Windows 10: PRIVACY ... in the new Win 10 mail app

Discus and support PRIVACY ... in the new Win 10 mail app in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I really like the new look of the Win 10 mail app program. I've read however, that it sends the email contents to MS. Correct me if I'm wrong. That may... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Probe, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Probe Win User

PRIVACY ... in the new Win 10 mail app

I really like the new look of the Win 10 mail app program. I've read however, that it sends the email contents to MS. Correct me if I'm wrong. That may only be if you have a MS account and using Live.com or Outlook email, I'm not sure.

So, for now it looks like I will have to stay with Thunderbird (which looks like its still in the Vista days). "Pity" as the Brits say, would have liked to use the new mail program that came with Win 10..

:)

Probe, Aug 15, 2015

2. Mail app doesn't confgure after Win 8.1 to Win 10 upgrade.

I did an Win 8.1 to Win 10 upgrade yesterday. The winmetro.imap.mail.yahoo.com settings that were working in 8.1 did not port to 10. The Win 10 mail app would not locate the *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. Went through 7 MS first tier support techs to no avail. Rolled
    back the upgrade to Win 8.1 and mail app is working as before. Anyone resolve this issue yet?

David Boucher, Aug 15, 2015
  3. Remove Obsolete/Misspelled Auto-Complete Entry in Windows 10 Mail App

I've got to get out of email hell. I do this every couple of months. Enter a new email address e.g. *** Email address is removed for privacy *** i try to get the address to come up by typing in "bill" but the new address does not show up. So I search the address out using the people app
    and click on *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. What happens is a mail is sent to *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and the mail fails. Several swear works are spoken.

I try to send a new message. I type in "bill" *** Email address is removed for privacy *** comes up in autocomplete. More swear words are spoken. And MS still has not fixed the delete function.

Is thunderbird a viable option i.e. does it work unlike WIN 10 mail? Seriously, I need recommendations for a new mail client.

Dscullyman, Aug 15, 2015
Thema:

PRIVACY ... in the new Win 10 mail app

1. PRIVACY ... in the new Win 10 mail app - Similar Threads - PRIVACY mail app

2. Win 10 Mail App Question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 Mail App Question: Some might say, arguably, this is a Juno problem. But as I have the Windows 10 Mail app on several devices, desktop and laptop I'll start here until chased off. I have Juno mail on the Win 10 Mail app on one device and it works. I've now tried to add Juno to the Win 10 laptop...
  3. Win 10 Mail App Question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 Mail App Question: Some might say, arguably, this is a Juno problem. But as I have the Windows 10 Mail app on several devices, desktop and laptop I'll start here until chased off. I have Juno mail on the Win 10 Mail app on one device and it works. I've now tried to add Juno to the Win 10 laptop...
  4. Win 10 Mail and Calendar app

Win 10 Mail and Calendar app: 2 problems relating to Yahoo mail account in "Mail and Calendar" app:1. Some emails appear in a format that is larger than the given viewable area and cannot be viewed in their entirety. Is there a way to reconfigure these emails to fit the available space?2. Some emails...
  5. Win 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 Mail app: I have trouble viewing in Mail on my desktop images sent embedded in messages from a friend's Iphone. Quite often the images are so large that only a small portion greatly enlarged is visible. Often they are shown rotated 90 degrees as well. I don't get messages from other...
  6. Win 10 Mail app

Win 10 Mail app: I have trouble viewing in Mail on my desktop images sent embedded in messages from a friend's Iphone. Quite often the images are so large that only a small portion greatly enlarged is visible. Often they are shown rotated 90 degrees as well. I don't get messages from other...
  7. Win 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 Mail app: I have created folders in the More folders tab. Ex: Bank folder, then when I get mail in my *** Email address is removed for privacy *** account from my bank that I have processed I can use theMove command to move it to More, Bank folder ans archive it there. I have been...
  8. Win 10 Mail App folders

Win 10 Mail App folders: I've asked a lot of times the following question but no one at MS will answer, so I'm making a new post to see if this can make them respond: I set up whatever the app is called that comes with Win10 to handle mail no - it's not Outlook, its the Mail app that comes w/Win10...
  9. Is there a FIX for Win 10 Mail App not showing New Mail Notifications ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a FIX for Win 10 Mail App not showing New Mail Notifications ?: I have been searching the forums here and Google looking at every article I could find on this subject , and everything I find is a couple years old , what I am looking for is a FIX , for the Win 10 Mail App on my new to me PC , it has a fresh install/reset of Win 10 Home...
  10. New Lenovo W\ Win 10; Privacy Concerns

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New Lenovo W\ Win 10; Privacy Concerns: Hey everyone, I just ordered a new Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 Home 64. Now I've been using a locked down \ modded version of 7 Home 64 for years. Now the reason I say locked down \ modded, is because a round of updates from years before were considered to be a bit...