Windows 10: Privacy - howto background apps query

Discus and support Privacy - howto background apps query in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I wanted to turn off Edge, so went to settings / privacy - and clicked on running background apps. My other pc's show a fairly comprehensive list, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Skofab, May 17, 2018.

1. Skofab Win User

Privacy - howto background apps query

I wanted to turn off Edge, so went to settings / privacy - and clicked on running background apps.
    My other pc's show a fairly comprehensive list, but this Windows 10. 32 bit laptop shows just one entry for Skype.
    Any thoughts how I can restore the anticipated list.
    Thanks

:)

Skofab, May 17, 2018

2. Problem in Background app restrictions

Hello MSFT,

Some certain apps like WhatsApp are not listed in my "Background apps" under Privacy settings and apps which listed, are not being able to restrict. Those apps are still sending push notifications. A few apps are showing twice or thrice at there

AnupamKaler, May 18, 2018
  3. Jomel Ber Win User
    Apps only run as background pocesses

Hi Carmine,

To manage background apps in Windows 10, you can follow these steps:

• Go to Start menu and select Settings.
    • Click on Privacy on the Settings window.
    • Scroll down to the bottom of the list and select Background apps.
    • You’ll see a list of apps that have permission to run in the background with an
      On/Off toggle.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Jomel Ber, May 18, 2018
Thema:

Privacy - howto background apps query

1. Privacy - howto background apps query - Similar Threads - Privacy howto background

2. Background Intelligent Transfer Service Query

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Background Intelligent Transfer Service Query: Hi,Is it normal behaviour for the Background Intelligent Transfer service to change from "Manual" to "Auto" and vice-versa on Windows Server? This appears to be consitently every 10 minutes or so....
  3. Background Intelligent Transfer Service Query

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Background Intelligent Transfer Service Query: Hi,Is it normal behaviour for the Background Intelligent Transfer service to change from "Manual" to "Auto" and vice-versa on Windows Server? This appears to be consitently every 10 minutes or so....
  4. What is Background app setting on privacy setting?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What is Background app setting on privacy setting?: Hi Sirs, may I check what is the background app setting for on privacy setting? What does it benefit? Can it spoil the laptops or computers, if I turn each of them off?...
  5. Settings/Privacy/Background Apps always crashes when selected

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings/Privacy/Background Apps always crashes when selected: Was trying to get Your Phone working on Desktop machine (AMD-64, Insider slow May 1903 updated today). It all works fine on my SPro4 (same version of windows). Following advice on windows site to check settings in Privacy/Background Apps only results in repeated crashes of...
  6. Need an howto

in Windows 10 News
    Need an howto: Want to rename an *.exe to exchange it with another, but Windows says No. The question is, how i can get full access for all my files without using a Linux or another Unix?
  7. Photo App privacy

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Photo App privacy: Hi, if I use Photo app in Win 10 without log in OneDrive is totally offline? Microsoft not sending any data from computer (photos, thumbnails, photos data)? How recognition works? There is no profling of users data? Cheers!...
  8. query on messaging app

query on messaging app: my messaging app cant receive messages from my cellular network like it used to do, what maybe the problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-win_people/query-on-messaging-app/66f13ae3-3877-490f-af1a-5e1db80b8a9e
  9. Privacy - background apps query

Privacy - background apps query: I wanted to turn off Edge, so went to settings / privacy - and clicked on running background apps. My other pc's show a fairly comprehensive list, but this Windows 10. 32 bit laptop shows just one entry for Skype. Any thoughts how I can restore the anticipated list. Thanks...
  10. Apps keep running in the background, even when disabled in "Privacy"

Apps keep running in the background, even when disabled in "Privacy": Some of my windows apps are running in the background even when i have disabled everyone of them in Privacy/Background Apps settings... They just start up randomly, at the same tame (as far as I know) I tried turning them on and off just to check if maybe it didn't save or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. privacy background apps

2. settings>privacy>backgrouond apps