Privacyi issues with Windows 10 April 2018 update

Discus and support Privacyi issues with Windows 10 April 2018 update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; As part of my automatic updates settings, I just got updated with the Windows 10 April 2018 update. With all the new "features" I worry about the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Curious, Jul 3, 2018.

1. Curious Win User

As part of my automatic updates settings, I just got updated with the Windows 10 April 2018 update. With all the new "features" I worry about the privacy issues these features must create. Can someone more knowledgeable than me tell me what additional privacy risks these new features are creatng and - more importantly - how do I prevent whatever new data they leak to Microsoft?

Also is the update known to change any of the settings present before the update?

Thank you.

:)

Curious, Jul 3, 2018
  2. biffzinker Win User

Microsoft blocks Windows 10 April Update for Intel SSD 600p Series

Microsoft is blocking some Intel SSDs from installing the April 2018 Update after discovering an incompatibility issue that causes performance and stability issues. In short, the problem was explained by Microsoft as: “When attempting to upgrade to Window 10 April 2018 Update select devices with certain Intel SSDs may enter a UEFI screen reboot or crash repeatedly.” Microsoft says that this issue has no workaround and that those that have attempted to update Windows 10 to the Windows 10 April 2018 Update should revert back to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update version 1709.

Unfortunately, the announcement by Microsoft fails to list what specific Intel SSD models are having issues with the OS update. We contacted Intel and discovered that the Intel SSD 600p Series of client drives that was first introduced to the market in 2016 is the most popular drive that is having issues.

Source: Legit Reviews

biffzinker, Jul 3, 2018
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Windows 10 April 2018 Update(SCU) Partially Breaks MKV File Support?

I updated to main computer to the April 2018 Update, AKA Spring Creators Update, and it seems like they've taken a step backward with MKV file support. When I go into the properties of an MKV file on the Fall Creators Update, if I go to the details tab it gives me a bunch of detail about he media file, like resolution, framerate, audio information and bitrate. However, if I go into the same file's properties on the April 2018 Update, almost all of the information is blank, it only gives me a runtime and bitrate.

I really just want to confirm that this isn't just my computer and other's are experiencing the same thing.

FCU:

Privacyi issues with Windows 10 April 2018 update fcu-png.png

April 2018 Update:

Privacyi issues with Windows 10 April 2018 update scu-png.png

newtekie1, Jul 3, 2018
  4. Drone Win User
Thema:

1. Privacyi issues with Windows 10 April 2018 update - Similar Threads - Privacyi issues April

2. Rd Remote desktop issue accessing computer from outside the network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rd Remote desktop issue accessing computer from outside the network: Remote desktop works perfectly in network..When i try to access outside network( main reason i need it at all)..1st it told me that The server certificate was not trusted so I found the certificate and I uploaded to the trusted certificates ...So that problem is solved and...
  3. Update KB4345421, does this fix the Dolby Sound and other issues with feature update 1803?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update KB4345421, does this fix the Dolby Sound and other issues with feature update 1803?: I just noticed this update last night. I set my WiFi to Metered Connection as to not automatically download updates. I would like to know if this cumulative update fixes the issue some of us are having with the 1803 build, namely Dolby Audio being broken, and the system...
  4. Rd Remote desktop issue accessing computer from outside the network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Rd Remote desktop issue accessing computer from outside the network: Hello so I have my desktop computer and my laptop I am able to access my desktop computer from my laptop on the network but when I go outside the network at first it was telling me the server is not a trusted certificate so I uploaded the server as a trusted certificate now...
  5. Windows 10 and Transparency Issues (Build 1803)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 and Transparency Issues (Build 1803): Hello, I was talking with a buddy of mine and he was running into an issue with task view. Any time he would enter task view his desktop would be lost or stop refreshing at around 1/3 down from the top. The issue was exacerbated when he would click the desktop view icon...
  6. Battery issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery issue: How long can I use my laptop? Can I use it without the battery? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/battery-issue/42443835-26a0-4caa-b371-771538468540
  7. Network Issues (Internet but wifi symbol shows no signal)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Issues (Internet but wifi symbol shows no signal): This is the weirdest problem For awhile I have had internet but the wifi on the bottom right corner shows that there is no signal, I have full internet capabilities except I can't log into my Microsoft account through the apps. For example I can't update my computer and I...
  8. Epson XP-420 printer issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Epson XP-420 printer issues: I bought a new laptop in February. I installed my Epson XP-420 printer shortly after receiving the laptop. At that point both the printer and scanner functioned . After the last update on 7-11-18 the scanner no longer functions. When I click on scan I get a message that tells...
  9. Privacy issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Privacy issue: Why is it that my profile picture is on the internet? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/privacy-issue/32b4b6bf-b790-4b6e-9e2c-ed4afd2911be
  10. Windows Update Issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update Issue: My laptop is taking too long to get update. It's still updating since last 2 days. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/windows-update-issue/1564e145-74bd-4f2d-bd47-82bef6e60fa8