Windows 10: Problem: 4 Monitors / NIVIDIA GTX 980

Discus and support Problem: 4 Monitors / NIVIDIA GTX 980 in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi.a I’m running Windows 10 & the latest GTX GeForce 980 drivers. I have 4 monitors: My 4th monitor isn’t being detected. *I have two HP monitors:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by ARNKUSA, Jun 20, 2018.

1. ARNKUSA Win User

Problem: 4 Monitors / NIVIDIA GTX 980

Hi.a

I’m running Windows 10 & the latest GTX GeForce 980 drivers.

I have 4 monitors:

My 4th monitor isn’t being detected.

*I have two HP monitors: 1280 x 1024 connected via Display Ports.
    *I have two DELL monitors: 2560 x 1440 - one connected via a display port, the last (the one that isn’t recognized) is connected via an HDMI connection.

*I tried using a VGA cord too - neither worked.

Thanks

ARNKUSA, Jun 20, 2018
  2. beausee Win User

Windows 10 and GTX 980 problems

Hi,

Big Problem

Upgraded from GA-Z97X SOC to GA-Z97X Gaming G1 BK to enjoy more PCI lane with PLX chip.

It has been a nightmare.

Keep getting graphic card error with my 2 GTX 980 in SLI. Error 43, BSOD, ....

Tried everything. New NVDIA drivers, Older NVDIA drivers, DDU, even a clean install of Windows 10. Nothing works! Andeven after the clean install, machine is super unstable, its not usable because keeps freezing, crashing or going BSOD: always related to graphic cards

More info for you guys,

Followed the basic steps for clean install.

1-Installed on SSD array using usb windows 10 install

2-installed latest mobo drivers for windows 10 x64 (pulled from gigabyte website)

3-Installed latest drivers fron NVDIA web site

after that all its hell....

Tried to troubleshoot,

1- like mentionned above, change NVDIA drivers using DDU in safe mode: fails, (redid this with dofferent version of drivers with same results

2- Tried new clean install with disabling automatic driver update in windows prior to installing GTX 980 and using NVDIA drivers: same tesults. So retried step 2 with all version of NVDIA drivers: fails

Everything was fine before mobo upgrade.

Beside the new mobo, kept everythingelsethe same (same hardware see list at bottom of post). Same CPU, same Dual GTX 980, Same SSD, HD, ...

Only difference,my old rig was a Windows 10 upgrade. Initially was windows 7 that was upgraded through win upgrade abour a year ago.

Going insane with this. Please help!

GA-Z97x-Gaming G1 BK edition latest bios F8

2x EVGA GTX 980 Hydro Copper in SLI

LSI Megaraid 9280-16i4e with 8 Samsung Pro 850 1tb in Raid 0 (os drive)

4x 6Tb WD Drive set up as a Microsoft Storage Space for Backup

EVGA Supernova P2 1000 watt

beausee, Jun 21, 2018
  3. beausee Win User
    Clean install of Windows 10 and dual GTX 980 problem

Hi,

Big Problem

Upgraded from GA-Z97X SOC to GA-Z97X Gaming G1 BK to enjoy more PCI lane with PLX chip.

It has been a nightmare.

Keep getting graphic card error with my 2 GTX 980 in SLI. Error 43, BSOD, ....

Tried everything. New NVDIA drivers, Older NVDIA drivers, DDU, even a clean install of Windows 10. Nothing works! Andeven after the clean install, machine is super unstable, its not usable because keeps freezing, crashing or going
    BSOD: always related to graphic cards

More info for you guys,

Followed the basic steps for clean install.

1-Installed on SSD array using usb windows 10 install

2-installed latest mobo drivers for windows 10 x64 (pulled from gigabyte website)

3-Installed latest drivers fron NVDIA web site

after that all its hell....

Tried to troubleshoot,

1- like mentionned above, change NVDIA drivers using DDU in safe mode: fails, (redid this with dofferent version of drivers with same results

2- Tried new clean install with disabling automatic driver update in windows prior to installing GTX 980 and using NVDIA drivers: same tesults. So retried step 2 with all version of NVDIA drivers: fails

Everything was fine before mobo upgrade.

Beside the new mobo, kept everythingelsethe same (same hardware see list at bottom of post). Same CPU, same Dual GTX 980, Same SSD, HD, ...

Only difference,my old rig was a Windows 10 upgrade. Initially was windows 7 that was upgraded through win upgrade abour a year ago.

Going insane with this. Please help!

GA-Z97x-Gaming G1 BK edition latest bios F8

2x EVGA GTX 980 Hydro Copper in SLI

LSI Megaraid 9280-16i4e with 8 Samsung Pro 850 1tb in Raid 0 (os drive)

4x 6Tb WD Drive set up as a Microsoft Storage Space for Backup

EVGA Supernova P2 1000 watt

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

beausee, Jun 21, 2018
  4. Problem: 4 Monitors / NIVIDIA GTX 980

GTX 980 fan spins at 100% on running heavy games

Yea I'm off asus gpu's personally my evga is a lot better and it shouldn't be Problem: 4 Monitors / NIVIDIA GTX 980 :p

asus gtx 980 20th anniversary gold turd

evga gtx 980 hybrid Problem: 4 Monitors / NIVIDIA GTX 980 :)

The only onther things it could be is either the vga cables or the psu :/

ThrashZone, Jun 21, 2018
Thema:

Problem: 4 Monitors / NIVIDIA GTX 980

1. Problem: 4 Monitors / NIVIDIA GTX 980 - Similar Threads - Problem Monitors NIVIDIA

2. A nividia problem something with windows ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A nividia problem something with windows ?: This appeared and I think this is the reason for my blue screens. How to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-nividia-problem-something-with-windows/51750627-3ca2-491a-b341-ea8854b391e0
  3. A nividia problem something with windows ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A nividia problem something with windows ?: This appeared and I think this is the reason for my blue screens. How to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-nividia-problem-something-with-windows/51750627-3ca2-491a-b341-ea8854b391e0
  4. surface book 2 Nividia Geforce GTX in active

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    surface book 2 Nividia Geforce GTX in active: hello Guys so i updated my Laptop yesterday and today i woke up to find the notification Nividia Geforce GTX is inactive how to fix this Problem? thank you...
  5. GTX 980 not compatible with Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    GTX 980 not compatible with Windows 10?: Hi there! So, I’m trying to install Windows 10 Pro, unfortunately as I’m trying to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 the Media Creation Tool 1809. I’m getting a message saying my GTX 980 is incompatible with Windows 10 and that I will have display problems. I went ahead...
  6. Display driver stops responding GTX 980

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display driver stops responding GTX 980: On the 18th my monitor just turned it self off twice in space of 10 minutes. The Nvidia driver stops responding and Windows Desktop Manager would end up crashing and turning monitor off. I updated the Nvidia drivers via Geforce experience and it appeared to fix it On the...
  7. Windows 10 and GTX 980 problems

Windows 10 and GTX 980 problems: Hi, Big Problem Upgraded from GA-Z97X SOC to GA-Z97X Gaming G1 BK to enjoy more PCI lane with PLX chip. It has been a nightmare. Keep getting graphic card error with my 2 GTX 980 in SLI. Error 43, BSOD, .... Tried everything. New...
  8. Low FPS with new GTX 980 graphics card

Low FPS with new GTX 980 graphics card: Hi, In October I bought the MSI GTX 980 graphics card as an upgrade for my Radeon R9 280x. I presumed that I would be getting a lot better performance in games since the 980 is a much more powerful card, this was the case in some games like GTA 5 where I can run the game...
  9. Nvdia GTX 980 video very choppy

Nvdia GTX 980 video very choppy: Windows 10 installed a native driver for the Nvidia 980 card that I have. The display is choppy and every time you open a window it paints the screen very slowly. I attempted to install the latest version of Nvidia (Win 8.1) but got a Blue Screen during the installation with...
  10. Please welcome,the GTX 980

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Please welcome,the GTX 980: Since we aint gettin',any "9" Windows,we sure could use,a "niner" GPU! Most anticipated graphics card,of at least the year,here comes the GeForce GTX 980 NVidia GeForce GTX 980 Graphics Card | GeForce Feel free,to fill the thread with reviews,benchmarks and the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gtx 980 4 monitors

2. gtx 980 troubleshotting

3. gtx 980 turning monitor screen yellow