
  6. -Don't know about laser, 'cause I only print ink, but for ink I would work first on monitor calibration, as this must be right before you can do any compensation or adjustment on the output end. Is your monitor well calibrated?

DaveGrant01, Mar 19, 2016
  7. Jiia Win User
    Yes. It's a Dell Ultrasharp U3415W IPS-monitor and it's been factory calibrated and re-calibrated with Spyder 3 Pro. The black point of a linear gradient going from white to black is way off in the prints and no monitor calibration can explain that.

That's wrong. On the printer's official support page there is a download link for the Universal Print Driver 3 which indicates support for Windows 10. I have the latest driver installed.

I was wondering if there was a way in Windows to override the default printing color profile.

8. eLPuSHeR Win User

Does printer driver show some options for controlling halftones?

eLPuSHeR, Mar 20, 2016
  9. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

what program are you using for printing -- for example PHOTOSHOP can set up various profiles and use those instead of the default printer driver profiles. If you have Photoshop (Or similar) try experimenting with some of the printing settings. Look for something like ICC profiles.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Mar 20, 2016
  10. fili Win User
    Hi, I have the same problem, so have registered in case someone comes up with other suggestions.

Same printer and same OS as you. I needed to print a PDF that contained text and an image and the image comes up almost totally black. I have decreased the brightness and contrast of the monitors (I use 2) and had the same result. Then I opened the PDF with Photoshop and when printing from Photoshop I chose that Photoshop manages the colours. The image came out a bit lighter, but still far too dark.
    I have then found a YouTube video about resetting the printer, however have not done that, as it appears to be the solution to a different problem i.e. that the printer gets blocked.
    Cheers

Thema:

1. Prints are way too dark on Win10, works fine on Win7 (Samsung ML-1670) - Similar Threads - Prints are too

2. Samsung laserprinter ML-1520

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Samsung laserprinter ML-1520: Dear,I have a Samsung laserprinter ML-1520. After i print a document, a red light appears next to "on Line/ Error". When i turn the printer off and wait 30 minutes to turn it back on, i can print 1 document again before the red light appears. Anyone who can help me please?...
  3. Samsung laserprinter ML-1520

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Samsung laserprinter ML-1520: Dear,I have a Samsung laserprinter ML-1520. After i print a document, a red light appears next to "on Line/ Error". When i turn the printer off and wait 30 minutes to turn it back on, i can print 1 document again before the red light appears. Anyone who can help me please?...
  4. Samsung laserprinter ML-1520

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Any Way to Download Win7 Antivirus for Win10?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Any Way to Download Win7 Antivirus for Win10?: I know it's outdated and crappy, i don't care. With that out of the way, any site that hosts Windows 7's pre installed antivirus that I could install for Windows 10? Thanks. 173199
  6. samsung ml 1660 printer stopped printing on both sides

samsung ml 1660 printer stopped printing on both sides: I my printer stopped prionting on both sides. It used to do it, and there is nothing I'm doing that works, I installed the printer sofware and drivers. My version of windows is windows 10 pro version 2004 os built 19041.508 windows feature experience pack 120.2212..31.0...
  7. Win10/Win7 Print Networking Problem

Win10/Win7 Print Networking Problem: I have a home network that was set up with all win7 machines and a HP LaserJet 4050 lpt printer attached to one of them. All machines had access thru the network to this one printer. I recently purchased a new win10 computer (Dell Precision 3630) to which I have attached the...
  8. Windows 10 Mail will not print to my Samsung ML-2545 printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Mail will not print to my Samsung ML-2545 printer: Hi, I needed to print an e-mail today, plus some of it's attachments. The attachments were pdf's and I saved and printed them from Foxit PDF, fine. When I tried to print the e-mail from the Mail app it would not print to "Samsung ML-2540 Series (USB002)". I found an...
  9. Samsung ML 1740 prints photos too dark but prints invoices very well . I'm confused !

Samsung ML 1740 prints photos too dark but prints invoices very well . I'm confused !: Samsung ML 1740 prints photos too dark but prints typed letters & invoices quite well . Using Windows 10 and this is NOT a laser printer . Thanks !...
  10. is it fine to mix Win7 and Win10 ADMX/L templates?

in Windows 10 Support
    is it fine to mix Win7 and Win10 ADMX/L templates?: i have 2008 R2 domain with some Win7 clients and now Win10 1803 clients. my gpo is still catering for Win7 clients and i want to include or provide gpo controls for Win10 clients. is it safe to overwrite my current policydefinitions with the ADMX/S files from a Win10 1803...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. samaung 1670 printing too dark

2. nu vot