Windows 10: Problem after Windows 10 Update

Discus and support Problem after Windows 10 Update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; On June 15 I automatically downloaded cumulative update KB3149135 to 3 different computers. On a single computer, the one I primarily use, I noticed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Cecebee, Jun 17, 2016.

1. Cecebee Win User

Problem after Windows 10 Update

On June 15 I automatically downloaded cumulative update KB3149135 to 3 different computers. On a single computer, the one I primarily use, I noticed several changes in operation. The mouse cursor had a blue spinner that ran constantly and several apps that came with Win 10 stopped working altogether. After a couple of days the blue spinner problem disappeared of its own accord (go figure). The Microsoft Store, Microsoft Solitaire Collection and the Calculator apps still will not function. They flash on the screen when I try to run them and that's it. I tried uninstalling but that fails. I tried reinstalling from the store and that fails. I tried running the executable files from the System32 directory and that fails. I cannot uninstall the update and I also don't have a suitable restore point I can use. Can anyone suggest a fix short of a major system overhaul. I have never had to run system restore, is that the solution? The computer operates just fine except for this minor irritation so I don't want to chance making things worse.

:)

Cecebee, Jun 17, 2016

2. windows 10 update problem

I just buy new dell laptop core intel i3 -7100u processer. All software installed but stopped in updating windows 10 when it started. How can I solve this problem ?

Regards

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

window 10 update problem, Jun 17, 2016
  3. Mismatched icons on bookmarks bar after latest Windows 10 update

My personal contact information and icons/photo is also screwed up since then.

Mismatched toolbar icons after Windows 10 update, Jun 17, 2016
  4. eLaReF Win User

I am unable to update my desktop and LINX 7" tablet since the KB3149135 with anything - Windows update or programme updates from the store
    I can't uninstall it - settings says click and then choose uninstall, but there is no 'uninstall' to select

eLaReF, Jul 5, 2016
  5. spunk Win User
    Are you logged in with a Microsoft User ID (eg) Email address? If not, you cannot access the Store.
    If you are, go to Start/Search and type CMD, Right click the CMD results and Run As Administrator. In the Elevated Command Prompt type SFC /scannow. This will replace any missing system files.

spunk, Jul 5, 2016
  6. eLaReF Win User
    Thanks spunk
    Yes - logged in correctly and have been using the store since I downloaded the early previews last year. It just stopped working on two machines after the KB3149135 update.
    Funnily enough, had just run sfc /scannow last night on the tablet - no difference re the store
    Will run it on the desktop later today and see what happens

eLaReF, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Problem after Windows 10 Update - Similar Threads - Problem Update

2. problem with update and restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problem with update and restart: When I was signing off from my computer I had the choice to "update and sign off" or "restart", or "sign off", or "update and restart". I chose to update and restart. The computer then said it was restarting and told me to keep the machine on. It then began the update process...
  3. problem with update and restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problem with update and restart: When I was signing off from my computer I had the choice to "update and sign off" or "restart", or "sign off", or "update and restart". I chose to update and restart. The computer then said it was restarting and told me to keep the machine on. It then began the update process...
  4. Problems with the latest automatic Windows Update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with the latest automatic Windows Update.: I have a Questrade account, the latest automatic windows update has messed up the access to the account. Is anyone else having issues? I also use Sentinel Hub which is also messed up. Both work just fine on a computer that was not updated....
  5. Problems with the latest automatic Windows Update.

Problems with the latest automatic Windows Update.: I have a Questrade account, the latest automatic windows update has messed up the access to the account. Is anyone else having issues? I also use Sentinel Hub which is also messed up. Both work just fine on a computer that was not updated....
  6. Problems with the latest automatic Windows Update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Problem with Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Windows Updates: So there’s a problem with my windows updates which is I cannot fix it almost 2 hours now. Can someone help me please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-windows-updates/913c6711-edb5-40c8-81c9-7f59dff3103a
  8. Problem with Windows Updates

Problem with Windows Updates: So there’s a problem with my windows updates which is I cannot fix it almost 2 hours now. Can someone help me please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-windows-updates/913c6711-edb5-40c8-81c9-7f59dff3103a
  9. Having a problem on windows update setup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Having a problem on windows update setup: Hi can someone help having a problem on this set up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-a-problem-on-windows-update-setup/6d027f61-cb7d-4c75-ad74-537d822affcd
  10. Having a problem on windows update setup

Having a problem on windows update setup: Hi can someone help having a problem on this set up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-a-problem-on-windows-update-setup/6d027f61-cb7d-4c75-ad74-537d822affcd