Windows 10: Problem Changing Background

Discus and support Problem Changing Background in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey peoples-- New to Windows 10, big fan so far. Although I have a recurring issue that has carried over from 8. Ever since I switched to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ktrev, Jul 30, 2015.

1. ktrev Win User

Problem Changing Background

Hey peoples--

New to Windows 10, big fan so far. Although I have a recurring issue that has carried over from 8.
    Ever since I switched to the first new background, I have not been able to change to something new.

On Windows 8, it would switch to a blank color of my choice for the back ground.
    On 10, it will stay on the one image I picked back in February and won't budge.
    Google searches have not helped at all! If anyone has any secret formula and advice, I would love my customization back!

thanks!*cake*cake

:)

ktrev, Jul 30, 2015
  2. AdamK Win User

Windows 10 File Explorer doesn't highlight selected file(s) or folder(s)

Using Personalize o change the background color fixed this for me as well. I had a background picture, but I changed to Solid Color, then changed the color and verified that it fixed the problem. I then switched back to the background picture.

AdamK, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Settings Background

The background color in Windows Settings has turned from White to Black.
    I don’t know why the background has changed color. I did not change anything that I am aware of.

I would like to change the Windows Settings background back to White as it is easier for me to read.

I have researched the problem, but all I could find was how to change the Desktop Background color.
    Since my problem is the Windows Settings screen, there does not seem to be anything available.

Any assistance appreciated.

Marco265MP, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Problem Changing Background

You could try this. Drop this line into either the run command or a command prompt (no need for admin rights) and see if using the old GUI helps any.

" control /name Microsoft.Personalization /page pageWallpaper "

joeypent69, Aug 4, 2015
Thema:

Problem Changing Background

1. Problem Changing Background - Similar Threads - Problem Changing Background

2. Problem Changing Image Background used on Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem Changing Image Background used on Desktop: I recently activated OneDrive on my Laptop and I only mentioned it as the only known change. I am using an Acer Laptop with Win10 and this is something I have managed many times in the past. I am trying to change the Desktop Image using the Personalize option. But this time...
  3. Problem Changing Image Background used on Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem Changing Image Background used on Desktop: I recently activated OneDrive on my Laptop and I only mentioned it as the only known change. I am using an Acer Laptop with Win10 and this is something I have managed many times in the past. I am trying to change the Desktop Image using the Personalize option. But this time...
  4. Problem Changing Image Background used on Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Change background !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change background !: Hi, I use my built-in web camera on Windows 10 along with an external microphone. I would like to change the background behind me or blur it out! I see there are various sites that do this but unsure which free one to use! The people I send my videos too, say it would be...
  6. Background changes?

Background changes?: Hello i have the following problem: after a certain time or even right after that my desktop background and my spear picture background change to a funny man who also looks funny. [ATTACH] when i go to settings, then to background, this picture can be found. I...
  7. background change

background change: Hi there I had a screenshot (jpg) as a background, and earlier this week received a system update and my background was gone. I have gone into personalization to try to put it back but it couldn't find any photos at all, leastways not through there. Now the whole background...
  8. Background Changed?

Background Changed?: I had a picture of my dog as my background and this morning it's gone with just a white pattern sheet. I went to my background but didn't know how to change it back. Can someone help me? 144899
  9. Background Changed?

in Windows 10 Support
    Background Changed?: I had a picture of my dog as my background and this morning it's gone with just a white pattern sheet. I went to my background but didn't know how to change it back. Can someone help me? 144899
  10. Problem with desktop background changing

Problem with desktop background changing: I have googled this for days now and tried all the remedies offered and none seems to work for me. I have an image which I want to use for desktop background. I select it in personalize/background/ picture. In a couple of minutes the background changes to an all black...