Windows 10: Problem After Installing Fall Creators Edition

Discus and support Problem After Installing Fall Creators Edition in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I did a clean install (deleted all partitions) and having a strange problem...When I download a program and try to install it, the UAC comes up and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Craig, Oct 19, 2017.

1. Craig Win User

Problem After Installing Fall Creators Edition

I did a clean install (deleted all partitions) and having a strange problem...When I download a program and try to install it, the UAC comes up and warns me that "YOUR ORGANIZATION HAS PREVENTED YOU FROM INSTALLING THIS APPLICATION"... It won't let me install anything...I have no idea what "organization" it is talking about...

:)

Craig, Oct 19, 2017
  2. XeiponJC Win User

Other User. The username or password is incorrect.

I must also add that no problems were experienced prior to installing the Fall Creator's edition.

XeiponJC, Oct 19, 2017
  3. greenfid Win User
    KB4038788 Blue Screen on awaking from Sleep

I just tried installing the Fall Creator Edition. It has the same issue of the BSOD on waking from sleep and there is no monthly update to block/uninstall so I have now had to block the Fall Creator Edition .

greenfid, Oct 19, 2017
  4. Mystere Win User

Where did you get the creators update? From the Microsoft Update Tool? Or did you download it from a site somewhere?

Mystere, Oct 19, 2017
  5. Craig Win User
    I got it using the Media Creation Tool to download an iso which I used to make a dvd....Then I did a clean install (using custom) where I deleted all partitions and had it start clean...

Craig, Oct 19, 2017
  6. philc43 Win User
    It sounds like you have installed the W10 Education version. You may need to download the correct version and clean install again.

philc43, Oct 19, 2017
  7. Craig Win User
    When I go to "About" in the settings section it says Windows Home

Craig, Oct 19, 2017
  8. philc43 Win User

Have you connected to a Work or School domain? Settings -> Accounts -> Access work or school

philc43, Oct 19, 2017
  9. Craig Win User
    No....I did previously clean install with Windows 10S by accident....not realizing it was the wrong edition (that's the one that only lets you install store apps...but the clean install I did today I was very careful about selecting Windows Home Edition and that's what it says I have in my settings...

Craig, Oct 19, 2017
  10. Bree New Member
    'Organization' just means there's a policy in the registry that's preventing you from doing this. These types of restrictions are commonly used in a business environment, hence it's always referred to with the generic word 'organization'. It just means a higher authority has set it up, it could equally well be a setting you have changed or one that Microsoft put there.

I think the key word above may be '...When I download a program...'. Check the Properties of the installer you have downloaded. If it says it's 'blocked' then the policy concerned may be to not let you run blocked software. It wouldn't surprise me, Microsoft have been getting more cautious about 'security' with each new version of Windows. Fortunately a blocked file is easily fixed.

*Arrow Unblock File in Windows 10

11. Craig Win User
    @ bree: The UAC is not letting me install any program I download....I downloaded VLC Media Player from the Video Lan site directly and Google Chrome from their own website and when I double click the message comes up...so it isn't just one legit file it won't let me install but NONE at all...UAC pops up...I hit the Yes button and then:

The exact wording on the pop message is: YOUR ORGANIZATION USED WINDOWS DEFENDER APPLICATION CONTROL TO BLOCK THIS APP

Craig, Oct 19, 2017
  12. Bree New Member
  13. Craig Win User

@Bree: I tried switching some of those settings off temporarily but no go (still get the UAC Block Warning)...
    I googled around and someone had the same problem and he tried several windows 10 resets but there was no change...
    Finally, he posted he cleaned installed again, and that fixed the problem...

There is two ways I could go:

1) Try re-installing clean again from my dvd iso and if that doesn't do it, re-format my HP to the original factory image (which was on the now out of date version 1511) and from there to the upgrade with the upgrade assistant...in doing so, hopefully avoiding whatever path is getting corrupt and causing this...

Or:
    2) Not bother trying to do another clean install and just do the re-format and upgrade method to Fall Creators Edition...

Really hate doing re-formats of course (they take so darn long...think it took about 4 hrs the last time I did one) but if that is the only way, I won't have much choice...

Craig, Oct 19, 2017
  14. Bree New Member
    I've just downloaded VLC 2.2.6 from the Video Lan site and installed it successfully on my test machine, one that upgraded to Fall Creators 16299.15 from 1703. No problem, even with Defender's app protection set at 'block'. There certainly seems to be something not quite right about your install. Perhaps it's got corrupt smartscreen data? Not sure how you'd reset that.

If you have been setting it up the way you want and don't want to loose that work, then before trying anything else I'd try in sequence...

sfc /scannow
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    (if errors are found, restart and try each again - as Brink says, it can take up to 3 runs to fix all errors)
    Run SFC Command in Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials
    Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image Performance Maintenance Tutorials

Then, if that doesn't fix it...
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade Installation Upgrade Tutorials

15. Craig Win User
    Thanks for the suggestions...just out of curiousity, I tried downloading the media creation tool and when I tried to open it, guess what? Same message...it is even blocking MS stuff!!!

I figured maybe i'd try re-downloading and making a new dvd iso but looks like if I end up trying a clean install, I will have to go with the iso I already made about 2 days ago...

Craig, Oct 19, 2017
Thema:

1. Problem After Installing Fall Creators Edition - Similar Threads - Problem Installing Fall

2. Fall Creators Update Problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fall Creators Update Problems: For more than a year, Windows has been trying to install the subject update and for that long, various incarnations of updates have failed to install on my Acer Aspire S7. The program hangs up my entire system at 1% installed so that I have no choice but to shut down and...
  3. Fall Creator update problems/solved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fall Creator update problems/solved: I have been seeing a few posts about the Fall Creator update and the various problems or no problems. Mine was that I had updated to W10Pro so I could use whatever drivers I wanted to. But with the first Creator update I couldn't install any NVidia drivers older than the 370...
  4. Fall Creator edition thinks it hasn't installed

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Fall Creator edition thinks it hasn't installed: Fall Creator edition is definitely on my machine. All the new elements I'm aware of are there, (including the new folder protection, see separate thread) it says version 1709 in the settings But Windows Update is still trying to install it. It downloads, then comes up with...
  5. Activation problems After Creators fall Update

Activation problems After Creators fall Update: I have a dual boot home built system with current parts, which has two separate bootable SSD disks, each containing separate retail copies copies if Windows 10 (one Pro x64 and the other home x386). The reason for the two copies of windows is that the 32 bit allows for older...
  6. INetCookies after Fall Creators Update...

in Browsers and Email
    INetCookies after Fall Creators Update...: Sorry if this is the wrong forum, but I thought it was more browser than OS related. Anyway, after last week's v1709 update, CCleaner has been deleting a file it never used to. C:\Users\UserId\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCookies\deprecated.cookie It shows up...
  7. Fall Creator's Update refuses to install

Fall Creator's Update refuses to install: Hi, all. I've had no problems with updates on my Toshiba L50-C laptop until trying to install version 1709. The update wouldn't download last night, so I shut down and ran the WU troubleshooter this morning. Then it downloaded, but got stuck 'preparing to install' at...
  8. Macrium 7 (Free) Problem after Fall Creator's Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Macrium 7 (Free) Problem after Fall Creator's Update: Macrium 7 (free) problem since Fall Creator's Update. I have (Paid) V6. I downloaded the free V7 to check it out, before the Fall Creator's update and the first time I booted Win 10 I got a popup message from "Win Patrol" that I had a new Macrium startup program and option...
  9. Fall Creators Update fails to install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fall Creators Update fails to install: Attempted from 16299.15 ISO. Suspect something to do with AMD 17.7.2 driver (latest for this system) since it aborts at 33%. [img] Edit: Today I did a clean install of Windows 10 Pro 16299.15 on a unused partition. It installed with any issues and Windows 10...
  10. Weird Renaming problem after Fall Creators Update.

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird Renaming problem after Fall Creators Update.: I have the strangest problem after the Fall Creators Update. I normally view the contents of my folders in Small Icon View. Now anything in this view, I cannot rename. Right click, choose rename and nothing happens. If I change the view to anything other than small icons I...