Windows 10: private owner of enterprise win10 Pro Laptop needs media for reinstall

Discus and support private owner of enterprise win10 Pro Laptop needs media for reinstall in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Cannot get media without an enterprise account but I am just an individual who bought the laptop in a sale, worked fine until Update 1803 apparently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by {splork}, Aug 2, 2018.

1. {splork} Win User

private owner of enterprise win10 Pro Laptop needs media for reinstall

Cannot get media without an enterprise account but I am just an individual who bought the laptop in a sale,

worked fine until Update 1803 apparently broke the installation and following update fails with Error Code 0x80073712

System gets unresponsive as time goes on.

improves if left alone for a while.

DISM completed with restore health option

SFC found no errors

Freestanding installer for kb4338819 fails.

Freestanding installer for kb4343669 does not install

Freestanding installer for kb4345421 also fails.

Renamed the SoftwareDistribution folder.

Now update fails with Error Code 0x80070020

At this juncture I would like to reinstall but have no media. Can get the keys from the system.

Any help in locating a downloadable image?? Does it need to match source to key?

Suggestions solicited

:)

{splork}, Aug 2, 2018
  2. sbpetrack Win User

Downgrading Windows 10 enterprise to pro

The procedure is a bit arcane, but I have managed to convert an Enterprise Evaluation to Pro, doing it in two steps: EnterpriseEval to Enterprise (unactivated); then Enterprise (unactivated) to Pro. Details here.

(Note to the moderator/owner: apologies if this is not an appropriate post for this thread, in which case I thank you for deleting it. I posted only to update/correct the assertion quoted above.)

sbpetrack, Aug 2, 2018
  3. meijereh Win User
    windows 10 enterprise updates not installing on private laptop

I bought a HP laptop via the internet and it came with windows 10 enterprise (no idea why) The problem with enterprise is that it will not install any updates, it keeps telling me to contact the system manager. If there is a solution for that I can keep the enterprise version. Any suggestions?
    Otherwise I would like to downgrade to Windows 10 professional or home. What are the options for that?

meijereh, Aug 2, 2018
  4. JustinWuB Win User

Win10 Enterprise reboot immediately once opening TMT3

I wish I could install Win 10 Pro if it's more compatible with my hardware. I first upgrade Win7 to Win10 Pro, but I got a wireless driver issue that the system just could not recongize Netgear A6210. Then I decided to reinstall to Win10 Enterprise, because I tried Win10 Pro last time. Then I met another issue that my internal drives was treated as mobile storage so that they were in the Safely Remove Hardware list. I revised the registry to fix it. Now I got the TMT3 issue.

See I have just sorted out everything on the new system. Sign...

JustinWuB, Aug 2, 2018
Thema:

1. private owner of enterprise win10 Pro Laptop needs media for reinstall - Similar Threads - private owner enterprise

2. reinstal Win10 media player.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    reinstal Win10 media player.: I was having a lot of trouble with win10 media player on my desktop pc so I decided to uninstal/reinstal it. I uninstalled it but nowhere can I now find anyway of reinstalling. Note I did not disable, I uninstalled it....
  3. reinstal Win10 media player.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    reinstal Win10 media player.: I was having a lot of trouble with win10 media player on my desktop pc so I decided to uninstal/reinstal it. I uninstalled it but nowhere can I now find anyway of reinstalling. Note I did not disable, I uninstalled it....
  4. Win10 Enterprise to Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 Enterprise to Pro: Hello everyone.I have an old pc to be recycled that slmgr -dli shows as a retail channel linked to my microsoft account - so has a digital license product key. I believe it had win7 that was upgraded to win 10 pro. I also have a pc that my university allowed me to keep when I...
  5. Win10 Enterprise to Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 Enterprise to Pro: Hello everyone.I have an old pc to be recycled that slmgr -dli shows as a retail channel linked to my microsoft account - so has a digital license product key. I believe it had win7 that was upgraded to win 10 pro. I also have a pc that my university allowed me to keep when I...
  6. Win10 Enterprise to Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  7. Win10 Pro & Enterprise to Win10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB File Share

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win10 Pro & Enterprise to Win10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB File Share: So I found a strange file sharing behavior (sharing set to password protected sharing), point to point network shown as public network on both platforms, where a login screen for PC using windows explorer will not spawn and using TCP\IP as address, ex. "\\192.168.3.7" in...
  8. Win10 pro become Win10 enterprise

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 pro become Win10 enterprise: I was using win10 home and had a key for win10 pro. I redeemed it and tried to download win10pro from windows store but it keeps having error. I restarted my computer and surprisingly found my Win10 home become Win10 enterprise. How can i fix it ?...
  9. Reinstalled Win10 with USB media. No longer have Pro?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstalled Win10 with USB media. No longer have Pro?: I had a computer that had Win10 Pro. I believe it was corrupted by malicious files. I did a clean reinstall with a USB drive I made using the media creation tool. After installing Windows 10 it now has Home edition and not Pro like it had before. What went wrong? I've...
  10. Win10 Pro Updated to Enterprise and need to recover my Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 Pro Updated to Enterprise and need to recover my Key: Hi... About a month ago, I built a PC: MSI X570; Ryzen 3800X; 32GB Corsair 3200Mhz RAM; RTX 2070 Super-8GB VRAM, 32GB RAM; SSD 970 EVO 500GB NvME; SSD 860 QVO 2TB; and installed win10 pro. No issues. Authenticated the Key. Issues of constant restarting appeared and got...