Windows 10: Probably the strangest case you've ever heard

Discus and support Probably the strangest case you've ever heard in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I've had this issue upgrading Windows 10 getting frozen on certain % at any random time. But, this time I decided to look at my hard drive activity... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Bluechill911, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Probably the strangest case you've ever heard

So I've had this issue upgrading Windows 10 getting frozen on certain % at any random time. But, this time I decided to look at my hard drive activity LED. If i move my mouse which is in the 3.0 slot which I didn't even install drivers for, the light goes on for 5-30 seconds and stops.
    The thing is though, when it stops blinking, it won't start again until I move my mouse. Mind you, I once left it on 0% for 7 straight hours with no progress. Here I am now, 10 minutes in, with 10% I know this may seem sketchy, but it's the truth, and ib won't argue with it.

:)

Bluechill911, Aug 17, 2015
  2. philelmes Win User

You've probably heard this before...

can i ask then why would a microsoft support agent on livechat send me here if this is not an official microsoft site? and maybe you should charge microsoft for sorting out customer problems.

philelmes, Aug 17, 2015
  3. philelmes Win User
    You've probably heard this before...

I have a Nokia Lumia 800, windows mobile 7.5 os.

How do i put media files on without using additional software (zune) and how do i transfer pdf's? I understand that i can transfer pdf's via skydrive, but why should i use extra software to complete this task? 6.5 version windows mobile had this capability
    so why have the R+D department developed 7.5 wrongly?

It takes far too long to transfer pdf this way compared to my wifes samsung android os, which is plain and simple drag and drop.

Why must i use Zune to transfer media files? I have a windows pc, i have usb cable and i have a windows mobile phone, so again, why is this not possible? It's the shortest route available and yet R+D dept have made the whole process slower with additional
    FREE software. Why bother to spend money on funding a software program that actually takes longer than it did with previous wm versions, instead of transfer direct via usb? I'm no genius, but i like to think that if i was in your job (if any microsoft guys
    actually visit this forum) i would endear to make software work quicker and to use less of it.

My next question is where is the graphic equaliser for the music player?

I have searched high and low (i shouldn't have to!) for a way to turn the bass down on the music and yet i find nothing. Why is this information so inaccessible?

I have been sent here to look for answers after suffering an hour on the phone with Nokia, thirty minutes talking with microsoft live chat support only for them to tell me to get my answers here, so apologies if i seem annoyed. I have every right to be annoyed
    though, it shouldn't come to this if the os was easy to use and came with basics that you can get with any phone on the market.

I was extremely disappointed when i recieved a discontinuation notice for wm6.5 for my previous mobile phone and yet, it kind of made sense as it was not marketed well enough to compete with the android os even though wm6.5 was far superior. I do wonder
    if microsoft really care about the mobile platform as it seems to have got too clever for its own good, i always thought that if you keep something simple and quick to use, people will want it.

If i don't get answers from here, then i don't know where to turn. Like i said before, support has been awful and i really can't see myself ever using a windows phone again in the future.

Just noticed there isn't even an option for windows 7.5 on the version bar when you post, so i've no idea where this post will end up on the forum.

philelmes, Aug 17, 2015
  4. Harpert Win User

Probably the strangest case you've ever heard

Have you tried to put the Mouse in a "standard" USB slot.
    There might be an interrupt issues on the bus that is driving both the USB 3.0 port and your hard drive?

Good luck with upgrading

Harpert, Aug 17, 2015
  5. Antilope Win User
    I believe it. I was trying to install Windows on a laptop and the BSOD twice aborted the install. I then noticed a Microsoft USB mouse dongle in one of the USB ports. I wasn't using the USB mouse during the install, so I removed the USB mouse dongle and tried the install again. The third time, the Windows install went flawlessly. The BSOD during Windows install seemed to be caused by that Microsoft USB mouse dongle being in place during the install.

Antilope, Aug 17, 2015
  6. CountMike New Member
    USB3 drivers may not kick in in time or may even not install at all depending on computer model. On a laptop it's better to disconnect all the USB devices before installing/upgrading OS, you can always plug it in later. With wireless devices it's even more critical because of it's drivers.
    So your problem may not look strange at all.

CountMike, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Probably the strangest case you've ever heard

1. Probably the strangest case you've ever heard - Similar Threads - Probably strangest case

2. Have you ever heard of Windows Longhorn?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Have you ever heard of Windows Longhorn?: Have you ever heard of Windows Longhorn? The Lost Version of Windowshttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIP740VJNN8Why People Love Windows XPhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdRtzwshSI4Let's finish Windows Longhorna Windows version with the simplicity GUI of XP yet slightly more...
  3. Have you ever heard of Windows Longhorn?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Have you ever heard of Windows Longhorn?: Have you ever heard of Windows Longhorn? The Lost Version of Windowshttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIP740VJNN8Why People Love Windows XPhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdRtzwshSI4Let's finish Windows Longhorna Windows version with the simplicity GUI of XP yet slightly more...
  4. Ever Heard Of Windows 12?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ever Heard Of Windows 12?: Dear Sir/Madam, How's things?,I found a website offering Windows 12 just by an accidental find and when I tried to explore the downloaded file further it simply didn't run. I thought Windows 12 came from Microsoft ready made for Windows 10/11upgrades, and they were giving...
  5. Ever Heard Of Windows 12?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ever Heard Of Windows 12?: Dear Sir/Madam, How's things?,I found a website offering Windows 12 just by an accidental find and when I tried to explore the downloaded file further it simply didn't run. I thought Windows 12 came from Microsoft ready made for Windows 10/11upgrades, and they were giving...
  6. Strangest disk initialize problem I've ever seen!!! Please help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Strangest disk initialize problem I've ever seen!!! Please help: Hello All This is pretty much the oddest thing I have ever seen. My friend is having the same problem on two different computers with Windows 10 Pro. She has tried cloning the C:Drives to new Samsung SSD drives, using two different drives and two different Sabrent USB...
  7. Anyone ever heard of walliant?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone ever heard of walliant?: Found a game I wanted to try but the website seemed sketchy, thought I was just paranoid but I was wrong. I have a dell laptop, I deleted everything the download came with but this thing called walliant downloaded with it and when I try to uninstall it asks if I want to let...
  8. Strangest thing thats ever happened to me in windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strangest thing thats ever happened to me in windows: I am in agony right now. I built my own pc for the first time and yesterday I installed apps like photoshop, premiere pro, FL Studio and plugins, everything worked fine untill I went to bed and the next morning everything was GONE. My main folder luckily made it alive and it...
  9. Strangest install ever

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Strangest install ever: I did a clean install of Windows 10 1809 using the MCT bootable USB in which I created a few months back from the official Microsoft MCT download page. Never modified the MCT bootable USB and have had several clean installs in the past. But today, during the installation...
  10. Stop me if you've heard this before...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stop me if you've heard this before...: Hi there, After running Win 10 (Professional) without incident since it was introduced, our trusty desktop system decided it was ready to die. We had all data and apps transferred to temporary replacement system. When that old boat anchor was replaced by this new Dell...