Windows 10: PRIVACY ... in the new Win 10 mail app

Discus and support PRIVACY ... in the new Win 10 mail app in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I really like the new look of the Win 10 mail app program. I've read however, that it sends the email contents to MS. Correct me if I'm wrong. That may... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Probe, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Probe Win User

PRIVACY ... in the new Win 10 mail app

I really like the new look of the Win 10 mail app program. I've read however, that it sends the email contents to MS. Correct me if I'm wrong. That may only be if you have a MS account and using Live.com or Outlook email, I'm not sure.

So, for now it looks like I will have to stay with Thunderbird (which looks like its still in the Vista days). "Pity" as the Brits say, would have liked to use the new mail program that came with Win 10..

:)

Probe, Aug 15, 2015

2. Mail app doesn't confgure after Win 8.1 to Win 10 upgrade.

I did an Win 8.1 to Win 10 upgrade yesterday. The winmetro.imap.mail.yahoo.com settings that were working in 8.1 did not port to 10. The Win 10 mail app would not locate the *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. Went through 7 MS first tier support techs to no avail. Rolled
    back the upgrade to Win 8.1 and mail app is working as before. Anyone resolve this issue yet?

David Boucher, Aug 15, 2015
  3. Remove Obsolete/Misspelled Auto-Complete Entry in Windows 10 Mail App

I've got to get out of email hell. I do this every couple of months. Enter a new email address e.g. *** Email address is removed for privacy *** i try to get the address to come up by typing in "bill" but the new address does not show up. So I search the address out using the people app
    and click on *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. What happens is a mail is sent to *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and the mail fails. Several swear works are spoken.

I try to send a new message. I type in "bill" *** Email address is removed for privacy *** comes up in autocomplete. More swear words are spoken. And MS still has not fixed the delete function.

Is thunderbird a viable option i.e. does it work unlike WIN 10 mail? Seriously, I need recommendations for a new mail client.

Dscullyman, Aug 15, 2015
Thema:

PRIVACY ... in the new Win 10 mail app

1. PRIVACY ... in the new Win 10 mail app - Similar Threads - PRIVACY mail app

2. Where is the compose new mail in the mail app?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Where is the compose new mail in the mail app?: I know this sounds dumb, but after the last update a couple of days ago, I can no longer find the compose new mail link in the mail app. I use windows 10 64 pro. After all the things I had to repair after the last update, I am not really surprised to find this problem. I...
  3. Issue with Win 10 Mail and People App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with Win 10 Mail and People App: Hi all, I have recently switched to Win 10 Mail, once you understand how it works it is not too bad, but it is a steep learning curve if you are used to Windows Live Mail. I had two Microsoft Mail accounts, Live.com and Outlook.com, both with different contact lists. To...
  4. Can't open win 10 mail app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't open win 10 mail app: The mail app is installed but it says it can't be opened. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-win-10-mail-app/be954bd7-8d3f-4f00-aa12-e5c3d9d5e335
  5. Photo App privacy

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Photo App privacy: Hi, if I use Photo app in Win 10 without log in OneDrive is totally offline? Microsoft not sending any data from computer (photos, thumbnails, photos data)? How recognition works? There is no profling of users data? Cheers!...
  6. Photo App privacy

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Photo App privacy: Hi, if I use Photo app in Win 10 without log in OneDrive is totally offline? Microsoft not sending any data from computer (photos, thumbnails, photos data)? How recognition works? There is no profling of users data? Cheers!...
  7. New mail app

in Browsers and Email
    New mail app: Decided to dump the windows live mail and use the new mail app in windows 10,Got it working okay with both my emails. 1.outlook.co 2.gmail.com Both worked okay,So trying to adjust the settings to have a notification on new mail.But totally got confused followed the info...
  8. New Mail App and Notifcation

in Browsers and Email
    New Mail App and Notifcation: Love the new Mail app and Notification in Windows 10. At last can have all my mail under one roof without using a third party app like I was doing and sometimes freezing. Got it working lovely with Outlook. gmail & yahoo, also facebook & twitter. So just a big thank you to...
  9. Mail & Calendar App in Win 10 CU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail & Calendar App in Win 10 CU: The windows app will not launch when accessed. Below is what I get: [img] I go to the store as directed and get this: [img] Then I get this over and over and over: [img] I ran Sfc /SCANNOW and the results are below [img] The only way to...
  10. Win 10 Privacy Issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Privacy Issues: I recently received an email stating that Win 10 Privacy Statement essentially gives permission to MS to log any/all information obtained from a user and do anything with it including selling the info. This apparently includes email, browser views etc. I did not believe...