Windows 10: Problem adding windows 10 laptop to a network

Discus and support Problem adding windows 10 laptop to a network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi! I am trying to connect my windows 10 notebook business network where I have a domain called clinlife but everytime I hit ok I get a message "An... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ecptavares, Aug 31, 2016.

1. Problem adding windows 10 laptop to a network

Hi!
    I am trying to connect my windows 10 notebook business network where I have a domain called clinlife but everytime I hit ok I get a message "An Active Directory Domain Controller( AD DC) for the domain Clinlife could not be contacted."

What can I do to add this laptop to my network?

thank you

:)

ecptavares, Aug 31, 2016

2. windows 10 can't connect to ad hoc network which is made from windows 7

i am using windows 10 and in network list ad-hoc network (which is create from my friend's laptop having windows 7) is shown but it can't connect to ad-hoc. how to connect?

sauravpatel, Aug 31, 2016
  3. Problem adding a family member to my laptop

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you with the user accounts on Windows 10.

You may follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you enter into safe mode and enable built-in administrator and check with the status of User profile service.

Step 1: Start computer in safe mode.

1. Type
    Settings in the search box on the desktop, select Settings.

2. Here select
    Change pc settings and then General.

3. Scroll down to
    advanced startup, click Restart now.

4. Click on Troubleshoot, Advanced options, and Startup Settings.

5. Click
    Restart, select Safe mode and then press
    Enter

Step 2: Enable Built-in administrator.

1. Press
    Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.

2. Click on
    Command Prompt (admin) to open Command Prompt.

3. Type the following command and hit Enter:

net user administrator /active: yes (Check for the spaces)

4. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Method 2:

Check the status of User profile services.

1. Press
    Windows + R to open Run command, type Services.msc
    and press Enter.

2. Search for
    User Profile Service, right click on it and start
    the service.

3. Also, set the
    Startup type to Automatic.

4. Now check if you are able to log-in.

Hope this information is helpful. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you

Anju Thekkethil, Aug 31, 2016
  4. Samuria Win User

Problem adding windows 10 laptop to a network

Welcome to the forum. When adding don't give the name use its IP NetBIOS isn't resolving the DC name

Samuria, Aug 31, 2016
  5. Let's start with the basics. Is the laptop on the same network as the domain controller, and if so, are you able to ping the domain controller from the laptop?

DeaconFrost, Aug 31, 2016
  6. Hi!
    Thank you all.I was making a mistake.I didn't need to add my computer to a domained network to do what I wanted.

ecptavares, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Problem adding windows 10 laptop to a network

1. Problem adding windows 10 laptop to a network - Similar Threads - Problem adding laptop

2. Ad-Hoc Network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ad-Hoc Network: Hi,So I created a what I believe to be an ad-hoc network on mac os, however its not showing up on windows network display. Im using it to share files and if possible play games on lan without an internet connection. How do I connect to said adhoc network hosted on my mac...
  3. Ad-Hoc Network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ad-Hoc Network: Hi,So I created a what I believe to be an ad-hoc network on mac os, however its not showing up on windows network display. Im using it to share files and if possible play games on lan without an internet connection. How do I connect to said adhoc network hosted on my mac...
  4. Ad-Hoc Network

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Unwanted Password Only Network Added to my Laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unwanted Password Only Network Added to my Laptop: My husband installed some spyware on my laptop. I noticed today that he has added his "network" to my computer. I tried to remove it, but I have to have his credentials to remove it...what can I do to get it off?...
  6. Windows 10 Networking problem?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Networking problem?: Hi, can someone out there please help me?????? My Epson printer recently broke down, I have purchased a new Epson printer, however, since I unplugged my old printer I cannot get to the Internet? I only have the main power lead plugged into my laptop - all was fine until I...
  7. Adding 2nd laptop to home network failed

Adding 2nd laptop to home network failed: Now that HOMEGROUP has all but gone away how do I had a 3rd computer to my home network? https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4091368/windows-10-homegroup-removed I haven't done this in several years and the old methods don't seem to apply. For example, I thought all...
  8. Network problems with Windows 10

Network problems with Windows 10: Why can't I access to the files of another pc in my network? I turned down the firewall for private networks and I share the folder I would like to be accessible on the network. When I try to access it from the other pc it says :you don't have permission, ask the network...
  9. windows 10 network problem

windows 10 network problem: So when I sit in a room in my house I always sit in my laptop keeps shutting off. When I plug the charger in, it stops and then I realise I'm connected to my NEIGHBOURS NETWORK!! I have connected to her network before because I was at her house, but it keeps happening! It's...
  10. Network problems with Windows 10

Network problems with Windows 10: Since installing Windows 10 on my Desktop and Laptop I have found that both are still online, but I can't get any communication to either machine. I see in the settings both machines but they are dimmed. I also have a SMART TV and this is the same I can see it dimmed on both...