Windows 10: Private Browsing

Discus and support Private Browsing in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello, Sometimes I get from Chrome browser a notice about private browsing, to install some add-on to the browser, as on attached screenshot. I am... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Motim, Dec 1, 2017.

1. Motim Win User

Private Browsing

Hello,
    Sometimes I get from Chrome browser a notice about private browsing, to install some add-on to the browser, as on attached screenshot.
    I am asking the experts, what is it, is it safe to install, should I install it ?
    Answers will be appreciated.
    Thanks

:)

Motim, Dec 1, 2017

2. in private browsing

As does Internet explorer hence the question and had you done more than 19 posts in 4 years your might be aware that you are ONLY supposed to reply to the thread starter and not take it OT.

Code of conduct says

Private Browsing [​IMG]

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Dec 1, 2017
  3. In Private Browsing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will assist you with this.

I would suggest you to clear all the browsing history and check if the issue still persists.

Please refer the link below to clear browsing history in Edge.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/view-delete-browsing-history-microsoft-edge

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further. Thank you.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Dec 1, 2017
  4. Private Browsing

Hi Motim

Myself I would not install. If you want to browse privately in Chrome, click three dots upper right, then "New Incognito window" or just press CRTL+SHIFT+N

If you don't want Google to track your searches use the search engine DuckDuckGo. I use it. It is a solid search engine. Every so often I do use Google for a few more results.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Dec 1, 2017
Thema:

Private Browsing

1. Private Browsing - Similar Threads - Private Browsing

2. Q Firewall settings: Is it ok to change any existing 'public' setting to private?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Q Firewall settings: Is it ok to change any existing 'public' setting to private?: Hello, I took a look at my access-list in the Windows Firewall settings and was surprised how many things were put to public instead of private (or were both selected). I installed a fresh Windows 10 yesterday and I barely had any requests yet from programs for access...
  3. Windows 10 Private Network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Private Network: How do I make my Windows 10 computer visible to other computers on my home network ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-private-network/e56997e6-c426-4545-af88-4d6ab446bce3
  4. How do I create a edge browser to open in private mode?

in Browsers and Email
    How do I create a edge browser to open in private mode?: IE can shortcut can be created to open in private browsing mode. example: "C:\Program files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplorer.exe" -private. 141958
  5. Browsing in private

in Browsers and Email
    Browsing in private: I have never used browsing in private so my question is would you recommend that I use this function. Thanks 125775
  6. Browsing in private

in Windows 10 Support
    Browsing in private: I have never used browsing in private so my question is would you recommend that I use this function. Thanks 125775
  7. in private browsing

in Browsers and Email
    in private browsing: How to turn off in private browsing in edge, windows 10 home 64 bit, 1709 105479
  8. private browsing

in Browsers and Email
    private browsing: I cant find any setting to make Microsoft edge open as a private browser by default. 11344
  9. Window crashes when I go private browsing

in Windows 10 Support
    Window crashes when I go private browsing: Hi, My computer is crashing again especially when I go private. 71598
  10. Microsoft’s Edge browser may be storing private browsing data

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft’s Edge browser may be storing private browsing data: When Microsoft’s Edge browser arrived this summer alongside Windows 10, it was seen as a major step forward, incorporating new features like Cortana Assist alongside tricks that had become popular elsewhere, like Reading List and the new InPrivate browsing mode. But now,...