Windows 10: Privacy settings in 1803 - Help me understand.

Discus and support Privacy settings in 1803 - Help me understand. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In Windows 1803, there are some new privacy settings, Documents, Pictures, Video and File System. These all now have a global setting for access to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by elbeasto, May 20, 2018.

1. elbeasto Win User

Privacy settings in 1803 - Help me understand.

In Windows 1803, there are some new privacy settings, Documents, Pictures, Video and File System.

These all now have a global setting for access to said locations via apps under a heading of allow blah blah on this device.

Directly under said setting there's a global setting for apps to access blah blah.

That's one thing I don't understand. Having two settings that as far as I can tell do exactly the same thing.

Secondly, I have access to my file system on this device and all apps turned off, yet I can still copy and paste things and install things. So what exactly is being denied access here?

Please explain this to me because I'm way too stupid to understand the description in Settings.

I also have access to Calendar and Contacts turned off yet Mail and Calender work fine. It's just that now it complains that it doesn't have access to Calendar and Contacts and prompts me to change my privacy settings every time I open Calendar or Mail and I have to click 'Dismiss' on the yellow ribbon that appears at the top of the app.

Thanks.

:)

elbeasto, May 20, 2018

2. Windows 10 feedback privacy setting

Hello,

Thank you for posting your question in Microsoft Community.

I would appreciate, if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better?

• What is the exact issue that you are facing with feedback privacy settings?

In the mean time, I would suggest you to follow the article given below and check.

Windows 10 feedback, diagnostics, and privacy: FAQ

Hope this helps. Please let us know if you need any further assistance. We will be glad to help you.

Ashish Sondhi, May 20, 2018
  3. When I upload photos or updates to Facebook, the default privacy setting is "only me".

First, I would strongly suggest filing out this report to
    file a privacy issue with Facebook

Windows Phone should use the privacy settings set on Facebook. Some steps to try to get this account back in a good state…

• Go to the
      Facebook Privacy Settings page
    • Toggle from “Friends” to “Custom” to “Public” and back again to “Friends”. The simple action of toggling the privacy settings may reset the inheritance. This may take several times for the specific settings to stick from browser and then finally sync to
      the phone.
    • After each change, go to Settings > Email+Accounts, tap-and-hold Facebook and tap Sync.
    Or, if that doesn’t work try this…

• Go to Facebook.com and log in from your PC.
    • On the top-right of the page, click the downward arrow next to Home and click Account Settings.
    • Click Security. Next to Secure Browsing, click Edit and deselect “Browse Facebook on a secure connection (https) when possible”.Note: this is just temporary, you can change it back after you complete the rest of the steps below.
    • Go to the Windows Phone on Facebook page:
      http://apps.facebook.com/7933375107/?ref=ts
      . Note: it will appear like an empty page, but refresh it a number of times until…
    • When you go to http://facebook.com you see the “Windows Phone” app on the left-hand sidebar under APPS.
    • Click the pencil icon next to “Windows Phone” and click Edit Settings. Scroll down to “Posts on your behalf” and ensure it’s set appropriately.

OR, try this:

Let us know if this works or not.

Mike Mongeau, May 20, 2018
Thema:

Privacy settings in 1803 - Help me understand.

1. Privacy settings in 1803 - Help me understand. - Similar Threads - Privacy settings 1803

2. Help me understand Bugcheck Analysis

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help me understand Bugcheck Analysis: I've been experiencing issues with my PC recently. While playing games It randomly turns off both of my monitors simultaneously, followed by a freeze of the entire system. I've checked my PC's temperature, and it doesn't seem to be the cause of the problem.These incidents can...
  3. Help me understand Bugcheck Analysis

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help me understand Bugcheck Analysis: I've been experiencing issues with my PC recently. While playing games It randomly turns off both of my monitors simultaneously, followed by a freeze of the entire system. I've checked my PC's temperature, and it doesn't seem to be the cause of the problem.These incidents can...
  4. Help me understand whats wrong

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help me understand whats wrong: Hi. I capture this on my wireshark but i never installed dropbox since fresh OS install. But still it makes connections to it. And also it makes connections to "M-Search ssdp discovery dial multiscreen" from google chrome that i have uninstalled but it still makes those...
  5. Microsoft privacy settings help

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft privacy settings help: I'm just trying to get to the page to change the privacy settings to allow my account to join a realm on Minecraft and I keep getting send to the same page or like 20 other useless pages. please help...
  6. Privacy Settings Help

Privacy Settings Help: So i dont own a xbox but my friend does and i wanted to play on his realm with my pc but when i accept invite it says i dont have permission to play online and i need to edit privacy settings so i click link to do that and it sends me to a page with no option of clicking...
  7. Help me understand if this is a risk

Help me understand if this is a risk: Hi. Please check my picture and tell me im not being hacked/spied on. I inserted text information to the picture and by what i read it seems like im compromised. But i need you to confirm. I'll give you more info if you need it. Both processes are running in system32 folder....
  8. Help me understand File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Help me understand File Explorer: [img] This is confusing to me. I'd like to have just one thing above This PC. Is there some way to combine Quick access, OneDrive, and Libraries into one item. What's the best way to manage this is W 10? Would also be nice then to be able to expand an item to see what...
  9. Windows 10 Privacy issues please help me understand

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Privacy issues please help me understand: I read the 12,000 words agreement which told me that without a warant or any court order that Microsoft under there own rules, since they do not infringe on indiviuals rights as they are a corporation, can do what the wish with all ans any data on my computer inclind reading...
  10. Help me understand SQL Server

in Windows 10 Support
    Help me understand SQL Server: While trying to understand intermittent freezes in my Windows 10 that require hard reboots to recover from I was looking at my event viewer trying to find the culprit. Although I have not yet narrowed down the problem (there are several different errors) I came across several...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows10 privacy Diagnostics feedback 1803

2. setting privacy windows10 1803

3. privacy options 1803