Windows 10: problem backing up DVDs....

Discus and support problem backing up DVDs.... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Dear Windows 10 folks, I recently tried to restore files from some back up DVDs I made using the backup facility in Windows 10. But there is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by mikef20000, Nov 29, 2015.

1. problem backing up DVDs....

Dear Windows 10 folks,

I recently tried to restore files from some back up DVDs I made using the backup facility in Windows 10.

But there is a problem.

When I try to do this the software wants me to find an earlier dated DVD than I have inserted.

When I put that DVD in it doesn't recognise it.

It doesn't seem to recognise any of the DVD backups I have made and then actually retrieve the files from them.

What am I doing wrong here?

Regards and thanks

Michael Fothergill

:)

mikef20000, Nov 29, 2015

2. Back up DVD

I have a back up DVD from my old (no longer working) Windows 7 computer, which contains my photos, files & folders. Can I use this to transfer my photos files and folders to my new Windows 10 computer. If so how do I do so please?

LyndaHooper, Nov 29, 2015
  3. Back up DVD

HI; LYNDA

is this a dvd backup of sorts or is it a restore dvd for recovering the hard drive .

if just a backup dvd , insert in the dvd drive and right click on this pc /my computer ,click on open , scroll down to you dvd drive on the left , click on and see your files on the right and drag & drop to your new file /folder .

hope this helps any .

michael kondracki, Nov 29, 2015
  4. swarfega Win User

problem backing up DVDs....

I am not completely sure what procedure you are following. Are you using file history or something like Backup and Restore?

swarfega, Nov 29, 2015
  5. Dear Swarfega,

Thanks for your kind response. I am not using the file history thing. At least I don't think I am. I thought that only works if you are saving to a hard drive etc.

I think I am using backup and restore - I think its the only one that lets you use DVDs.

But maybe I am wrong here.

I always used Backup and Restore when I used Windows 7.

Regards

Michael Fothergill

mikef20000, Nov 29, 2015
  6. I inserted the DVD I have for 20/10/15

It starts reading the directories etc and after a time it says "the media in the drive is not the requested media " (but it is.....) and prompts me to insert the DVD for 25/02/15 (an earlier one).

If I try inserting that DVD it will say "the media in the drive is not the requested media " and request a DVD that is earlier still and when I insert that it way say:

"the media in the drive is not the requested media "

Ad infinitum.

Suggestions on this are welcome.

Regards

Mikef

mikef20000, Nov 29, 2015
  7. It might also be helpful to add that when I insert the DVD into the optical drive, a little box appears which has four itmes listed in it.

The first one is "MIKEF-PC" and is a file folder.

The second is "autorun" and contains setup information.

The third is "mediaID.bin" and is a bin file.

The fourth is a "restore" icon.

I clicked on it to start the file restore process described in the previous email with problems I encountered.

Regards

Mike

mikef20000, Nov 29, 2015
  8. problem backing up DVDs....

I can also open the "MIKEF-PC" folder and then see a directory (C) and then directories below that.

There is also a categories file in there.

Regards

mikef

mikef20000, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

problem backing up DVDs....

1. problem backing up DVDs.... - Similar Threads - problem backing DVDs

2. back up problem issue with idrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    back up problem issue with idrive: I am trying to back up my files to idrive and i called the help center, the technician took control of my computer and says that my files cannot be backed up because microsoft for some reasons blocked the access to it. there is an admn issue , not access to back up anything ....
  3. back up problem issue with idrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    back up problem issue with idrive: I am trying to back up my files to idrive and i called the help center, the technician took control of my computer and says that my files cannot be backed up because microsoft for some reasons blocked the access to it. there is an admn issue , not access to back up anything ....
  4. back up problem issue with idrive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. CD/DVD Problem. DVDs are recognised but not CDs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD/DVD Problem. DVDs are recognised but not CDs: Can anyone help end my frustration?I recently started ripping my CD collection to FLAC on an external drive, using Windows Media Player, going from ABBA to Zydeco. I got as far as the letter G and tried the Gorillaz CD which turned out to be an enhanced CD which I couldn't...
  6. Writing DVDs: Problem with Blank DVDs or something else?

Writing DVDs: Problem with Blank DVDs or something else?: I am archiving files to DVD, on Windows 10 & a Lenovo Z51, using an external DVD writer. Windows is up to date. My laptop shows the DVD writer in Device Manager & Disk Manager. However, it doesn't show-up as a drive in Windows Explorer or Imgburn. I am using 5 year old...
  7. Back up problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Back up problems: When backing up files, I always get these three codes for different documents: 151026 _error, 0x80070003, and 0x80070002. All items appear to be in the SkyDrive area. It is for documents (twice), music and pictures. How can I make sure all my files are being copied and...
  8. Playback DVDs

Playback DVDs: My DVD player continues to default to VLC. I don't want VLC. I want Windows Media player. Please, someone, provide me with some advice. Can I make Windows Media Player the default ?...
  9. DVDs not detected.

DVDs not detected.: Greetings all! Here's the trouble: havin a laptop Acer aspire, my DVD blu ray, is not detected when introducin it, nothin hapen, though the games CDs are normally played. Tried to uninstall the drive and reboot, to no avail. Tried also diferent DVDs for the same...
  10. back up problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    back up problem: Hi Every time i try to get a back up of my files i get this message Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\OneDrive\CATS 6A. Error*SadThe system cannot find the path specified. (0x80070003))It tells me that everything else...