Windows 10: Problem 'Can't Save To This Location'.

Discus and support Problem 'Can't Save To This Location'. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a win10 machine with IIS on it. Today I created a directory in Inetpub\wwwroot and made an index.html file with Kompozer and went to save it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by abrogard, Apr 2, 2018.

1. abrogard Win User

Problem 'Can't Save To This Location'.

I have a win10 machine with IIS on it.

Today I created a directory in Inetpub\wwwroot and made an index.html file with Kompozer and went to save it in there.

Got told I had no permissions for that.

I went and changed permissions for that folder to full control for owner/creator (me) but it didn't help.

I'm logged on at all times as admin.

Is this a directory thing, a file thing or an IIS thing? Perhaps I should have done something in IIS when I made that new directory?

:)

abrogard, Apr 2, 2018
  2. Unreal24 Win User

You Don't Have Permission to Save to This Location

It was Bitdefender! The dialogue box made me think it was Windows doing the blocking and I received no notification of any blocked access by Bitdefender. I opened Bitdefender, went to the unread alerts (though I was never alerted) and found the blocked app
    event. I used the interface to unblock Matlab and retried the save with success.

Anyone else with this problem: check blocked apps in your firewall (or maybe I'm the only one...)

Unreal24, Apr 2, 2018
  3. Ar Rom Win User
    You Don't Have Permission to Save to This Location

Hi,

For us to resolve this issue regarding not being able to save due to an error message, we need to set the level of access on the Group Membership. Here are the steps:

1. Right-click on Start button then select Run.

2. Select the user account that is giving you the error message.

3. Click on Properties.

4. Open the Group Membership tab.

5. Set the level of access that you want to give the user.

6. Select Administrator and click Apply then exit.

7. Restart your computer and see if your still getting the same error.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Ar Rom, Apr 2, 2018
Thema:

Problem 'Can't Save To This Location'.

1. Problem 'Can't Save To This Location'. - Similar Threads - Problem 'Can't Save

2. Save as location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Save as location: Hi, this is really frustrating. I issue word documents as .pdfs, previously when I saved the document it defaulted to the same location as the word document, whereas now it tries to save it on the one drive which I do not use and do not wish to use. This seems a clear case of...
  3. Save as location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Save as location: Hi, this is really frustrating. I issue word documents as .pdfs, previously when I saved the document it defaulted to the same location as the word document, whereas now it tries to save it on the one drive which I do not use and do not wish to use. This seems a clear case of...
  4. Default save location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Default save location: Question in the image. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-save-location/78159927-885e-4c2d-96b4-2630a5117bb2
  5. Can't change app save location

Can't change app save location: Hello, I recently needed to reinstall my Windows 10. I used to have my applications saved on my D: drive instead of C: Since I have reinstalled Windows I can't change it back to D: [ATTACH][ATTACH] I've heard it doesn't work because I still have my old apps in that,...
  6. I can't move the saved location of things in settings

I can't move the saved location of things in settings: This should explain everything. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-93a0NKCnz8&feature=youtu.be I Have a C drive and a D drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-move-the-saved-location-of-things-in/32a9af26-645a-4203-ae85-beb73f392fbf
  7. Can't set D drive as default save location

Can't set D drive as default save location: I'm trying to set my D drive as my default for installing apps but keep getting an error 0x80073d0e [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-set-d-drive-as-default-save-location/6b331c2f-20ea-4237-8e4e-788bc4157660
  8. Can't set default save location to specific drive.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't set default save location to specific drive.: I can't set the default save location for new apps to my F or G drives. It gives me an error message with code 0x80070005. [ATTACH]I also can't download games or apps to the F or G drive of my computer. I checked the disk reset the windows store, used DISM and changed the...
  9. Default Save Location and Location Tab

Default Save Location and Location Tab: Default Save Location allows you to change which drive information is store on. But there is already a Location tab in folder properties to do that. You may need to streamline the default save location so you can do the same thing in Control Panel....
  10. Locating saved files

in Windows 10 Support
    Locating saved files: Windows 10 seems to have a mind of its own when I save files. I use "Save as"the first time and expect it to continue saving to the same location that I specified initially. But no, click on "Save" and it saves it in any one of a number of places so I end up with several...