Windows 10: Problem arisen with re- installation of Office Home and Student 2007

Discus and support Problem arisen with re- installation of Office Home and Student 2007 in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; It having been lost, when I had to rest the computer, I attempted to re-install Office Home and Student 2007 today. However on opening Excel, I get... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by chipwood, Jul 30, 2017.

1. chipwood Win User

Problem arisen with re- installation of Office Home and Student 2007

It having been lost, when I had to rest the computer, I attempted to re-install Office Home and Student 2007 today. However on opening Excel, I get Code: code execution cannot proceed because MSVCR80 was not found...[/quote] I have re-installed Office but nothing has changed. Can someone help me, please, to solve this problem?

Has it anything to do with compatibility of Windows 10 and Office 2007? Should it have, are newer versions still available other than the rip-off Office 365? I have looked at some of the clones and spin offs. They seem clunky and odd.

:)

chipwood, Jul 30, 2017

2. Office home and student 2007

How do I install office home and student 2007 on a new computer

BarbaraThring, Jul 30, 2017
  3. Andre Da Costa, Jul 30, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

No.
    Microsoft Wiki article: A look at running older versions of Microsoft Office on Windows 10

MSVCR80 is the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable dll. Apparently this problem can affect a number of other apps too.

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-fix-...errors-2623805

The Livewire article above offers a number of solutions, including a link to the genuine Microsoft download.

5. chipwood Win User
    I'm dim. I must be, because I failed to see what option I needed to choose for my problem.
    Coincidentally I used CCleaner later (unrelated to this thread) and lost all my network files, folders. In the end was forced to reset computer.

A fresh attempt to install Office this morning was terminated with warning that an error had occurred, but I don't know what, as I do not know location of the installation log.

I'm utterly embarrassed, but hope you will want to give me more help with problems. Please!

chipwood, Jul 31, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    That would be Step 2...
    https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-fix-...errors-2623805

7. chipwood Win User
    I see Code: vcredist_IA64.EXEvcredist_x64.EXE][/quote] I suspect I need the second, but want to be sure, and avoid further disaster.

chipwood, Jul 31, 2017
  8. Bree New Member

I suspect I need the second, but want to be sure, and avoid further disaster.[/quote] Yes...

Can you tell me the differences between vcredist_IA64.exe 6.3MB and vcredist_x64.exe 3.0MB and vcredist_x86.exe

9. chipwood Win User
    I'm afraid that even now Office will not install. *Sad All proceeds until around 60% the hour-glass appears and flickers quickly. A second or so later comes the failure warning.

chipwood, Aug 1, 2017
  10. chipwood Win User
    Solved after clean windows install, subject of a long thread a little later than this.

chipwood, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Problem arisen with re- installation of Office Home and Student 2007 - Similar Threads - Problem arisen installation

2. Office Home 2007

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Office Home 2007: I am having issues with my Office Home 2007 - all excel files are shrinking / losing data.I need to reconfigure / add data each time I close worksheet !!Has my Licence / security expired ??Please help !ROB...
  3. Office Home 2007

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Office Home 2007: I am having issues with my Office Home 2007 - all excel files are shrinking / losing data.I need to reconfigure / add data each time I close worksheet !!Has my Licence / security expired ??Please help !ROB...
  4. Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 32bit

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 32bit: Will this version work on Win 10 20h2 64 bit computer? I have the install disc and the product key (proof of license). 170791
  5. erroneous office 2019 Home and Student Installed Problems

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    erroneous office 2019 Home and Student Installed Problems: I accidently purchased Microsoft Office Home and Student Version instead of Microsoft Home and Business version. The home and Business version is installed on my computer. However the Microsoft Office Home and Student version could not be creditted because it was already...
  6. install office home and student 2019

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    install office home and student 2019: i get the error message oxcc43ns3 when I entered my product key and it won't install. Does anyone know what this means and how to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-office-home-and-student-2019/77332fb8-93bc-4f00-ad1a-b993c20f74f7
  7. Re-install Office Home and Student 2019 on new laptop

Re-install Office Home and Student 2019 on new laptop: I installed Office Home & Student 2019 on a previous owned laptop. I wiped the laptop and uninstalled Office. Now, since owning a new laptop I am trying to install the same version (same product), however I am having trouble shooting. When I enter the product key at...
  8. Office home and student

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Office home and student: I purchased a three year sub. to office home and student and my computer crashed. I purchased a new laptop, so how to I get my subscription on to my new laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-home-and-student/185a121a-9ce5-4689-bd8b-11daef0117a9"
  9. Office home & student 2007

Office home & student 2007: I bought M Office home & student 2007 and used it on old computer. I had no probs ever but got new computer last month and it now when I tried to install it, says the product key in the box is not correct, help, how can this be? Karl...
  10. ms office home and student 2007 install problem on windows 10

in Microsoft Office and 365
    ms office home and student 2007 install problem on windows 10: So I'm putting my parents copy of office 2007 on my mom's new Asus Zenbook running windows 10. installing from a CD using a samsung usb dvd player and running into a problem. When I run the set up it opens a dialogue box asking me to enter the product key but there is no...